Favres a jet!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mean Green, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

No. It makes me feel worse because it was all so unnecessary.

2. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

I went through most of this thread and you and I were the only two I could find that were against this from the start. Sometimes it hurts to be right.

3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Seems like you're going out of your way to prove that you were right...congrats dude good work!

4. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Half right he thinks Pennington running a spread O with empty backfields would have taken this team to 11 and 5.

5. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

How many games did we win with Chad as QB in 2007?

6. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

so how long will the people that didn't want favre rub it in everyones face? the rest of the offseason? until pennington retires? how long will i have to see this everyday i log onto tgg?

7. Ralphw

Ralphw New Member

People need to let the Chad love affair go away

8. Ralphw

Ralphw New Member

Hes the enemy now

9. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

Bingo.
    Our run with Chad was over.
    We rolled the dice on Favre and lost....at least we tried.
    The Jets are still without a "quarterback of the future", with or without Chad Pennington.

10. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

Peyton Manning couldn't win with the offensive line the Jets had last year. There's a reason the Jets spent a zillion dollars signing Faneca and Woody.

11. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

the fins won't go any farther in the playoffs with chad than we did.

he has too many limitations. great person, would make a great coach, but won't get the ring.

12. MudBowl Survivor

MudBowl Survivor New Member

Abdul Salam,
    You ask how many wins the Jets had with PEnnington in 2007....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA : that O-line would have gotten Godzilla killed. This season with Keller, a much better, all pro line, and jones healthy, Chad would have done fine. And seeing what he did in miami, ovbiously he would have outdone Favre. LIke i have said, Karma is a bitch with this move, and Favre is deteriorating this organization from the inside out.

13. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

We still allowed 30 sacks, 11th from the bottom of the league. Not exactly a huge improvement. I'd say our offensive line played below expectations, and Chad has a slower release.

What's the point of patting yourself on the back for wanting Chad to stay? Let's go back to the game threads when Chad was here, especially the losses, and see who said what. Typical Jets fans.

14. Joe Willie White Shoes

I would have understood if the team traded Pennington in the offseason and gone with Clemens or Ratliff. I wanted no part of Favre no matter if Pennington was here or not.

Having said that, with the improvements the Jets made in the offseason, I think that most NFL QBs could have won 11 games with this team by just avoiding turnovers. Favre was the difference in the Pats game, but there was no excuse for losing to Oakland, SF, Denver, Seattle and Miami. And his horrendous start early in the SD game cost us that one also.

15. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Congratulations, you didnt want Favre and it turned out badly for us so far. Do you want a cookie? All you do is complain about Favre. The dead horse has been beat to death already. Let it go...

16. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Joe I respect your position. But this team was not headed in the right direction w/Chad. 4-12 speaks for itself. The team made improvements that we all endorsed. Then Brett became avialable and we made a choice to ask Brett to join the Jets family. I think it was the right decision. Chad had to go to make that move. The move worked out well for Chad and it worked out well for the Jets.

The Jets sucked in December. Farvre sucked in December. But the team won 5 more games in 2008 than they won in 2007. Its very easy to then come back and say I told you so. But I would rather have an owner & FO who is willing to spend $ to make moves to try and improve the team than stick with something that obviously didn't work. I fully expect Tannenbaum to continue to improve the Jets in 2009. we went from 4-12 to 9-7. Hopefully we will continue to improve in 2009.

17. Joe Willie White Shoes

I hope you are right. It was more than Pennington that led to 4-12 season and the team improved to 9-7 in spite of Favre. Yes the team was improved and I hope the team continues that trend, but there is still a huge hole at QB and Favre is not the answer . It's time for the Jets to count their losses and turn that page. Throwing money around isn't always the answer. The answer at QB could be on the roster, but we have to wait another year to find out (provided Favre does not come back and provided the Jets don't waste another year with someone else's trash, like Garcia).

18. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

I can't read he first page, because all those people who hailed him are now syaing there was never a time they liked him.
    So many hippocrits.

19. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

The horse may yet be alive to kick our asses next year. Woodhead wants him back.

20. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

4th on that list. Yep. Page 6, I knew this woulda sucked hardcore :(

Oddly enough, I think if Favre stays with the same offense for next year, hed have a good(Not 07 esque) year for the Jets. Who knows though....