Favre should stay

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by meanandgreen, Dec 29, 2008.

1. TheFakeSpike

TheFakeSpike New Member

whatever dude you go first. I still think he's a good player and not the reason the jets ended out of the playoffs. it was just Miami's time.

2. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

He played terrible down the stretch!!! 2 TD's and 9 picks in the last 5 weeks!!!

PUT THAT DOG TO SLEEP!!!

3. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

I've disliked him for so long that it's just nice to see the drama queen recieve some hate somewhere. I'm just caught in the moment, that's all.

4. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

I've made up my mind- I'm not watching this team next year if Favre or Kellen Clemens (poor man's Favre) is the QB of this team next year.

5. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

espn just said according to an insider close to farve that he will retire -- of course this is farve, but i tend to agree. With a coaching staff change and a banged up shoulder I think he is all done.

6. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Oh dear. And so it begins. . .

7. JetsLookingforDWare

Favre can fuck off.

I was only a minor fan of the move when it happened because it upgraded the talent at QB...but dude disappointed me, this franchise, and it's fans in so many ways. And we lost one of the better young HC's in the league because of it.

If he is back, he better be vintage Favre at 40. Otherwise, he's just another douchebag used by the Jets to make some paper while he stacks some paper of his own.

8. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

Favre is done, period. I hope we give Ratcliff a chance. We need to go young like all the great teams that won championships have in the past. I'm getting tired of these thirty-something year olds being signed up to lead us to the Super Bowl when everyone of them has failed. Boomer Esiason sucked. Neil O'Donnell was a waste of time. Vinny Testaverde was too inconsistent. And now Favre, who did more harm than good, seemed to quit on us in the end. My point is, we have to give the young players like Clemens or Ratcliff the opportunity to shine, and not just give up on them in one year like all the young quarterbacks of the past. Like I said, Favre should go, and I hope it's soon. At least this way the other players on this team can have their chance to earn their spot on the team that he "Favre" so obviousy did not deserve.

9. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:
    Seriously, where do you people come up with this shit?

10. dstewstar

dstewstar Member

If Favre does come back, will we be afraid to give him the hook if he starts chucking more INTs?

Why didn't we pull him during the Seattle game? Sometimes players have off days; why do you keep a guy in there if he is clearly costing you a critical game.

11. bundas699

bundas699 New Member

Ok I get why people think Farve should go but if he does go who will be the QB ??? ..WHO do we get??? The 2 QB's we had behind Farve today CAN NOT be the QB next year so I say again WHO DO WE GET?

From another thread sombody was good enough to list the free agents at QB

Kurt Warner, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
    Matt Cassel, UFA, New England Patriots (It has been announced they will franchise him so no Shot for the Jets)
    Jeff Garcia, UFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

#71 bundas699, Dec 29, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  12. bundas699

bundas699 New Member

So guess with all the responses no body has a "F"ing Clue who would be a viable option at QB then huh... well then I say we Keep Farve at least the games were exciting to watch the first half of the year since I didn't have high hopes...

13. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

+10000000

Thank you - exactly. Favre deserves to go as much, if not more, than Mangini deserved to go.

14. keypusher

keypusher Member

I think there are some broken sarcasm meters on this board.

15. keypusher

keypusher Member

Just give tryouts to the bagboys for whatever grocery chain Kurt Warner worked for. Or sign someone from the Arena League. I'm sure the CFL has some free agents. It's hard to do worse than 30 turnovers.

16. Fusion2006

Fusion2006 New Member

Actually working out all summer and preparing for hte year like he did in 2007 before his last season with the Packers will make a difference too.

But I think he's done.

Either way I'll be watching next year.

17. pimentel79

pimentel79 Member

I just purchased his jersey a few weeks ago. He has to come back, or else I want my money back.

18. GeorgeJETSon

GeorgeJETSon Member

I agree. I loved Chad Pennington, but I love Favre as well. Since Chad is gone, I'll be glad to have Favre another year. In the meantime, we can establish our #2 guy and get him ready for the following year. So far, Clemens didn't show much, so perhaps we give Ratliff a serious look.

19. pimentel79

pimentel79 Member

I'm with you.