I am sorry jet fans....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Farva, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Farva

Farva New Member

thats why his arm is so fucking fatigued.....

2. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

He beat Peyton in 2002 and went to San Diego and beat a REVAMPED Chargers team. Also had the Jets in position to go into heinz field and win(Granted he didnt have a GREAT day but PIT's D.......) but you know what happened.

Chad played absolutely great for you guys down the line in the season and with Chad Henne(Who as an Irish fan speaking was pretty sad to see him leave Michigan) you guys wouldent have done all that much.

3. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Chad has NEVER been able to beat elite defenses in his career, his pick 6's always come out in those games. Every even year with the jets he won 9-10 games on a cake schedule and lost when it counted in the playoffs, cause he can't beat a good defense. However, he's very good at checking it down and winning against sub .500 teams (as he has done his whole career, and is still doing). I think we beat 1 team over .500 in 06, and 3 in 04, but every even year in the playoffs it was the same thing. And in the regular season in odd years, we managed to always win 4-6 games as chad was facing tough defenses all year (we always seem to have weak schedules in even years, tough in odd years).

That's chad, he'll never change, offense is forever limited with him at QB.

4. Farva

Farva New Member

thats a given....

5. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

He was really inconsistent with Michigan and was suppose to be something else when he began starting with the Wolverines as a freshman. Never beyond my wildest beliefs did I ever think he'd be taken in the 2nd round in the NFL Draft.

Had too many INT's with MICH and he had the WR's(Breston, Edwards, Manningham)

6. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I posted this in the other thread, but the Chad-lovers have chosen to ignore it. Perhaps it'll garner some input here.

Pennington Playoff Losses
    vs Oakland 2002: 21-47, 183, 1 TD, 4 TOs. Score 30-10.
    vs Pitt 2004: 21-33, 182, 0 TD, 1 INT. Score 20-17 (3 points coming from the Offense).
    vs NE 2006: 23-40, 300, 1 TD, 1 INT, Score 37-16.
    vs Baltimore 2008: 25-38, 252, 1 TD, 4 INTs. Score 27-9.

This was against good-to-elite Defenses who put the pressure on Pennington and forced him to beat them. Notice a trend?

7. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

Bingo! I couldn't agree more.

8. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Don't be too ashamed...The Ravens are a far better team then you are giving them credit for.

9. Farva

Farva New Member

A and pennington has been given wayyyyy too much credit to begin with....

he manages the games....he isnt in the same class as manning, rivers, brees.....he cant lead come backs....and he cant win the big game...he is completley mediocre

10. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

Penny completed more passes then Flacco attempted. MIA got down early and got away from the run and only used the Wildcat a handful of times. If MIA had called the same plays they had called in the regular season they would have gotten the same performance out of Penny.

11. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

You guys are seriously a bunch of morons. Every QB has a bad day. The Dolphins don't win eight games without Pennigton. Now go away and root for the Dolphins.

12. Farva

Farva New Member

coincidence he didnt have this bad a game for 16 straight.....yet its playoff time and he chokes on the big one.....get off pennys nuts....and root for your quaterback

13. Farva

Farva New Member

you see that defense? we ran the ball for like 59 yards on them in reg. season......ronnie had 43 and ricky had 17 today.....its the exact same...penny just choked

14. thegoldengod

thegoldengod Active Member

ronnie brown barely averaged 1 yd per carry...the o-line couldn't block...and the wrs were completely dominated by a superior defense
    the ravens defense is no joke...the veterans on that defense would never let a young team without that much talent beat them
    Chad was literally going to have to win that game by himself...or have flacco lose it...which wasnt going to happen
    i'd give chad a break before you throw him under the bus...
    this wasnt a superbowl year for you...take the playoff appearance and walk away happy

15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

.....and people like you spend so much time choking on pennys unit you fail to realize that he is a mediocre game managing QB who chokes like hell at the first sign of a pass rush. Farve cost us this season, but watching Pick Six Penny for years as a Jet was just as bad. Hopefully we draft a QB in the first and can move on from this debate.

16. Farva

Farva New Member

i am happy...the dolphins completley overachieved....and exceeded MY 5-7 win expectations....but to see him do so well for 16 games...and completley fold in the playoffs was scary, and telling.....

he played this same exact defense, with the same Wr's on his side, and same crappy running...and didnt blow it this bad....season on the line, he stunk the place up....

17. thegoldengod

thegoldengod Active Member

ronnie brown had 12 for 17 yards...that sucks
    playoff football is a different level...and the ravens D is at a different level to start with
    you can't expect a young team with 0 experience to respond to that level of play
    this game was the lock of the week...dolphins loss...written in stone before it even started
    i was hoping for the upset...but it didnt happen...dont shit on your qb

18. Farva

Farva New Member

winner! :breakdance:

19. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

i know youve watched him play in the post season...and this is no shock...

i actually disagree about the dolphins winning more than 8 games without chad....

theyre offense is based around trickery and misdirection....any QB that is of servicable nature to start in this league could have won at least 9 games with the way that offense is set up...pennington is getting way to much credit...

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Everyone can debate all they want to, congrats Dolphin fan you are now in the position where the Jets are in 2002, you guys have made a lot of strides, but think twice if you guys think you will be better then the Jets next season, as long as we will up certain holes on offense and defense you guys will once again be bottom-dwellers in the AFC East along with the damn Buffalo Bills ... Pennington once again got exposed this playoffs and teams will really look to just stop the run and let Pennington beat them with his arm

Dolphins wont be able to just sneak up on certain teams, but the fact of the matter is everyone in that division not named the Patriots are going to have to realllllly improve in the offseason if anyone in the AFC East wants to make a wildcard or win the AFC East