We Should Change Less

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jigglebilly, Dec 31, 2008.

1. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

We had major problems at the end of the season, but if we begin to play next season as we played at the beginning of this season, then we can get going. As long as our players improve in the slightest, we can get better. And now that Mangini gone, we at least need a coach that is as good. But if you think about it, if we change only what we need to change to keep the team afloat, we can get better hopefully.

We were very close to the playoffs this season, and the only improvement from very close to the playoffs is the playoffs, so why take the risk to try and change everything now?

2. NYJets4EverOnTop

Rosters on average look 30% different year to year. There's a good chance many of our players don't return, especially for cap reasons. Have to wait and see what I team looks like before talking about expectations for next eyar.

3. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

Yes, but some teams do major revamps of their teams, I'm saying we shouldn't do that.

4. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree, but I don't see myself crying over the likes of Bryan Thomas, David Barrett, Kenyon Coleman (imo if we switch back to the 4-3), Baker and Ty Law.

5. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

There will not be much turnover in our roster next year. we don't have much cap space and we ahve very few free agents.

6. peachfish

peachfish New Member

because if you don't innovate you die