***Bill Cowher --- News Thread***

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MBGreen, Dec 30, 2008.

1. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

Francessa on WFAN...sorry.

2. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

it's a been a day

3. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

Jane McManus reporting:

4. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

no problem thanks.

5. Irv

Irv Member

That would be Fatcessa.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

We are getting Cowher.

7. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Cowher + Ratliff + Housh + Haynsworth = Superbowl

8. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

I fully understand Cowhers request (if its true ) to bring in his own personnel guy. He should be able to pick the guys he wants to coach and I would give him that freedom as long as he gives us at least a 5yr+ commitment. Tanny could still retain his position and just relinquish control over personnel. He still would be the top man in charge of managing daily operations and what he is best at - contracts. Then, all game day plans, playcalling, and players on the field either fall or rise with the head coach. I think its a win-win for both Tanny and Cowher. Looking at Cowhers resume, he would be one coach I would extend that option to.

9. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

ESPN Article: Jets willing to restructure to get Cowher

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3799959

The door to the New York Jets' opening might not be closed for Bill Cowher just yet after all.

A high-ranking Jets official told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen that the team is still planning to speak to Cowher about its vacant head coaching job. No time or place for the interview has been set, but the official says the Jets would be willing to do "whatever is necessary" to land Cowher if he is truly interested in taking the job.

Cowher plans to speak publicly for the first time about the Jets' opening and other coaching opportunities during CBS' wild-card pregame show on Sunday, a source told 1050 ESPN New York's Andrew Marchand.

Initially, ESPN.com's John Clayton reported Cowher told the Jets he was not interested because he wanted his own personnel person. The Jets official's response indicates the team is willing to let Cowher replace current general manager Mike Tannenbaum with his own candidate.

A Jets source also said Tannenbaum says he's willing to adjust his position to accommodate Cowher.

Cowher has told friends the Jets job interested him for several reasons. First, Cowher would love to coach in the New York market. Second, two of his daughters are either going to school or working in the New York-New Jersey area.

If Cowher doesn't take an open NFL head coaching job this offseason, he does plan to coach in 2010, sources told Clayton. In 2009, though, he is willing to return only if every situation is right for him. He wanted to have a two-year break from coaching to be with family and recharge.

Last weekend, Cowher met with Browns owner Randy Lerner, who asked him what it would take financially for him to be the Browns' head coach. Having a close relationship with the Rooney family in Pittsburgh and still wanting more time with family, Cowher didn't give Lerner a price, and said no.

Cowher recently extended his contract with CBS for another season.

10. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

junc..if I said I completely agree with you...shocked? jk.

I do agree...the handwriting is on the wall. Cowher comes in and is able to make personel decisons...MT stays on board to handle the cap and all the paper bs.

This is more of the Patriots handbook...BB makes personel decisons. Its going to be a carbon copy.

Cowher will be the next HC.

11. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

finally some sanity

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know. No need for a new thread, but GOOD TIMES.

13. bpjets

bpjets New Member

Are we getting smart????? WOW I can't beleive it

14. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

And I would like to add...this isnt a broken down roster ala the Browns Lions. This roster..with all of its flaws...is a new coaches dream. A guy that loves veterans...with much upside. Cowher wants this more then the Jets might want him.

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

:rofl:Ratliff.

16. Salz

Salz New Member

It's a good roster because Tannenbaum assembled it.

17. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

This makes so much sense. How'd you like to be Mike Tannenbaum driving to work each day with sports radio reminding you how YOU were the sole reason the Jets hired the Flying Schottenheimers? Then, just to rub it in further, Jets fans would have to watch that stupid square jaw yacking about our team on CBS before and after every game. That's more pressure than one man can handle.

18. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

It sounds like it is up to Cowher, the Jets are willing to do anything to get him and the ball is in his court. Now we need to hope that Cowher is ready to get back into coaching.

Imagine we get Cowher and some high level Pitt execs to run the FO? Wow I'm excited.

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

From what I've heard, Cowher wants to bring in his personnel guys and that would possibly mean replacing Bradway as well as moving Tanny to a corner office along with other lesser personnel guys in the organization. If the Jets do agree to do a ReOrg, I can't think of a franchise that couldn't use it more. Perhaps a hybrid of Cowher and Tannenbaum just might produce something special.

20. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Thats why I try to wait on reports that come flying in this type of year. We have a ton of threads over reacting to news that is not even true. Crack a beer and enjoy the holidays. This thing is going to play out over a number of weeks.