This coaching staff must be fired tomorrow

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Tony, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Glad to know I have Woody's ear.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It saddens me to know they listen to the fans overreact about everything. That's one of the reasons we got Favre, it's one of the reasons Herm left and now it's one of the reasons they fired Mangini. They listen too much to the fans which is why we have a crappy organization. The Giant fans wanted Coughlin burned at the stakes 2 years ago, it would have been easy to fire him but they stuck w/ him. Good organizations don't change coaches every few years.

3. nyjunc

Everybody stunk the last month but if our QB played even decently we'd have won the division. Coaches look great when players are playing well and look bad when they don't. This board has a history of skeweing coaches whenever we play bad and never giving them any credit when we win.

That same shitty system led us to 10 wins 2 years ago when we had Chad at QB and alot less overall talent on the team.

4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Well I guess you really know Woody

5. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Nonsense. This had to do with the collapse over the last 5 weeks, and nothing to do with the fans squawking.

You know I am no knee-jerk reactionary. I stood shoulder to shoulder with you defending Herm. This is diferent, though. This collapse was on Mangini, and it had to cost him his job. Woody knew that. And you should too.

6. nyjunc

This collpase was a team collpase but it started w/ the QB who week after week put us in bad sports by not being able to lead us to points and by turning it over setting up points for opponents. Coaches develop just ike players do, he showed enough positives to keep him w/ some staff changes. It's a bad sign to start changing coaches just 3 years after our last coach.

7. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Junc, if the QB was this bad (which he was), then why didn't the COACH bench him?

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The fans didn't cause Mangini to lose the team for 2 seasons in a row. I get your point, but in this case I think the Mangini situation became unworkable. There are way too many factors involved for it just to be the team bowing to the anger of the fans.

9. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

That's because good organizations don't have coaches that practically beg to be fired.

10. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Hey while you're at it, can you make a post that says "Johnny Johnson needs season tickets for free"

I think they may be listening.

P.S. and some beer.

11. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I love how he lists Herm in there. Herm, as of last week, said his team was 85% complete. Yet they still lost 14 games.