Chad's limitations being revealed. The Pennington thread.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Salz, Jan 4, 2009.

1. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Chad can win the "big games", he just can bring win in games where his team is behind late and he has to improvise. If the team is up or near tied late, he's great. If they are down, he forces throws and gets picked. Always.

2. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

Well they could make a Brett Favre one too. :breakdance:

3. SixFeetDeep

SixFeetDeep Red Hot Robbie Cano

given your posting history, i figured you already made one.

4. Fusion2006

Fusion2006 New Member

Didn't hte offense put up a total of THREE points in the game against the Steelers?

What does us struggling against crappy teams have to do with anything, we suck. We know that. But Chad sucks too. I'm so glad he won't be on our team next year. He would probably win the starting spot and we would come up short again.

"If Chad had his running game, he might win too". WHO CARES. If this, If that. FACT: He has never been CLOSE to a Super Bowl. You can't deny that. You can't do anything about that.

No matter how creative your play calling is to try to hide your offensive weaknesses (i.e. noodle arm QB), a good defense will expose you.

And what is Peyton have to do with anything, he can have a bad game or not win a game, he's won a Super Bowl. I think your really grasping at straws at this point.

He's an average QB with a lot of heart. But in the NFL, that doesn't do crap for you. Unless you have a dominanting defense, your going to be exposed. And this defense played pretty well today and they still got beat down.

Its a fact, he's never been close to a Super Bowl.

5. GreenScreen313

GreenScreen313 New Member

Note to Moderator: In response to your banner at the top of my web browser, MANGINI HAS GONE!

To the original poster, you can have whatever opinions you want about Pennington, but Chad isn't the primary example of a weak point on the dolphins team. Their defense as a whole is weak. Weak. Weak.

Let's just not act as if Chad is on a good team now and he coughed it up for them. Please.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Change Chad and Manning's #s and teams and Manning win's it in Miami taking a 1 win team leading them to 11 wins.

He didn't have an excellent D in '08, he had a good D. His excellent runing game in '08 saw Ricky and Ronnie run it 16 times for 36 yds(2.3 YPC)- where was this excellent running game?

ted Ginn is nothing, he had Moss in '04 and hit him on an incredible deep pass at SD and barely missed at Pitt despite playing w/ a torn rotator cuff.

Maybe Chad doesn't beat the Pats in NE(although he has always played well in NE) but he probably beats them in week 2 so that cancels out.

7. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I was a big Chad fan,and always defended him. But 4 picks i a big game vs a team that didn't buy the wildcat and blitzed his ass,is the exposure of a huge weakpoint. The Ravens forced out Chad from behind the trickery.

8. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

This is just ridiculous.

Shut down because the Ravens D focused on that, forcing Chad to beat them. And he couldn't.

9. Fusion2006

Fusion2006 New Member

Man, who cares. Honestly. The ultimate goal is the Super Bowl. Do you honestly think this year with our team, that Chad has ANY chance at a Super Bowl?

With this Pass D? With that coaching?

You honestly think he could have overcome that?

10. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

11. The Uniform Bomber

And Junc, please stop saying "if the K makes FG's at Pitt..."

Because I can play that game too: If Chad puts us in the endzone once, we win.

12. azpackjetfan

azpackjetfan New Member

Only reason Chad won as many as he did this year is that his defense kept them in games. There was a stretch that Miami didn't give up a TD for three straight weeks. If Pennington was playing for the Jets, He wouldn't have been able to put up as many points as it would have been necessary to offset the pourous defense.

Now if he was on Baltimore, then yes he could go far. I think almost any quarterback could be successful with that type of defense. They are just plain awesome.

13. JetsLookingforDWare

It really sucks too cause he really coulda/woulda/shoulda been a great QB. So many people forgot what this guy was like when he was fully healthy.

Oh well. Life moved on.

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Yeah, really.

If Reggie Tongue didn't return an interception for a touchdown and if Santana Moss didn't return a punt for a touchdown...

Small Game Pennington led the Jets to 3 whole points. Count 'em, folks. Three.

15. The Uniform Bomber

He was very good when he was fully healthy but his arm was never strong. He was exposed by Oakland in 2002 when he was fully healthy.

16. Salz

Salz New Member

Haha, Reggie Tongue.

17. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Ronnie Brown is a great running back and Ricky was healthy and is still dangerous. Ginn is a game breaker and Chad played really well. You can't discount how well he played and you can't discount the talent that Miami has. They have speed and power on both O and D and Chad was very good.

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I guess Chad really isn't invincible nor infallible.. Excuse me while I go enroll in a Tibetian Monastary to repent my sins...

19. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

if he had a stronger arm he wouldn't be a Jet. He would had been drafted way before our pick that year. That why he droped because of us arm strenth.

20. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

They have much more talent than the 06 Jets and Chad's arm looks a lot better than in 06 and has played much better than 06.