Chad's limitations being revealed. The Pennington thread.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Salz, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Bizprof

Bizprof New Member

No disrespect fin fan, but Dan Henning is a solid and experienced OC. Get a real QB to execute his plan and you guys will be a good team.

2. sayuki

sayuki New Member

You people are very mean to Chad! what has he done to the Jets?

3. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Pennington Playoff Losses
    vs Oakland 2002: 21-47, 183, 1 TD, 4 TOs. Score 30-10.
    vs Pitt 2004: 21-33, 182, 0 TD, 1 INT. Score 20-17 (3 points coming from the Offense).
    vs NE 2006: 23-40, 300, 1 TD, 1 INT, Score 37-16.
    vs Baltimore 2008: 25-38, 252, 1 TD, 4 INTs. Score 27-9.

This was against good-to-elite Defenses who put the pressure on Pennington and forced him to beat them. Notice a trend?

4. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Then why was Pittsburgh, Indianopolis and the New York Giants able to beat the Patriots? The immortal Jake Plummer beat the Pats in the playoffs in 2005. Bottom line is great QB's can beat great defenses. And Chad is not a great QB.

5. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

It's simple with Chad: don't let your team get behind.

Because when you don't respect the long ball as a defense and you can start taking risks, you shorten the field, put more people defending the throwing lanes, and now you've taken away Chad's bread and butter.

I certainly wasn't happy to see him fail, but this game's outcome was all too predictable.

6. JetsLookingforDWare

Chad played pretty damn well that day. He also QB'd that same the that blew out the Colts.

Chad's a good dude. I don't have any problems with him at all really. He's an good starting QB right now. The fact that he's even that after what happened to his arm is, to me, awe fuckin inspiring. After the injury, he was OK to above average. Thats hard to find in this league, and it was a big deal with our young team in '06 to have him QB'ing. Dude knows his shit. He's not a Jet anymore. I hope he does well. I even hope he wins a playoff game one day, just not with the Dolphins.

7. Bizprof

Bizprof New Member

OK since the Brett/Chad comparisons should end now, lets talk the last one:

Superbowl appearances: BF:2 CP: 0
    Superbowl Wins: BF:1 CP:0
    Mvp: BF: 3 CP: never fucking close
    Playoff Wins: BF: 12 CP: 2

Yeah, Cp is a real hero. HOF shoe in for sho'

8. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

If Mangini lost a home playoff game with Chad as the QB we would be just as pissed as we were last week. It was time to turn the page on Chad, just like it is time to turn the page on Brett. Let Ratliff and Kellen fight it out and draft another if the oppurtunity arises. I don't like Ainge.

9. sayuki

sayuki New Member

Chad was close this year for MVP!

10. The Uniform Bomber

I agree he's a good dude, has heart, etc. But going 21-47 for 183 yards, 1 TD, 4 TOs, and leading the Offense to 10 points is hardly what I'd call a good day.

11. MudBowl Survivor

MudBowl Survivor New Member

guys...the ravens are a better football team on both sides of the ball. can't really blame Chad for this one; they were a team with 1-15 talent that went 11-5 and did beat out our Jets with the same schedule. The Ravens destroy the Jets or Dolphins today no matter what.

I agree with the thread that said the Jets were making a SB run or bust with getting Favre. we saw how that turned out. NO need to get into ripping BF anymore...looks like he is getting embarrassed into retirement.

12. JetsLookingforDWare

Word. My memory sucks.

13. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Regardless of how bad Chad played today, at least the Phins were playing today. Some people say the Lombardi is the only goal- I agree with that to an extent but you have to get to the playoffs to even have a chance at that. The Favre acquisition is still a failure because we didn't even have the chance to cast our lot.

People castigated those of us that were in the "I told you so" camp about Favre- it seems those same folks are the ones who are reveling in the benefit of saying "I told you so" about Pennington. Never mind that the Phins have a bunch of 2nd teamers and were definite underdogs in this game...

14. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

For crying out loud.. STFU already. He got beat bad in that Ravens game today, but the truth is, he's likely to lead the Dolphins back to the playoffs again next year, and likely, the Dolphins will be fielding an even better team. I can't say that right now, the Jets are going to do the same thing. Chad has already won tough games, and with a better team around him, he'll continue to surprise all you people who will sit in your circle jerks and call it luck. At least the Dolphins have a quality QB. Wish I could say the same for the Jets.

15. The Uniform Bomber

There was absolutely nothing surprising about Pennington today.

16. azpackjetfan

azpackjetfan New Member

I'll take that bet. With a first place schedule I'll be surprised if they win 8 games next year. Pennington's play finally caught up with him. I have been watching all year and he's been throwing questionable balls into coverage all year. He, much like Peyton Manning have a way of somehow having those balls find the ground not the defenders.

Heck, He should have thrown two or three against us last week. We dropped two and one was called back with a ticky tack illegal contact call.

17. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

18. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

They said he threw 500 passes and only had 7 picks... the lowest INT ratio in Miami history. No doubt, some luck went into that. But all this nonsense about "Chad's been exposed" is a bunch of bullshit. If that had any truth to it he never would have been starting for Miami in the first place, something many here said he wouldn't do. The Dolphins certainly overachieved this year, but if they keep building that team they are going to be right back where they are. We will be lucky to find a coach that doesn't set us back another 3-5 years. Not to mention, who's our QB again?

19. Salz

Salz New Member

I'd rather have an uncertain QB situation with some potential than know Chad Pennington will not deliver for us in games vs tough defenses. How about that?

20. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

but did manning throw 4 ints in the game? i think not!