Francesa says it's a joke that Revis made the pro bowl

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RunLeonRun, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Finnegan did have an awesome season this year.

2. JetsLookingforDWare

Revis > Finnegan

Well eh...they're interchangeable really...I also think Nate Clements is the most underrated CB in the NFL. No one talks about the guy because they're too busy calling Aso underrated. Aso might be underrated by the media, but he gets more than enough props on the internet. Nice call on Mathis BakerMaker, 2-3 years ago that guy was the hot CB in this league too. Amazing how quickly you get forgotten in the NFL.

One name everyones gonna know is Eric Wright. He's not dominant or anything right now, but he's been a good starter for two years and he's only 23.

#42 JetsLookingforDWare, Jan 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  3. Kenny

Kenny New Member

and how much money is clements making? 80 million or something crazy over 8 years..

4. JetsLookingforDWare

Aso...Revis...Finnegan...you think these guys won't get paid a shitload once they hit FA?

Clements just happened to be the best player on the market when teams had a shitload of money to spend. Doesn't make him overrated. Overpaid? Hell yea, but name an athlete that isn't.

5. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

HAHAHAHAH Webster..

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Find me one cornerback in the league who, without the help of a pass rush, is going to keep opposing receivers shut down.

If giving up a few catches here and there, despite having no support from the front 7 whatsoever, is grounds to disqualify Revis from the Pro Bowl then...

...well, let's just say Francesa is a pig and an idiot.

7. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

Francesa also said Faneca has had better years and shouldn't have made it but Mangold is acceptable because he likes Mangold.

When Francesa says Revis making the pro bowl is a joke and then follows it up by judging offensive lineman then I can't take him seriously. It's much tougher to judge an offensive lineman on their play then a CB. Especially when we're talking about a center and guard. They play right next to each other. Francesa can really say that Faneca doesn't deserve it but Mangold does? And Mr. Francesa, you were paying attention to Faneca and Mangold all game every game?

If you can seriously say that Faneca played ok and Mangold played good then how would you not know that Revis deserves being a pro bowler? That tells me Francesa is clueless!

8. pete cofran

pete cofran New Member

I agree many positions are difficult to judge. If your miles above or below then its easier. Jets CB seem to be average but I'd agree that the lack of a pass rush would hurt their numbers. A fairer test of a players value is when he becomes a FA. Most of the time the way tv covers the game with close ups of the QB and then to the running back/receiver its hard to get a clear picture on whats going on and who fault it is for allowing a big play. But more often then not I'd say it was the DL lack of pass rush not the CB fault.

9. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

What's wrong with Webster? Check the numbers I posted earlier, as well as his league-leading number of pass deflections. The guy sucked early in his career (a product of Tim Lewis sucking as a coach) but turned it up big time in the playoffs last year. I don't see what's so funny.

10. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

Webster is good, but he's absolutely not a Top-3 corner in the league.

And he is absolutely not better than Darrelle Revis.

11. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

When did I say he was better? I think the two are elite corners and, like elite players at any position, are difficult to compare. And what are you basing saying he isn't a top-3 corner off of? I'm not saying you need to agree with me, but if you're going to disagree at least have something backing you up.