Favre should stay

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by meanandgreen, Dec 29, 2008.

1. meanandgreen

meanandgreen New Member

He led us to big wins vs. Patriots and undefeated Titans. The guy can play. As the defense started sucking and the season was in jeopardy Favre started taking more risks to make things happen when the rest of the team couldn't - some INTs were bad but alot of them were tipped balls and bad jobs by the receivers.

I hope he comes back, he will excel in his 2nd year in a system with all of his experience. Plus we got alot more TV games and respect from the league!

2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I think you are confusing tabloid attention with "respect from the league".

3. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Favre should go away...far far away...and never come back.

4. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

I agree. A lot of his Ints came from dropped passes that were then caught by the other team or tipped. I would like to see him come back but I wouldn't let him throw as much as last year. That was Mangini's problem and we should have ran more.

5. rillo

rillo New Member

Well said...........

6. uberchink

uberchink New Member

if his poor play was due at least partly to his injured arm then i agree it would be great if he came back. also, if a good head coach came in who could coach the guy and an O.C. who could call some good plays then that just gives more reason for him to come back.

7. uberchink

uberchink New Member

Pennington threw up like 5 passes that should've been Intercepted yesterday. thankfully for him he's got scrub receivers who outplayed the "proven players" on the jets

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

If we had a coach like Cowher who would commit to the run game and revolve the offense around that, Favre would be fine, as he likely would have been this year. He's not coming back though.

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Member

I wouldn't mind if he came back. At the same time though, I would understand if he left. Out of the 3 QB's we have, he's obviously the most experienced. He's had play time under this Offensive System, although I don't think it matters because they'll be bringing in a new OC next year. This might give Favre an opportunity to express some of the things that he'd like to incorporate. I don't think it would hurt to have Ratliff learn some more of the nuances of the game from Favre. I'm not asking him to replicate his play style, or become an interception machine, just learn some of the game knowledge, how to pick up on defenses and what not.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Favre is going on 40 and now he's got an injured throwing arm... it's been injured since early in the season... and might be the same injury he got against the Cowboys last season and is just re-aggravating it. And now he'll have to learn YET ANOTHER new offense, after not really learning Schotty's very well. Not only don't I think he should come back, I don't think he'll want to. I was in favor of the trade, but it's not going to work now. We need to find an answer for the future, since the entire CS just got canned.

11. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

The horrible Jets secondary made him seem like an all-pro, when really they misplayed balls, didnt play the ball at all, and were their usual soft selves.

The Fins were the more aggressive defense, and that's how you make and create plays.

12. NYJ4LF

NYJ4LF Member

This team needs to get Leon Washington more involved in the offense! It has been proven that Thomas Jones can run just fine when he has an O-line in front of him. Washington is a quick little dude and he has helped us immensely when they have used him. I say Bring Favre back but build next season's team around the running game. With Favre back to pass with a new offensive scheme we could be dangerous if we have a full balanced accurate attack!

13. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I agree Favre should comeback... yes he did throw some dumb INT but that Favre and he done that his whole career.
    if something does show up in the MRI then again we should blame Mangini for not making sure he got a MRI.

14. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

If Favre comes back, I'm done

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Favre can't end his career like that. 2009 will be the year of the Favre.

16. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

YES ur right BUT give him a whole training camp to learn it then he will be better at it. He learned Schotty's offense on the fly.

17. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

PROMISE??????????????

18. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

Favre, at this point in his career, has the decision making capability that rivals Kyle Boller. Why the hell would ANYONE want him to stay?!?!

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

haha Kyle Boller reference.

20. rillo

rillo New Member

The ball washing for Favre is crazy.