The hypocracy of Pennington lovers amazes me...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Dec 28, 2008.

1. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

they are essentially calling for Favre's head on a platter because he dared to play while he was hurt. Isn't that exactly what Pennington did for three consecutive seasons?

2. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

Injured? :lol:

3. HackettSuxTNG

Happy now?

4. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Oh, the Pennington stuff is a joke. You're gonna find out Favre has a tear in his shoulder. You watch how effective Chad is vs. the Ravens when they get blown out.

5. HackettSuxTNG

But Favre's tear is going to PROVE what a selfish, greedy bastard he is. Pennington's tear(s) were totally acceptable, and he should have been more supported by the fans.

6. Long Time Jet Fan

No, I'm not happy. The Jets missed the playoffs and Favre was one of the major reasons. The only thing I'm happy about is he's probably gone.

7. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

CHAD got blasted for playing hurt, by you DOUBLE TALK CLOWNS!!!

The only time Favre holds his shoulder is right after one of his 25 picks and 100's of badly thrown balls!!!

If he was that hurt, he should have made better decisions or sat the FVCK DOWN!!!

8. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

And people were calling for Chad's head last year too so I don't see the point.

Chad never threw 22 INT's in a season, end of story. The last two he threw today were typical Favre, shoulder or no shoulder. To think he was my favorite non-Jet before the douchebaggery he pulled on the Packers this offseason.

9. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I agree with Jaded. Completely.

10. HackettSuxTNG

Chad was encouraged to hang around for three seasons before his head was called for.

11. FinFanAlex

FinFanAlex Banned

Brett Farve has no class what so ever running into the locker room after the game and it showed that Chad has more class and is now a better QB than old Farve.

12. Long Time Jet Fan

Of all the things to get on him for, that would be last on my list.

13. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Who blasted Chad for playing hurt? I respected that. I blasted Chad for season after season of three yard outs.

14. HackettSuxTNG

You respected Chad for playing hurt, but you won't respect Favre for doing the same?

15. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

I wasn't a big fan of that eithor, i was wondering if anyone else noticed!

16. HackettSuxTNG

You know what else Favre did? He took a sip of his drink and THREW THE CUP ON THE FLOOR!

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Who cares if they lose to Baltimore? he led a team w/ alot less talent than we have to the AFC East Title! He badly outplayed Favre in the game to win the div title. It doesn't matter what happens in January, that team never would have been close to the playoffs w/o him.

18. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Can't argue Pennington looked healthy and in command. Favre looked like a guy without a clue.

One thing that was again on display yesterday was our coaching philosophy of putting everything on Favre and ignoring the running game. We had 21 carries and averaged 2.85 YPC yesterday, ran empty backfields in almost every third and short situation. Miami never ran empty backfields in short situations, ran two TE sets all day and averaged 4.34 per on 28 carries, very good numbers.

Thomas Jones has completely dissapeared down the stretch and as bad as Favre has been we continue to run empty backfields that expose him to pressure and put the game on his shoulders. If Mangini was so annoyed with Favre which he looked to be on the sidelines, why didn't he every try and establish this team as a running team especially in December?

Thomas Jones at one point led the league in rushing but that happened during games we threw the ball well and was still out of a pass first O. This staff failed misrably to establish any kind of consistent power football. The Dolphins clearly have established it. The idea that we have a talent edge on Miami is based on what exactly.

Pennington was far better than Favre but their D was better stopping our O and their O was better establishing what they do. They looked quicker on both sides of the ball. I don't see the big talent advantage. Outside of Revis, I don't see the Jets as a talent ladden team at all.

Now I think we have 5 or 6 players who are above average NFL players and Leon is clearly one of the great special teams players in the league. Watching the Jets as a team the last few weeks and watching other teams the last few weeks I simply don't see where we are so talent laden. Even last week the second string OL for the Seahawks consistently blew our D front off the ball.

#18 winstonbiggs, Dec 29, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  19. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

Good post. I keep reading that the Fins have far less talent than the Jets but I just don't see it. You can make the lame duck Pro Bowl argument but Favre proved if no other season this is a pop contest.

20. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

Pennington played hurt in 2004 and led the Jets to the playoffs. Favre played hurt this year and led the Jets to hell.