This coaching staff must be fired tomorrow

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Tony, Dec 28, 2008.

1. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Mangina standing on the sidelines shaking his head is not very impressive. I wonder if he really wanted Brett in the first place. He seemed digusted with his decision making constantly.

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Haha, man incredible I mean he wanted Brett so bad he did name his sons middle name after him

3. ANJI

ANJI New Member

You need to find ways to get your best players. Schotty jr stinks!!!

I know some people don't like Brad smith, but I don't remember any plays that were set up by having Leon/smith/stuckey on the field??? Teams key on the fact when they are in the game and because of that we rarely get these guys the ball.

The play were the Dolphins ran a double reveres to chad and ricky was wide open was genius!!!! That play was designed to get Ricky open, because there is no way a Linebacker is going to keep track of a running back who handed the ball off for that long. Why don't we have any plays like that???

Brad taking a hand off and throwing back across the field to a Leon screen. A formation with Stuckey in the back field to get him lined up against a Linebacker. Nothing!!!!! Our offense was the most predictable thing I have every seen since Madden2004.

4. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

I have been ready to fire the entire coaching staff for a while now.

The move has to be made tomorrow.

5. Popeye's Army

Popeye's Army New Member

Favre is leaving so I think we need a coach who can handle a young QB that we'll take in the draft. Mangini is not that guy. Time for him to go.

6. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

They all have to go. No excuses. The Jets need to turn over a new leaf and it starts with the Coaching Staff and then the QB.

7. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

Technically, Westoff isn't even the ST coach--is it not that guy from the Bears? Maybe the poorer performance in some areas is due to the fact that Westy had to share coaching--just a thought. I would keep him based on his history, and the players respect him a great deal.

8. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Forget his players, Mangini couldn't motivate a group of frat boys to participate in a gang bang with the members of the Flight Crew.

9. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Stupid, stupid post.

The Jets decided they had gone as far as they were going to go with Pennington, and Favre was a way to take the next step.

Were PSL's a factor? I'd be naive to think they weren't, but I do not think that was the primary reason. Not at all.

But the fans didn't decided to get Favre. The fans may have wanted him, but fans want lots of things, and most of them won't happen.

And how is it the fans fault the Jets are selling PSL's?

Are you seriously saying that Jets fans caused the use of PSL's and then caused the Favre trade? :drunk:

10. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

its not like the special teams was stellar. with exception of leons speed, when they needed it most the special teams was unprepared and failed to execute

11. GeorgeCoztanza

GeorgeCoztanza New Member

I don't agree. I have no problem if the coaching staff isn't fired until Tuesday or Wednesday...or maybe even Thursday.

12. jetsmetsman12

jetsmetsman12 New Member

the only one i would MAYBE keep is westhoff

once again
    MAYBE

13. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Pennington leaving the Jets was the best thing that could've happened... for both Chad and the Jets.

For Chad... it dispelled the myth that he is finished as a Quarterback. Every game he proves he is still an effective and very good Quarterback in the NFL... if he had stayed with the Jets, his career would've been totally ruined.

For the Jets... it proves where the real problem with the Jets is. It isn't the Quarterback. It isn't one of the hundred other things that have been blamed over the past 8 years or so. We went from one boob head coach to another, and it is slowly ripping this generation of the Jets apart.

The stats and the record don't matter. What matters is the approach, the consistency, and the life that this coaching staff doesn't bring to this team. These guys aren't going to get better by making personnel moves... our roster this year is about as good as it can get.

Mangini and Co. must go. Fire them all.

14. jetsfan007

jetsfan007 New Member

I agree with OP, the entire coaching staff should get fired TONIGHT! If they don't get fired, then they should all get trained in UFC for 3 months or put them in a CAGE fight like WWE.

Goals for next year!
    Offense:
    1) Draft a good QB for GOD sake, take some chances.
    2) Release some of current WR's on the roster and get Ocho Cinco!
    3) Get a RB from Giants, any RB from Giants will better than Thomas Jones.
    4) create more creative plays!

Defense:
    1) Get a Pass Rusher or get John Abraham BACK! I can't believe JETs signed extension with Ellis over Abraham.
    2) BE physical! Hit somebody! right now the defense looks like made out of PAPER!

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The CS did a good job ysterday getting that team ready for what was likely to be a meaningless game. We just got Favre'd again.

The staff should come back mostly intact but obviosuly a few changes need to be made UNLESS we can get Cowher.

16. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Wow the CS got them ready to play for a meaningless game? How bout the fact that they didn't get them ready for the previous 4 meaningful games?

17. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

I think Mangini should stay, favre should retire, schotty should not resurrect the shifting and Sutton should get a pass rusher and some onions. I realize I am in the minority (at least right now), but I think, more than anything, that when Favre played like Chad we were a good team and when Favre played like an overaged gunslinger without the arm to take the chances he took, we lost. Simple as that.

18. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

I don't lay this on Favre at all. I lay it on a shitty offensive system that was figured out weeks ago, and shitty coaches who didn't know how to adjust. Yes, Favre was hurt and didn't play well, but coaching blew this one for us.

And they did NOT do a good job of getting them ready. They haven't done that in weeks either.

19. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Favre had 2 TDs and 9 INTs the last 5 games! He is as much to blame for this collapse as the CS, if not more. I don't really see the point in assigning blame to one more then the other, the CS was terrible and the QB was terrible and that is why we are sitting home next week.

20. bishop

bishop Member

mangini is fired

espn just reported