Favre/Cowher

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Justwinit, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Wishful thinking.

GET MIKE SHANAHAN!!!!!

2. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

Rodgers' problem, much like Favre's, is that he is unable to play defense.

Green Bay's D was atrocious this year, and there is plenty of blame to spread around on the Jets' behalf as well.

3. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Exactly ^^^^^^^^

4. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

If Turner gets fired then the SD job is the one all the unemployed coaches are going to want. Shanny won't commit to anyone until he's sure he can't get the SD job. Its a better job, a better place to live in and he gets to beat Oakland twice a year. If Cowher really wants to coach this year don't expect him to prefer the NYJ job to SD. Wait until things shake out before you call your doctor and tell him to up your meds. Lets actually see who we get as a coach before we burn BF at the stake. And who knows if Cowher even wants to coach. And remember, Cowher left PIT in the first place because his wife is a Southerner who hated living in the North. Not like we ever had a great chance anyway.

5. Bosko

Bosko Guest

I think you're all missing the point.

Signals were sent to Cowher that he could do whatever he wanted to with the Jets, so I donot think Cowher's choice has anything to do with Mr Favre. I am sure that Woody Johnson would have agreed to fire Favre if Cowher would agree to accept his millions. I am sure that Tannenbaum would have agreed to whatever Cowher wanted.

I don't think that Cowher feels comfortable with the "ownership situation" (i.e. a guy who orders his team to hire Brett Favre and demands that they overspend on free agents) and I don't think he likes the makeup of the team (overpriced and aging free agents, over-the-hill QB, bad chemistry). The Jets are a mess. And worst of all they have a Buttinsky for an owner.

Mike Francesca made a great point the other day. He compared the Detroit Lions job to the other job openings for coaches. "In Detroit," he said (something like this), "If you went 4-12, you'd be a hero, if you got to 6-12 they'd probably throw a parade and if you went 9-7 you'd be coach for life! Plus, you have two 1st round draft choices--including the number one pick overall. And the owner will leave you alone--look how he handled the GM and coach for the last few years!"

Compare that to the Jets, who have an unsettled QB situation, the #17 slot in the draft, a lot of needs, an owner who's "very involved in all decisions," and a ton of pressure because of the new stadium situation--and don't forget the impatient fan base...

In NY, you have nothing to win and in Detroit you have nothing to lose...

Which job would you choose, if you were a great NFL coach?

6. Boogieman

Boogieman New Member

7. Bosko

Bosko Guest

8. gillyman

gillyman New Member

Favre is the best of all our options right now. I don't see Clemens coming in and challenging him. If he comes back, I am sure he will be 100x better than he was this year.

9. NYJ4LF

NYJ4LF Member

It seems like the Jets are really warming up to the idea of Mike Shanahan according to a NY Daily News article that I read. He truly is a seasoned coach that could bring good things our way. Nothing is ever certain, but I do not believe that he would hinder us.

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I would hate looking at him or listening to him but it would be great to watch the team playing on Sundays.