Ah yes, Woody (the fool) caused Cowher to withdraw

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Don, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

You said it "he's a total idiot" This is what Woody thinks of his team...fires the coach then skips the country like he did something illegal!

2. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

It's quite annoying to find something like this out, we are trying to see this franchise to potential head coaches and the owner is not even there??? it really is ridiculous.

3. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

That just doesn?t make any sense.

4. JetsLookingforDWare

Cause it's fan fodder bullshit. Feed the masses what they want...in our case it's something to complain about and pass some blame around.

Cowher was never coming here for '09...at least IMO. I don't think he's coaching anywhere.

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think Woody Johnson is a piece of f'n garbage.

6. pete cofran

pete cofran New Member

That was an erroneous report that Cowher demanded any conditions to the Jets Cowher himself refuted the claim. A day latter he backed out before meeting with the Jets which says to me he changed his mind about coaching any team in 09. Your suggesting he wanted his own GM and that nixed the deal. Maybe that was the case but before I would believe such a claim it would have to either come from his mouth or the Jets that that was the case. Here again I'm confident its another media speculation.

7. Bosko

Bosko Guest

And it's starting to STINK!

8. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

I'm starting to think that all these years of living in California have changed me and somehow altered my emotional life. I seem to be the only one here who doesn't want to commit suicide or homicide over every stupid thing reported in the media.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Hmm..they aren't making it up..he's not here. He wasn't on Tuesday and he wasn't on Friday and he wasn't yesterday so what are you trying to say? Cowher was willing to interview for the job until Woody decided to skip town, that's a fact too.

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Has it dawned on anyone that there is very little prestige in being HC of the NYJ's?? Historically, its been a proving ground/spring board for unproven assistant coaches and that will not change under Woody Johnson.

That being said, forget any "name" Coach coming here. Its not gonna happen so get used to young assistants coming in, perhaps getting this team back to being mediocre again in 2-3 years and then in years 4-5, should they last that long, find a way out of town. Its seems to happen to the Jets alot.

Thank God I'm not one to have purchase one of those "Personal Sucker Licenses"...