Favres a jet!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mean Green, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

I hate you guys.....

2. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

Bwahahahaha.....

3. Tight

Tight Active Member

Yes sure they were jets fans before any of this....

4. Tight

Tight Active Member

O and I cant wait to play with them in Madden !!!!

5. LilyNJ

LilyNJ New Member

Tomorrow's Training Camp

Anyone going? I have an extra VIP ticket.

:beer:

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Hey to all the Packers fans!

Fwiw I used to have the Raiders be my second favorite team, but that started going down the toilet in the late nineties. I briefly liked Gruden in there, but that was a false hope. Gannon really killed it for me - that clown wearing Stabler's number was never a real Raider. It showed me the team had become a travesty, which is now clear to everyone.

Meanwhile, never having been a Packer fan, I started following the team when I started following Favre who has been my favorite player not on the Jets for some time now. I got a big kick out of your most recent SB win.

It's always been a greatly respected franchise. Someday I would love to go to a game in Lambeau, doing the whole local thing there. I'd just prefer the game time temp not be below 15 degrees, though. Heh.

But now your franchise has made a questionable move. As Jet fans we know how that feels!

Thanks for the nice things you've all said here.

7. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

When you now realize that Favre cost the Jets a playoff berth, lost the division to the Pennington-led Fish, led to the firing of the HC, and now cost the Jets a chance to land Cowher (it is clear he did not want to come here because of Favre) those who opposed this trade were right. Favre has single-handedly ruined this franchise for the forseeable future.

8. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

Completely disagree.

Loved the trade then, wouldn't go back and change it if I could. It was a gamble worth taking as going into the season with Pennington or Clemens would have signaled the end of the season before it started.

(not sure how it is "clear [Cowher] did not want to come here because of Favre")

9. Joe Willie White Shoes

Bumped to show who was for the trade and who was against it AT THE TIME.

10. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Let the record show. Figures this post would come from someone from Syracuse. You can't spell suck without SU!

11. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

I feel DUMB for being excited for Favre:sad:

12. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

This is really fucking sad to read. All that excitement, pissed down the drain.

Unfortunately, I was right when I said Favre was a mistake. I got blasted endlessly for that one.

He started poorly, had a great midseason, and tanked at the end horribly.

13. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Why? I was for it, remain for it and do not regret it one iota. Your efforts at point scoring are more than a little pathetic.

14. warpedsoul

warpedsoul Active Member

I agree that Favre was a mistake, but who is to say we would have even been as good as we were with Chad for Kellen? I honestly believe that if we did not release Chad, then we would still be going back and forth with CP and KC, thus neither one of them having a good season, especially the one that Chad just had. Chad, IMO, needed a fresh start, with a new team, and a new offense. You guys may have been pissed now, but if it were different, you would still probably end up saying Chad is over the hill.

15. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

A blast from the past thread. You might as well bring up the thread when we all became NYJETS fans too. I know the internet wasnt around when I pledged.

16. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I've never understood why that is so necessary. I do understand some individuals like to see who "was right" and who "was wrong," I've just never understood why they value looking at that.

People make decisions in life in real time. No one is clairvoyant. You make your best choices in the environment you're in, given everything available at the time. I for one very rarely look back. I make my decisions and feel pretty good in my own skin. Looking back ius a wast of time. We coulda, woulda and shoulda done a lot of things, Flacco included, but no sense getting worked up over it.

17. Pennythetowelboy

Pennythetowelboy New Member

At the time....this was the right move. Now that it turned out that it was a bad move everyone is freaking out saying we never should have took the chance.

Fair Weather Pussies. thats all i have to say.

18. Joe Willie White Shoes

Late night last night? You missed the entire point. At the time it was the wrong move and now it is a disaster! How can you defend it being the right move when you yourself admit it was a bad move. And we have a right to freak out when you look at the results of that trade now - coaches turning the Jets down to avoid Favre, a divided locker room - it's a mess all because of that move. Your saying it was right move at the time is like saying it was a good move at the time to set my house on fire or drive my car off that cliff.

As for your fair weather comment - the point of resurrecting the thread was to show that some of us predicted that the Favre trade was a horrible move and we were raked over the coals for it. Opposing the trade when it happened is not being a fair weather fan - that would be reserved for those who were for it then and now say it was wrong.

As for those of you who still defend it, the only words that come to mind for me is stubbornly stupid.

19. Joe Willie White Shoes

So it's ok for others to score points by criticising those of us who criticized the trade or who saw no need to change QBs, but not ok for us to defend ourselves??? To remain for this move while the team falls apart because of it is absurd.

20. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Congrats...does that make you feel less disappointed about the way the season turned out?