Cowher turned down Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jtrain, Dec 30, 2008.

1. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

Wow! I just found out where Cowher's going!

[​IMG]

Walmart!

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

How do we go from Cowher willing to listen to Cowher has no interest in a few hours? i don't think this thing is over yet.

3. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Yep, that is pretty much how it went down.

This team is going down fast; not up. I am getting tired of seeing this over and over and over and over again.

4. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I did read that Favre has already moved out of the house he was renting in NJ and went back to Mississippi, which I guess, means absolutely nothing.

5. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Is there any chance Cowher read one of these game threads and lost interest?

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Obviously, the Jets said something to piss him off. There was mention he would be speaking to Johnson last night. I'm sure Johnson wants another dickhead like Mangini or Edwards who he can manipulate. No respectible coach would want this job with Johnson or Tannenbaum still here so I guess we can get used to the status quo.

#66 Don, Dec 31, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  7. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

Well obviously Cower would require a restructuring of the FO and I'm pretty sure a Jets source said that they would restructure or at least have Tannenbaum share personnel decisions with Cower if thats what would have to happen in order to have him come to the Jets.

8. bpjets

bpjets New Member

Watch him go to Detroit...we haven't been laughed at enough this season

9. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

The New York Post reports that Cowher was turned off by Favre.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...re?eref=fromSI

Bill Cowher informed the team last night he is not interested in their head-coaching job, and it could be because he doesn't want to coach Brett Favre. The former Steeler coach was the clear-cut favorite to replace Eric Mangini among Jets fans, and the team's ownership. Now, Woody Johnson must move on to Plan B. Talks between the Jets and Cowher never advanced past the preliminary stage. Sources close to Cowher said he did not want to have Favre as his quarterback, and that he also wanted to bring in people he was familiar with to handle personnel. A source familiar with Cowher's thinking said before last night's decision came down that the former Steeler boss would have to receive assurances from the Jets that the 39-year-old Favre no longer was in the picture before agreeing to take control.

New York Post

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I guess that says it all. So Johnson decided that MAYBE one more year of Favre (He hasn't even said whether he is coming back) is better than 5 or more years of Cowher...brilliant Woody you fuckin tool.

11. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

I hope Woody is not this stupid. Favre might not even play next year... if this is what was preventing Cowher from coming to the Jets, then Favre should've been shown the door.

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

HA! :grin:

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It would be the Jets luck to lose out on Cowher because he didn't want to coach Bret Farve and then have Farve retire..

Why am I not surprised that this entire ordeal became one big clusterfck.

14. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Because as a long time Jets fan I'm sure you've seen A LOT worse. Heh.

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Sadly, its true. Starting with the runaway note from Belichek, running straight thru Groh's defection back to college ball, making a quick stop at Hermville as he backdoored his way outta gotham, right on up until now. But you know what's really sent me over the edge Tom? This franchise doesn't know how to switch gears. When Plan A stalls, there's NEVER a viable Plan B. and I really don't think they've anticipated Cowher saying no.

38 years of being a fckn sideshow Tom. Incredible..

16. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Is there any reason why this thread shouldn't be merged with the official "Cowher News Thread?" I was going to start this same thread title myself early this morning, but then realized the other one had been merged for a reason and posted there.

Just a suggestion....

17. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

You're absolutely right about not being able to change gears. We all complain about our team not adjusting at the half or to conditions on the ground, but it seems to always be rooted by the FO's inability to plan ahead.

It really does suck, but hope is the only thing we have right now.

18. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Do you blame him.

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Another reason to hate Favre

There will be no Cowher Power for the Jets. Bill Cowher informed the team last night he is not interested in their head-coaching job, and it could be because he doesn't want to coach Brett Favre. The former Steeler coach was the clear-cut favorite to replace Eric Mangini among Jets fans, and the team's ownership. Now, Woody Johnson must move on to Plan B. Talks between the Jets and Cowher never advanced past the preliminary stage. Sources close to Cowher said he did not want to have Favre as his quarterback, and that he also wanted to bring in people he was familiar with to handle personnel. A source familiar with Cowher's thinking said before last night's decision came down that the former Steeler boss would have to receive assurances from the Jets that the 39-year-old Favre no longer was in the picture before agreeing to take control.

20. babyknight

babyknight Well-Known Member

not in the slightest.