Is it wrong to hope Miami wins so...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by songster67, Jan 3, 2009.

1. songster67

songster67 New Member

We can get Rex Ryan in here for an interview...stat!

More I consider it, if we're going to go rookie HC, I want it to be him. 12 yrs of NFL coaching experience -- 10 of those years with the Ravens. Longer def coord experience than Spags. Excellent Ryan family pedigree. Might even get Billick to take job as off coord (yeah yeah I know. Billick did shit with the Ravens offense, but he was phenomenal with the Vikings).

Just not sure about Spags. Couldn't care less about getting Shanahan. Disappointed about Cowher, but then again, Cowher would come without LeBeau; without Whisenhunt; without Russ Grimm. I would take Marty.

I dunno. How pathetic is our situation when even Fassel isn't lobbying for the job

2. Farva

Farva New Member

root for the dolphins also so they will represent the afc-east in a good way!!! :)

3. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

It's wrong.

4. Bosko

Bosko Guest

The Miami Dolphns SUCK and as a Jets fan I refuse to root for them under any circumstances... Unless, of course, they can beat the Patriots or Bills and secure the Jets a playoff position. That's the only way a true Jets fan can root for the Fish.

#4 Bosko, Jan 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2009
  5. Farva

Farva New Member

lol....irony :lol:

6. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

Simply put, yes.

7. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Two reason to hope Miami wins.

First it would allow Rex to be interviewed.

Second if Miami makes it to the AFC Championship game, win or lose Parcell will leave the team after this season.

Parcells would be my true #1 candidate for HC.

8. nyjrkm06

nyjrkm06 Active Member

we shouldnt root for them .they should get destroyed to show they were a fluke.they will be destroyed theyre gay little westcoast pennington screen pass playbook (and also underthrows) fits perfectly to what the ravens do. the first time the two met earlier in the season,and the ravens won,because they stopped the success of the west coast miami ofense

9. Bosko

Bosko Guest

What's ironic about it?

Every football team roots for their rival if it means that they get a playoff spot. The Patriots were rooting for the Jets to beat the Fish in Week 17, for cryin' out loud--een though Belichek hates the Jets. It's not "irony," it's "logic."

Are you above the age of 12?

10. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Parcells is now a personnel guy. He will not coach again and if he does, it would be for a year and then the Jets would be right back in this situation again. Plus, Parcells has never won a playoff game as a coach without Belichick on his staff.

11. Farva

Farva New Member

bro i bolded what i was calling ironic.....if we "suck" what does that make the jets??

12. nyjrkm06

nyjrkm06 Active Member

miami sucks!

13. Bosko

Bosko Guest

Dude, you must know that as a Jets fan I will ALWAYS AND FOREVER KNOW that every single player on your team, the Miami Dolphags, suck big donkey dicks. So please do not try to be clever.

And riddle me this: If the Jets suck because we fail to win the AFC East division title almost every year? What about your team, who somehow manage to win the AFC East almost every year and then choke in the playoffs? Does this make the Dolphins a better team than the Jets, when we've been beating your ass every year in the regular season lately??? Or does this make them even bigger gaggers?

14. Farva

Farva New Member

the past....i love how THATS brought up

oh, speaking of "clever" :lol:

15. Farva

Farva New Member

true..........

16. Farva

Farva New Member

THE FUTURE....

dolphins-- firey headcoach, young gm, vet/game managing QB, future QB on the bench learning from said Vet QB....young probowl running back, young offensive line, young WR, hard working low key in-expensive tight end, 2 young stud defensive ends (who have already contributed this season *cough gholston cough*) in-expensive cornerbacks, and 3 picks in the 1st 2 rounds next year plus alot of cap room and a good enviroment (miami, no state taxes) to bring in free agents....

jets- who is your quaterback? oh.....you dont even have a coach....a loaded salary cap.....

keep drooling over the past bro....see where we end up in the next few years :beer:

17. Kenny

Kenny New Member

the dolphins are almost a mirror image of the 06 jets.. use gimmicks, product of weak schedule, strong coaching..

18. Bosko

Bosko Guest

Thanks for pointing this out!

Our pointy-headed friend doesn't get the "irony" but I do!

19. Farva

Farva New Member

pennington didnt have his career season throwing double passes, and flee flickers all year....it was a base offense, with occassional "gimmick" plays....

we had a weak schedule...but you guys the puts and the trills had the same schedule suzy......we can only play who is on our schedule....difference is we won them (49ers, seahawks, raiders) :rofl2:

20. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Some fans hope Pennington has a great game just to shove it up the Jets' azz as far as humanly possible because of how our season fell apart. I get the sentiment, but I just can't root for those Miami pukes. Nope, can't do it. You root for the laundry, not for the player - especially in this instance. I always loved Chad and wanted him to succeed here, but same old story. If he'd gone to the NFC, I'd manage, because it wouldn't be of any consequence to us - unless we played them.

Now I have to watch that hump Ray Lewis doing that jackass dance of his on top of it (another team I can't stand) and hope I don't see Chad running off the field with his finger in the air come 00:00. It would probably be the middle one, too. I hate the Jets.

#20 jetophile, Jan 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2009