Do the Jets players really hate Favre?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJetsFan26, Jan 3, 2009.

1. NYJetsFan26

NYJetsFan26 New Member

I wonder if Thomas Jones and the player who wishes not to be known really do speak for the whole Jets lockeroom? How could Favre ever comeback healthy or not if the whole lockeroom hates him? Favre's been thrown under the bus by everyone from Jones to Tony Atlas but is it true? What a trainwreck....I know the season ended bad but do you really want Favre to end his legacy like this? This was my biggest fear when Favre came here, no one trashed the Chiefs for Montana's last years, they didn't win or go to a Superbowl but no one says Montana made a huge mistake, if Farve goes out like this, being trashed by the Jets, it will only make the Jets and the jets fans look bad, we'll be in every story ever told about Favre's legendary career, he had all this success as a packer, 13-3 his last season there, and oh by the way, he played for the Jets for one season and was banished? I don't know, if he doesn't comeback then go with Clemens, but I'd rather see Favre go out with atleast a playoff appearence so the Jets don't go down in history with killing Favre's legacy...

2. JetsLookingforDWare

Nah, they're probably just frustrated he sucked during the closing stretch of the season.

Who they really should hate is the coaches. Our coaches made Favre and therefore the team like that.

3. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

I'm sure they don't hate him, but at the same time they have to be seeing the same thing everyone else sees. He's a liability that gets first class treatment and that has to be frustrating.

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

they didn't trash Montana because he took them to the AFC Championship. if Favre behaved the way it has been reported, between that and his play he earned the criticism and deserves it.

5. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

I doubt they hate him, but it does not sound like they all want him back.

6. IATA

IATA Trolls

Favre is like the ex wife.

It was great at the beginning, then she stopped putting out and just made your life a living fucking hell. But if she was to offer you a BJ, you'd take it.

7. Rocinante

Rocinante New Member

Many of us have probably been on teams with that one ego maniac we wished would stop hogging the ball and taking 30 shots a game. This is probably the proper comparison. It is a sense of resentment. Favre had his name tossed into the MVP candidacy at one point although the running game was stout and he was having plenty of time to throw by the improved offensive line. If you are a member of that locker room and you have a teammate who a) has an enormous ego b) gets more credit than he deserves and c) throws the game away...I sense a burgeoning hate

8. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

:rofl: :rofl2: :metal:

9. JetsLookingforDWare

10. #4kicksA$$

#4kicksA$$ New Member

Once again it's blame Favre and not a shitty can't stop no one defense. Sounds like to me the Jets need to learn what ACCOUNTABILITY means. But it's much easier to blame a superstar that will accept responsebility. Than a bunch of mediocre talent losers on the defense,that couldn't tackle my 9 year old son. Granted Favre played less than stellar the last half of the season. But when your defense and coaching staff do absolutely NOTHING to help,what the fuck do you expect. I really hope Brett retires,as this ungrateful bunch of fucks do not deserve a player like him.

11. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

That is awesome...

12. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

Favre is at his best when a coach clearly controls the offense, not Favre. MM controlled favre in GB, as did sherman most of the time, and Holgrem.

You need to not be afraid to yell at him. Take magini's "what was that" comment on the sidelines. Why wasn't he getting at Favre over the mistake? Why hasn't he all year? Just because favre is 39 - Players need to be coached, and Favre got ZERO coaching this year.

13. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

your kidding right? Everyone knows BJ stands for Brandon Jacobs!

Hell if favre gave the Jets a Brandon Jacobs we'd love him too!

14. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Stop making me laugh so hard, I'm letting my girlfriend nap so she has enough enegry to give me a Brandon Jacobs later.

15. azpackjetfan

azpackjetfan New Member

I agree. It's easy to see Favre's shortcomings late in the season and now we know he was injured. But I contend that this team got way overconfident after beating the Pats and Titans back to back on the road.

Name me one player that played better in the last five games that they played in the previous 11? Go ahead, nyjunc or joe white, jaded green, name me one.

16. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

How can any JETS fan/Player really like this guy right now?

I was a big Favre fan back in the day. He was a throwback
    until...
    -He fagged up the NFL for the past 4 flip flop years
    -Came here, got all prima donna on his fellow team mates
    -Totally tanked the final months and all playoff hopes
    -Is destroying our coaching prospects by NOT calling it quits.

I'm sorry but there is NOTHING there that makes me think any JETS fan would like him as a player right now.

17. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

yes your totally right...and according to the jets the best way to handle this situation is the give serious consideration to our OC as HC

18. JetsLookingforDWare

I guess he didn't. I get the feeling there's something you're not telling me about this bj thing.

19. 12 > 4

12 > 4 New Member

I wish someone...anyone on the Packers would have called him out over his BS the past several years. We'll take Jones, Rhodes, and Atlas anytime.

20. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Oh, Jesus H Christ.

I have expect to come back here by the end of this week to read the Brett Favre is the #2 of Osama Bin Laden, they way the crap on this board is deteriorating day by day.

Honestly, you guys give me whiplash. Less than two months ago these boards were full of "Will the Jets retire #4?" crap, and now ... the pendelum swings the other way.

Brett Favre had a terrible last 1/3 of the season, a good middle third of a season, and a mediocre begining third (hard to evaluate as the offense was scaled back). And he had a fantastic 2007, a mediocre 2006, a terrible 2005, a good 2004, and a great 2003. What will he do next year if he keeps playing for Jets? Who the fuck knows. But I DO know he's not a member of Al Qaeda ... no matter what you guys post next! And I do know if he plays and plays well, the locker room will magically love him once again, just like they were gushing over him six weeks ago.