Chad Wins Comeback Player of the Year

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Namath2Kolber, Dec 31, 2008.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

You gotta be kidding me!

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

There were reports early this season that he was playing with torn ligaments in his ankle or leg last year. What a scumbag for playing with an injury that negatively affected the team ...

3. Cinvis

Cinvis New Member

Actually he had two torn ligaments in his ankle that required surgery after the season. Maybe they were tendons... i dont remember

4. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

There were reports that Brett Favre retired 3 times, what a scumbag for doing it the last 5 weeks of our season!!!

5. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

yes he did he had surgery on his ankle I think after the season

6. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

The jets saved his career by benching him, keeping him from having to play behind that pathetic offensive line and having his surgically repaired shoulder torn off and shoved up his ass.

Let's face it, bad coaching, gameplanning and personnel decisions made Chad look like an inferior QB.

7. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

who also "retired" from our defense also?

8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The Dolphins were on the cusp of starting he season with Josh McClown or a first season starter....until the Jets signed BF.

Chad ended this season as he started it - as the most accurate passer in the NFL.

His 67.4% completion percentage in 2008 was good enough for 1st place in the NFL ahead of 2nd place Kurt Warner.

Chad also finished 2nd behind Philip Rivers in QB rating at 97.4 and 2nd (also behind Rivers) in TD to INT ratio at 19 to 7 or 2.71.

He also tied for 3rd (with Peyton Manning) in 1st down % at 37.8 finishing behind Rivers and Matt Schaub.

Chad was top 12 in every category including: 4th fewest INTs at 7 - 6th in avg. yards per attempt at 7.7 - 9th in total yards at 3653 - 11th in yards per game at 228.3 - 12th in TDs at 19.

Of the 9 QB categories mentioned Chad was ahead of Peyton Manning (who seems to be the frontrunner for league MVP) in 5 of them, they are tied in one, and Peyton leads Chad in the last 3 (#TDs, Total yards, Yards per game). Peyton also had 555 attempts to Chads 476 which explains why his 3 totals are better when his averages per attempt, %, and QB ratings are not as good as Chad).

Like Mannng, Chad lead his team masterfully down the stretch winning 9 out of their final 10 games.

Chad had a better running game but worse WR and pass blocking (Manning was only sacked 15 times all year!).

Include the fact that Indys record did not improve (worse then last season) from last year while Miami went from 1-15 to 11-5 (biggest change in history) and you get a pretty solid argument that Chad was more valuable to his team than Peyton was to the Colts.

9. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

10. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

What the fuck is this doing in the NYJ Forum?!!

For the 1,000,000,000,000th time, he is NOT a Jet. Neither is Mayo. You guys are like stalker ex-girlfriends with this guy.

This is for you:

[​IMG]

11. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

How many times was Chad sacked all year?

12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I got the stat page closed but I think it was 21.

13. Mr. Papagiorgio

I don't think players should get a reward just because they sucked the previous year. I'd give it to Kerry Collins considering he hasn't done anything since he took the Giants to the Super Bowl and had been a backup for a long time. It is interesting that Ronnie Brown and Joey Porter both received votes.

14. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

I agree, Pennington was the leader of the biggest one season turnaround in NFL history on a team he's never played for! Peyton took a playoff team to the plyoffs, the same team he's taken to the playoffs the last 6 or 7 years why does that constitute an MVP season?

15. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I agree. They gave CP this award to make up for the PB snub. That still does not make it right. I would have said COllins also.

16. Cinvis

Cinvis New Member

Keep in mind Most of Mannings were in the first 5-6 games. Manning looked like a JV QB during that time

17. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

[​IMG]Now all Chad has to do is win an MVP award for the deal to be complete![​IMG]

18. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

Pennington isn't even the best player on his own team (Joey Porter)

Manning's team has a better record and Manning is carrying that team on back, Miami is a run first team.

I'd give it to Philip Rivers before Pennington.

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Ah yes, another Pennington thread which will spawn 25 more Pennington threads which each will spawn 50 more.

20. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Good for him. He deserves it (again)