Thomas Jones was just made a fool by Dana Jacobson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by EcKo151, Jan 2, 2009.

1. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I'm at work watching ESPN "First Take" and they interview TJ.

4 separate occasions he kept defending how the question was taken out of context, and he answered it honestly, but it wasn't directed towards Brett Favre, just players in general.

Asked if he thought Favre should of been benched. He said that's the coaches decision, the QB position is different??

Then when Dana told TJ about the Rhodes quote about he'd welcome Favre back if he worked out the whole offseason and came early...

Asked if TJ would want Favre back...

"That isn't my call."

Asked again if HE would want Favre back...

"That isn't my call, I don't make those decisions."

Then he once again went back to defending the question he got from Hot 97 FM...

This team is going in shambles.

2. bpjets

bpjets New Member

WOW...we have great jobs....I just watched it to....Yea he sounded like a fool

3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Heard the interview.........Jones was backpedding BIG-TIME! Jones was speaking so fast, you almost couldn't understand him.

4. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

TJ sounds like he stupidly got himself into this mess by opening up his mouth and saying stupid things on Hot 97. He has now compounded the problem by continuing to sound like a jerk and not taking the high road and being a gentlemen and a professional. He should learn how to say the following things:

No Comment; I support the Jets and my teammates 110%; Brett Farvre is an all-time great and I have utmost respect for him; I am looking forward to the 2009 season and I hope that all my teammates return because I think we have alot to accomplish after a disappointing end to the season; My comments on Hot 97 were wrong and I apologize if I offended anybody - I guess I was just still upset with losing the game - again I apologize to my teammates and the Jets organization if I offended anyone.

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He's such a punk.

6. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

How can he complain? He led the AFC in rushing and had a shit load of touchdowns?

7. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

ka ching!! that should be enough incentive to give the company line and not get caught in the circus.

jil

8. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

He wants to win thats why he complained. Thats the type of guys we need.

9. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

We don't need players who trash their teammates in the media. He really shouldn't be throwing any of his teammates under the bus. Take the high road TJ. Be smart - you don't look good when you act like T.O. and you bitch and whine to the media.

10. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

What is the guy supposed to do. He answers the question one way every one on the other side comes down on him. He answers it the other way the other side comes down on him. Personally if I'm an NFL player on a team that was a "contender" at 8-3 and my QB was throwing int after int and caused us to finish the way they did I would be pi**** off as well.What isthe problem with calling out Favre. Is he a God? Maybe in GB but not here in NY.Jones played hard all year kept his mouth shut all year long and told what should have been told to Favre a few weeks ago. Your interceptions and poor throws and poor decision making are killing us! I only hope some other players come forward and let Tannenbaum know that Favre must not return.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

This is all being blown out of proportion by the media. He said it pisses him off when the QB throws an INT. Well no shit, it should piss you off. Of course the media will play this out the Nth degree and get as much out of it as they possibly can.

Nothing to see here, move along.

12. skorol75

skorol75 New Member

Yes, but these things isn't the truth. That's not how he feels. Finally we have an athlete willing to actually say what's on everyone's mind, which is a breath of fresh air in the midst of standard BS everyone else is saying, and people are blasting him for it. Including the fans of the team. Pathetic.

13. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

From reading about him in the past, it's pretty clear he & Favre just have different personalities, and are never gonna be buddy-buddies. There was an article in the Times about a month ago about how Favre is always pumped up and screaming to the team, or dancing to hip hop music during practices, and how he's doing rap music videos, etc. Favre ... well, he's farting for "comic effect" and doing Sensodyne commercials ...

14. HughC

HughC New Member

Maybe his contract included a big bonus if the team made the playoffs, and he's pissed now because he already spent that money a month ago.

15. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Tannenbaum and Woody must have had a little talk with him after the Hot97 interview.

16. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Yes. Just who WASN'T pissed off when Favre threw that last interception?

The only thing that let me get over it was that we were already out & it didn't matter any more, otherwise it would have been horrible.

17. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I just heard what was on his mind and he sounded like a pampered millionaire jackass. Its not up to TJ to decide when a player should be benched. Its not up to TJ to go out on hot 97 and start trashing his teammates. That is not TJ's role in the organization. TJ's job is to run the football and score TDs - something he did a poor job of against Seattle and Miami. So instead of blaming others TJ should STFU and show some leadership. You win as a team and you lose as a Team.

Also he is clueless on how to deal with the media and he shows it every time he opens his mouth - he looks like a fool. Dana Jacobson just made him look like an idiot.

18. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

THIS ISNT 90210... Lets not act like queers. Brett threw INTs and it pissed Jones off. Brett played hurt and he was selfish and hurt the team. Whats wrong with what he said?? BRETT SUCKED. The man didnt avoid the question he man'ed up and spoke.

19. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

O yea TJ just led afc in rushing and broke Jets td record/

20. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Go watch the ESPN interview and if you can't tell that he sounds like an idiot, wait until the interview is played about 500 times and commented on all over the place.

BTW - TJ Sucked against Miami too - would you like to have Alan Faneca come out and say TJ should have been benched and Leon should be the featured back? No. Because that is not how professional sports organizations operate. Calling each other out in the media is bad sportsmanship, sets a bad example for kids and leads to dysfunctionality and hurts the team. Just look at the crap T.O. creates with the same type of BS.