Cowher turned down Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jtrain, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

They probably told him you have to take Favre if he comes back and he told them to go suck an egg!!!

2. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

Firing Mangini might not turn out too well :sad:

3. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

4. jjc92787

jjc92787 New Member

This is disappointing news, but I think getting Cowher was wishful thinking.

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The Denver job is a good one because it is a good franchise and has good facilities.

The Detroit job could be good, too. The owner would leave Cowher alone. Cowher would have ample time to turn around the team. There is nowhere to go but up. Furthermore, Moron Millen is gone.

The Jets are a mess. Coaching the Jets is a very difficult task. It's a proven fact.

6. Gunther

Gunther Member

Tell me what coach would play for a franchise that has shown no consistency and goes after a 39 year old QB? There was a reason the Packers moved on.

7. allan1

allan1 Active Member

I see a franchise that wants to win and needs a competent head coach

8. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

God darnit stupid ass hole.

I can't blame him though. Why would anyone want to come to this crap ass team.

9. Gunther

Gunther Member

Why would a competent coach take that chance. What are the assurances?

10. luvdemjets1998

luvdemjets1998 New Member

Dammit! What a freakin' day this has been. And we still end up empty handed. But we're used to that, huh.

11. ToddisGod

ToddisGod Banned

this drama is not over, when someone says they will do whatever it takes
    its probably in your best interest too play coy.

12. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

No surprise here, I said he did not want no part of this debacle!

13. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

Hire Spags now, please. Hire him before Marty gets hired.

14. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Thank goodness, the amount of time spent on this pipedream could have better been utilized on other, more worthwhile activities. It's like people looked for the exhilaration some of the more gullible folks got from the Favre signing.

No sane, established coach would want to come here and deal with the Favre drama. The Jets will go with a coordinator with this pick- I feel like they're foolishly trying to find a coach that will work within the existing hierarchy and be acceptable to the 39 year old NFL interception leader.

Get me Spags

#34 Gubernaculum, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  15. ghostridergo

ghostridergo New Member

Who cares about about Cowher. The dude only won 1 superbowl in 15 years with the team. I dont think jets fans are that patient especially since they fired mangini in 3 seasons 2 of them were winning seasons. I say go for Shanny went 8-8 (12 winning seasons in 16 seasons and 13 playoff appearances), Spags (rookie), or Marty's last season was 14 - 2 (18 winning seasons in 21 seasons and 18 playoff appearances).

#35 ghostridergo, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  16. JetsLookingforDWare

My new favorite coaching candidates:

1. Jim Schwartz - Flavor of the week or not for me...I like how he thinks. Alot. He seems like the kind of guy who would tune the jackasses in the media out. If he can sell himself to Woody, and then win quickly...well he won't get fucked like Mangini.

2. Mike Nolan - Been a fan for years. Classy guy with something the Jets ...pride, dignity, and self respect. Very good 3-4 mind. Might be better as a DC, but I think he can make it in NY, and I think he can actually get New Yorkers to like him. Make him my #1, and bump Schwartz down to 2 now that I think about it. That Smith pick killed him in San Fran. Luckily, here he'd have it all set up to draft a franchise QB.

3. Mike Shanahan - Great offensive mind who works well with QBs. Another one of my favorite NFL coaches.

17. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

It starts with having a competent owner. Woody is a problem.

18. JetsLookingforDWare

What can we do, fire him?

Best we can hope for is that Woody hires a smart guy and lets him actually build the team. Mangini probably would have been that guy, but he happened to not blow everyone away at the wrong time in Jets history (new stadium time).

19. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

Well I wrote a letter to Cowher saying how his daughter was screwing half the Princeton campus and that he better get over here and save what virtue she has left, that did not work.

But don't worry I found out she is a religion major so if we don't get Shanahan I will write another letter saying she is cutting off chicken heads, reading bones and praying to a homeless man.

That will definitely get him here!!!

20. KiLLaH87

KiLLaH87 New Member

cowher is just saying no because it'd be kinda weird for him going to work in the cbs football show while everyone knew he was going to be the jets coach. he is waiting for the superbowl to be over and then he will announce his acceptance as head coach. or at least thats what i hope.