Madden curse?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by danaaprildarren, Dec 31, 2008.

1. danaaprildarren

Without a doubt Favre has inflicted the Madden curse in full on the Jets.

#1 danaaprildarren, Dec 31, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  2. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Yeah, it's a video game's fault that Favre is an asshole.

3. 12 > 4

12 > 4 New Member

How about he's a worn out old man that can't produce over the course of a full season anymore? Look at the last five games of the past several years:

2008: 2 touchdowns, 9 interceptions, 54.90 passer rating
    2007: 6 touchdowns, 7 interceptions, 73.33 passer rating
    2006: 4 touchdowns, 8 interceptions, 61.22 passer rating
    2005: 1 touchdown, 10 interceptions, 54.40 passer rating

For a grand total of 13 touchdowns, 34 interceptions, and a stellar 59.92 passer rating in those 20 games.

It's blatantly obvious that he wears down, yet a lot of Packers fans were furious when he was let go in favor of Rodgers(who had 11 touchdowns, 4 interceptions, and a 110.46 passer rating over the last five games this year).

His shoulder "issue" was a poor attempt at an excuse when you realize that this has happened four years in a row now. What do you thinks going to happen next December if he plays again? No wonder Cowher wanted nothing to do with this guy.

#3 12 > 4, Dec 31, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  4. Phear

Phear New Member

lol, no but it's your own fault that you're an idiot.

5. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Fans are obsessed with curses. I love it.

6. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

What? Logic and statistical analysis on this board? No, no, no, there's nothing right about this situation at all.

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

The Madden curse trumps all logic, it conquers all...... In this case it not only injures the player, but the whole franchise*

*I don't even play video games.

8. Kaiser

Kaiser Member

I believe a lot of the reason that Favre succeeded in Green Bay, as well as the reason that so many fans were upset is the fact that even though Favre over the past few seasons has had poor performances the last 5 games, he does a good job at setting them up for the Playoffs throughout the season, to the point where it's alright if they lose 3 of the last 5.

You can argue that Rodgers has a stellar performance in his last 5 games, but it means nothing if you don't set your team up during the season. I think Rodgers has shown that he's inconsistant as well, even though it may not be interception wise, there are simply some games where he doesn't perform. He needs to do a better job at being good in the beginning of the season as well. It's hard to argue against this when Favre was 13-3 with GB the previous season, and now GB is sitting at the bottom of the division with the Lions at 6-10.

9. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

Madden didn't curse Favre... the New York Jets did.

10. CatoTheElder

It's not that difficult when you realize that it wasn't just Favre helping them out last year. It was also defensive play which was 11th overall (12th against the pass and 14th against the run) last year but fell to 20th overall this year maintaining the 12th ranking against the pass but falling to 26th against the run this year.

Favre's play during the beginning of the year certainly helped but there are other components to the game than just the QB play.

11. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

:rofl::rofl:

12. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

I've seen way too many Favre made the Jets bad posts (who he actually improved)

But this is the first time I see a the jets made Favre bad post.

13. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

Ever thought for a moment it wasn't the teams good and Favre bad? The Packers had a good team, but Favre lead them great.

14. CatoTheElder

First, learn how to write in English. Second, read it. I never said that Favre wasn't an important part of the Packers success last year, just that he wasn't the only part of the Packers success last year. Seeing as though he didn't play defense, I don't think him leaving was the only part of their decline this season.