Brian Schottenheimer is the frontrunner at the moment

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Kramer, Jan 4, 2009.

1. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

How about this, he called HORRIBLE plays against the Raiders, 49ers, and Seahawks. The last two are unforgivable since they counted the most and wins would have resulted in us going into the playoffs.

While he's no Hackett, Schotty has done nothing to impress me.

2. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

said it before and ill say it again...if brian schotts is the HC of this team I walk away from this franchise...i can take a lot but one thing i can't take is retarded leadership...and if after a collapse you hire a guy no only with no hc experience but who isnt a very good coordinator your kidding me...

the fact he hasnt been terminated yet is beyond me...but to have a situation where he is the front runner for the HC position is atrocious and disgraceful IMO

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Yeah well look at my edit............

EDIT:Fact of the matter the team did score 405 points chop it up anyway you want. Why cant people complain about indisputable facts.............. Spreading the field with no RB constantly on 3rd and short. Giving Leon Fing Washington 1-2-3 carries for too many games. How about giving up on the run against horrid run defenses or running on horrid pass defenses. It seems like many times the offense did the opposite of what it should. How about the sudden appearance and then disappearance of Keller. Yeah complain about what you want but giving and taking away points in blowouts is a patently stupid and pointless when there are so many other things you can bring up that were questionable.

4. JetsLookingforDWare

So...scoring 405 points just masked how bad of a coach Schotty is?

OK. I can buy that.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Member

It doesn't take much to have an impressive interview at this point. Just four simple words.

"I'll let Favre play."

6. Salz

Salz New Member

I don't get what you're saying. Please elaborate.

7. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I never tried to discredit Schotty for the number of points scored this season, but you're not just evaluating a coordinator based on one stat. Sure, he called some great running plays that led Jones to the AFC rushing title, but he failed to call the plays down the stretch that would have gotten us to the playoffs.

8. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Yeah, scoring 405 points is all well and good, but if you score 405 points but fail to make the playoffs and call bullshit plays against bad teams it doesn't count.

9. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Yeah but my initial post was not directed at you. Unless of course you were playing the lets take out the highs and lows and pick and choose crapola.

10. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Yeah, I'm not one of those. His playcalling record against the shitty teams we faced this year is proof enough that he doesn't have what it takes to coach this team.

I can't believe it's even gotten to the point where we're DEBATING Schotty Jr as a viable Head Coach candidate.

God, the Jets are pathetic.

11. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

just curious...but how many of the 405 points were scored by the Defense or ST?

12. Popeye's Army

Popeye's Army New Member

Is the Jets franchise so out of touch and disorganized that we have to leak that our OC is the top choice right now. With no coaches pursuing the Jets and no other franchise pursuing Schotty. That's embarrassing. It's nothing more than a lame attempt to save face during a complete disaster.

13. JetsLookingforDWare

I'm saying the guy is not an idiot.

14. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Is anyone else curious how much of an impact Callahan had on our offense this year? Our running game was considerably stronger than in the past. How much of that credit goes to the revamped line or Callahan or Schotty?

Our situation is incredibly muddled. Does our new coach keep Schotty? or Callahan? or Both? Neither?

15. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Wait ? he?s the frontrunner over the one other interview and the two other coaches who told us they wouldn?t waste their times interviewing with us?

Please tell me this is some kind of sick joke.

16. Bizprof

Bizprof New Member

I wouldn't hire this clown to clean up my dog's shit. You know why? Some how, some way he'll screw it up and make a bigger mess than he was hired to clean.

He's free to wack my ex though.

17. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

Great. More 3 & short shotgun formations.

18. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

I've been wondering about Callahan's influence too. The run blocking was great, the pass blocking sucked. At OAK they didn't need pass blocking because Gannon was so mobile and they ran a short passing attack, really had to considering Gannon's arm strength. So at OAk Callahan looked like a genius. Mebbe the guy only knows run blocking.

19. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

The best question is how this guy hasnt been fired. He is a HORRIBLE play caller in tight spots. I thought he would have been first out the door after the season.

20. jets1960

jets1960 New Member

pLEASE gOD ... THIS THREAD IS JUST A JOKE ...RIGHT?