Off-season moves

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyjrkm06, Jan 2, 2009.

1. nyjrkm06

nyjrkm06 Active Member

1.get rid of favre
    2.resign Richardson
    3.lock up Washington to long term deal
    4.sign CB Nnamdi Asomugha UFA Oakland Raiders Free Agent
    5.sign either landry,suggs,or lewis from Ravens UFA(no way they keep all three)
    6.resign Barton and Nugent
    7.try to trade for Derek Anderson because at #17 in the draft i dont think there is going to be a stable QB option
    8.trade higher picks with some other assets/players so you enter draft with 1 first round pick,2 second rounders,and 2 3rd rounders
    DRAFT A LB,WR,DE,CB and/or possibly QB
    draft LB brandon spikes
    draft {bradford,tebow,or stafford}if theyre even available
    draft CB Vontae Davis
    draft DE Tyson Jackson
    draft WR Percy Harvin

thoughts?

2. WMJetfan

WMJetfan New Member

Why sign nugent.... Feeley's done a good job this year, and nugent has proven nothing to me that would tell me he's better than Feeley. I know Feeley's had some bad times, but Nugent hasn't really impressed either.

3. ToddisGod

ToddisGod Banned

we have 4 number one picks? how you drafting these guys

4. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Did you just get finished playing Madden?

5. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

My exact thought.

6. nyjrkm06

nyjrkm06 Active Member

lol ok....

7. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

The draft isn't happening that way since Davis , Jackson , Harvin and Spikes are all projected 1st rounders and I would get rid of Barton and i wouldnt trade a 1st or 2nd for Derek Anderson.

8. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

No.6...no way we resign Barton and Nugent. They will be cap casualties...or whatever. We should be saving a lot of money off Barton. He makes too much to be resigned and is nothing more than a good backup. David Bowens is the same.

Kickers are dime a dozen and Nugent is not reliable at all. Feely has done a great job this yr with his limited opportunities. He is cheaper than Nugent aswell so Im fine with Nuge.

9. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Just for fun.

1. To be completley honest. If Brett Favre wants to play football next season there is nothing the Jets can do about it.

2. I agree

3. Why lock up Washington now when he is under contract and the Jets have more pressing needs? Why would you wanna lock up Washington when you want the Jets to sign Asomugha, one of three Ravens and Eric Barton all in one off season?

4. Not happening.

5. I could see Lewis or maybe Suggs but one of those two plus Asomugha? Plus resign Barton? You do realize there is a salary cap right? and you do realize the Jets are currently over it.

6. I doubt Barton comes back. The Jets need to get under cap. Nugent could return.

7. Derek Anderson? Ok I could buy that.

8. The Jets already have 1 first round pick and 2 seconds (as long as the Saints resign Vilma). What assets are they going to give up to get 1 let alone 2 thirds?

9. Draft a LB? You just said you wanted a guy like Suggs or Lewis plus resign Barton. Thats 2 of them added to David Harris, Calvin Pace, and Bryan Thomas. Those guys are all getting paid starting LB money. Oh and dont forget about Gholston. Actually do because there is very little chance he see's any playing time with all those guys on the same roster. Thats a waste of the number 6th pick in the draft.

10. Bradford or Stafford wont be available when the Jets pick. I actually like Tebow though but dont know if the Jets should draft him. I thought you wanted the Jets to trade for Derek Anderson anyway?

11. Vontae Davis is probably the second best corner in the draft. The Jets cant spend a first on a corner this year so he likley wont be there when they pick in the second. JMO

12. I like Percy Harvin. He would be a good addition to this team. But in order to get him the Jets have to use their first on him most likley. So basically out of all the guys you want us to draft you would have to pick one.

If the Jets had this type of off season I think even the Dark Siders would be purchasing Super Bowl tickets come training camp.

#9 kevmvp, Jan 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  10. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

i say we trade for peyton manning instead maybe give up a 7th, maybe a 6th

11. nyjrkm06

nyjrkm06 Active Member

ok,ok i made some adjustments
    1.get rid of favre
    2.resign Richardson
    3.sign CB Nnamdi Asomugha UFA Oakland Raiders Free Agent
    4.sign either landry,suggs,or lewis from Ravens UFA(no way they keep all three)
    5.resign feely or Nugent
    6.trade higher picks with some other assets/players so you enter draft with 1 first round pick,2 second rounders,and 2 3rd rounders
    7.must get rid of(cut/trade)bryan thomas
    DRAFT A LB,WR,DE,CB and/or possibly QB
    draft LB brandon spikes or hope Gholston will have a d ware type comeback season
    draft QB Tim Tebow
    draft DE Tyson Jackson
    draft WR Percy Harvin

thoughts now?

12. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Theres just no way the Jets end up with Tebow, Harvin and or Spikes.

And theres just no way they sign Asomugha. I would love it if they did but its not happening.

Signing one of the guys from the Ravens I think could happen and is something I would like to see. I would like to see them sign Ray Lewis. He would be a good leader for this defense which lacks an identity. Plus he could replace Barton. I think the Ravens would resign Lewis. Suggs or Landry are probably a more realistic option.

13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Even Madden doesn't do THAT.

14. nyjrkm06

nyjrkm06 Active Member

scenario 1(we acquire decent qb such as anderson/grossman)
    then we choose a maclin,Harvey,or spikes with our #1 pick

Scenario 2(no qb aqcuisition)
    then we draft a tebow or curtis painter with the #1

15. nyjrkm06

nyjrkm06 Active Member

and why not both ASOMUGHA AND RAY LEWIS(the only reason I mentioned them because they are the top defensive UFAs this year and both reportdley(according to rumors)have declined extensions either because of $ or they want out I'd say

16. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

Asomugha has had the franchise tag placed on him hasn't he?

Out of all the players mentioned for the draft there is only one that we will be able to get, perhaps 2 if Tebow drops like some expect. It's a long shot that Vontae Davis drops to us at 17th as well. Jackson/Spikes/Harvin should all be available when we make out first pick, so take one of those and then Tebow in the 2nd round, if we have a early 2nd round pick perhaps Spikes drops there.

Agree on Re-signing Richardson and locking up Washington, but Nugent and Barton are unnecessary. After watching Anderson this season, thanks but no thanks.

17. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

Nugent is new around these parts but I've never seen him suck as bad as feeley has in the past, this year may have been a career year for feeley and I feel mostly because Nugent was still on the team and fucking up would get him cut, we drafted nugent, he hasent missed many field goals and has nailed some nice ones for us. I dont know everytime feeley came up for a kick this entire season i crossed my fingers and closed my eyes.

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Nobody will trade for Anderson because everybody knows they will have to release him or pay all those millions to have him on the bench. The problem may be what the bonus dollars do to their cap.

19. nyjrkm06

nyjrkm06 Active Member

Raiders | Asomugha to report - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 24 Jul 2008 08:42:22 -0700

Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, reports Oakland Raiders CB Nnamdi Asomugha has decided not to hold out and will report to the team. He apparently changed directions when it became clear he would not receive assurance from Oakland that they won't put the franchise tag on him again next year.

20. nyjrkm06

nyjrkm06 Active Member

Raiders | Team has committed a lot in guaranteed money - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 09 Jun 2008 08:42:07 -0700

Jerry McDonald, of ANG Newspapers, reports the Oakland Raiders have dished out a total of just under $146 million in guaranteed money in contracts awarded to QB JaMarcus Russell, RB Justin Fargas, RB Darren McFadden, WR Javon Walker, CB DeAngelo Hall, DL Tommy Kelly, SS Gibril Wilson, and CB Nnamdi Asomugha, once he signs his one-year franchise tender.

they will not afford to keep him this off season