Mike Shanahan as HC?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by APK 8, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Agree completely. Shanahan has build a hell of running game in denever that was undone by losing 4 runners to injury this year. I would not mind him if Cower is out of the picture.

2. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

He also outcoached the hell out of Mangini this season.

3. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

His family issues would make New York more appealing.

4. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

We have three terrific coaches with experience on the market: Cowher, Schotty, and Shanahan. If it's not one of those three I'm going to be VERY disappointed at Woody.

5. Kramer

Kramer Member

From Bob Glauber

6. 4transplant4

4transplant4 New Member

It would be entertaining to see Jets players laying all over the field faking injuries in order to save timeouts. I can't stand that guy!

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I'm with you..that is the one dirtbag that could actually make me stop watching.

8. Salz

Salz New Member

I don't get how Cowher has such a sterling reputation with you guys but Shanahan doesn't. They have similar records and Shanahan has one more Super Bowl ring. Shanahan hasn't won a Super Bowl since Elway? Great argument, sure, but not against Cowher. Cowher didn't win a Super Bowl until he had Roethlisberger.

9. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

so hiring the best available(if he wants to coach this year) coach with two superbowl rings would make you stop watching the Jets?

10. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Wow. SO he can teach our players to fake injuries too?

11. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Ben was a 2nd year pro that year and was far from the key player on the team.

12. JetGreen

JetGreen New Member

Shanahan has been with the Broncos for so long and with the poor finish this year as well as tragic events in the past with Damien Nash and Darrent Williams, Shanahan could look to take a break from coaching. I think that'd be pretty appealing for him to sit back and relax before going back.

Remember Cowher and Shotty Sr. have been out of coaching for a while and want to come back. Shanahan just got fired and I feel he would be better off taking a break before coming back. He'll certainly run the ball more if he came here, though.

13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I think it's because Shanahan has made it a habit of kicking our asses. He is a hard ass and that's what this team needs. A guy who is going to kick the shit out of them. He's a douchebag no doubt but he is a hell of a coach and nobody can deny that. Like I said I'd like Cowher but if Shanahan was the guy we hired I'd start pissing in my pants and start whistling dixie.

14. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Are you guys honestly against Shanahan just because he embarassed us in the regular season? As long as he's doing it for us I have no problem with having a dirtbag coach.

15. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

I would have agreed with you a couple weeks ago, but after the epic collapse I just watched, I want to win... PERIOD.

16. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Shanahan > Cowher

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Ours or Denver's? Theirs was much worse than ours.

18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

the irony is fans hate him first and foremost because of his success (if he was a bad coach nobody would care about his antics), and now that he is available because they hate him they attempt to diminish that success to justify not wanting him. the fact that you hate him is why you should want him.

19. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I'd say Cowher is more consistant. But they're two totally different types of coaches, as one is a defensive minded one and the other is offensive. Either way, they're both winners.

20. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

We have FAR more talent than them. We lost to 3 out of 4 teams in their division, including them. We went from 8-3, ranked as one of the top teams in the league, to 9-7. They were ranked middle of the pack, and had tons of injuries.

What were our key injuries?

The Jets 2008 collapse was the worst I have seen by any team in years. Maybe even going back to the same crap we pulled years and years ago. Please.