"Parcells never won a SB without Belicheat"

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Yisman, Dec 29, 2008.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

well played sir.

2. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Yep! You finally figured it out. The Pats wouldn't have won the SB without Mangina as an assistant DB coach! :rofl:

As far as Belichik goes, as Harry Carson or LT if the Giants beat the Bills in the SB without Belichik's phenominal gameplan! Basically no defensive lineman... the Bills didn't know what to do.

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Look, we all understand this was a long time before you started following football, but it was the offensive game plan that won that game. That and Scott Norwide.

4. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Wise-ass I've been watching football since back when the Jets were good.

Yes, contolling the ball with long drives helped win that game, but it was the defensive scheme that kept the Bills from scoring!

The Giants used only one or two D linemen the whole game and shut down the Bills K-Gun offense that set offensive records.

BTW, it was also when BB started the practice of not having players announced one at a time pre-game. He had the Defense come out in a unit. So it really wasn't something the Patriots started.

5. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

All depends on your perspective I guess. In Guatemala, BB won without Mangini and went 19-0. And the Bills are 4 time Super Bowl Champions

6. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Since this is a thread where I'm throwing stats out there, I figured I'd throw out two more.

You can't spell and you don't know football.

He was the DB coach, and he obviously was good at what he did, considering how quickly he was promoted to defensive coordinator.

:lol:

7. Dierking

Okay, you just proved twice that you don't know what you're talking about. The pheniminal gameplan dickless came up with got routinely shredded if watched that game. The only thing that kept that from a blowout was the K-Gun offense was on the sideline drinking gatorade for 40-odd minutes.

8. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I spelled "Mangina" just the way I intended. And he was promoted after 4 seasons as DB coach to DC, where he led the Pats to their worst defensive ranking since 2000.

Belichik hired him as a gopher in 95 in Cleveland. He spent a year with the Ravens, then BB had him with the Jets as a defensive assistant/gopher from 97-99. Not really a meteoric rise, 9 years.

9. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Who is Belichik? Never heard of him.

You're immature when the best you can do is call Mangini names because you don't like him.

10. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

The Belichick without Mangini stat is obviously a joke, but the Belichick without Crennel and Weis one is no less valid than the Parcells without Belichick one.

The Giants won the SB over the Bills because of three things - the offense, the defense and Scott Norwood. Not counting a kneeldown at the end of the first half, the Bills had 10 drives; 6 of them ended in punts, 2 ended in FG attempts, and 2 ended in TDs. That's a much worse performance than people expected from that offense, and Belichick deserves some credit for that.

11. SeymourSacks

SeymourSacks New Member

Wow, a lot of bitter Jet's fans out tonight I guess. You miss the playoffs so you resort back to talking about spygate, lol.

Much of the success during that 3 SB run was due to Weis and Crennel, no doubt. You have to hire intelligent coordinators to win in this league and thats exactly what Belichick did.

Without Weis and Crennel, they've made it to the playoffs every year except this one and were in the SB last year and nearly had a perfect season.

Belichick then coaches this team that had 15 people on IR, including Tom Brady who is one of the best to ever play the game, led by a QB that hadn't started a game since high school to an 11-5 record and just barely miss the playoffs...

Belichick is arguably the best coach to ever come into the NFL. When I hear spygate I just hear bitterness and tears because they proved last year after the whole spygate thing was revealed that they were a good team and that the people trying to link their success as a franchise to a $100 sony camera were about as smart as a door knob.

12. SixFeetDeep

SixFeetDeep Red Hot Robbie Cano

And when then patriots miss the playoffs you resort to jerking off dudes in back alleys.

well i guess the playoffs really have no effect on your everyday life. nevermind.

13. SeymourSacks

SeymourSacks New Member

Hey I make good money doing that in those back alleys! A mans gotta eat!

14. Dierking

Okay, I didn't remember the game that well. He does deserve credit no doubt. I just remember any one of three improbable plays could have turned that game: Stephen Baker breaking three tackles on third and forever; Everson Walls making a shoestring tackle to save a sure touchdown; and Norwide. Very well coached game by the Giants all around, no doubt, but extremely lucky as well. Bills should have beat them.

15. peachfish

peachfish New Member

But if the HQ gets blamed for lousy coordinators certainly being a good enough leader to let a Weiss, a Bellichick or a Crennel do their thing earns you some points...

16. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

hahahaha win.

[​IMG]