Cap Trouble Looms

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Rocinante, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

What the fuck are you smoking? You guys are gonna be $40 below the cap next yr? Is that right??? I thought almost every player's salary increases each yr, plus roster bonuses and all that shit...! Every team has dead money. You do too. And incase if you don't know, dead money counts against ur cap numbers....

Oh BTW, this will shed some light on where you stand...and it seems like a reliable source...doesn't it??
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/miami-dolphins/salary

2. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

Homerism is not always a good thing.

Quarterbacks:

Chad Pennington: Was known to choke while on a sorry, poorly coached Jets team. Now is in contention for league MVP. Great mentor as well.

Chad Henne: Very talented QB. Not to mention, he gets to learn from Pennington, always a plus. Feels good to know we have our QB of the future and our QB of the present. What do Jets have? Clemons? Ratliff? :rofl2:

John Beck: Scrub. Waste of a pick. Makes a good 3rd stringer though eh?

Running Backs:

Ronnie Brown: Beast, what more can I say

Ricky Williams: Again, beast.

Patrick Cobbs: Well, what can I say, Beast. Great 1,2,3 punch we have here in Miami huh?

Lousaka Polite: Will be thought of as a top tier FB before long. Great blocker, can catch, and money on short yardage.

Wide Receivers:

Ted Ginn: Anybody see that catch on the Flea Flicker? Or that TD Catch? They say it takes 3 years for a WR to blossom. Guess next year is his break out year.

Greg Camarillo and Davone Bess: 2 undrafted free agents with lots of potential. Must remind you Jet fans of Chrebet huh?

Brandon London: Damn that diving catch today was a beauty. 6'4", theres no wonder why the Giants didn't want to let him go. Lots of talent.

Tight Ends:

Anthony Fasano: God we raped the Cowboys... Got him and Ayodele for a 4th rounder :metal: One of the best TE's in the league.

David Martin: never though I'd say this but, he's a damn playmaker.

Joey Haynos: Not bad either. Being 6'7" never hurts either.

O-Line:

Jake Long: No need to explain. Everyone knows he's the real deal.

Vernon Carey: Solid RT.

Samson Satele: Solid Center. Replaceable

Donald Thomas: Looked very good before being injured. Can't wait to get him back.

Justin Smiley: Beast, good chance he would've made Pro Bowl, had he not gotten injured.

Icheke Ndukwe, Andy Alleman: Nice Depth

Defensive Line:

Philip Merling: BEAST. Gotta love that pick 6 today too eh?

Kendall Langford: Will be a top 3-4 DE before long. Great in run support, while Merling is great at rushing the passer.

Paul Soliai: Could he be the DT of the future? Probably not. That's where being so far under the cap comes in play. Doesn't hurt to have a great drafter in Parcells either.

Linebackers:

Joey Porter: Beast, could be trade bait. Very good Pass Rusher, not very good in run support and pass coverage.

Charlie Anderson: Great pass rusher

Matt Roth: Compliments Anderson as the run stuffer. OLB will be addressed this offseason.

Channing Crowder: Underrated. Amazing how awful we looked without him playing last week.

Defensive Backs:

Will Allen: Solid CB. Underrated.

Andre Goodman: Holy shit has this guy been a beast lately... Implementing himself as our best corner.

Renaldo Hill: Replaceable. Has been very solid though.

Yeremiah Bell: Straight up BEAST. I know Jet fans can admit that.

Man is it nice having so much young talent on this team. man is it nice knowing Parcells will draft more talent. Man is it nice knowing we have the money to fill holes.

3. Bay Ridge Dave

Bay Ridge Dave New Member

LMAO! Coles the Great wants a long-term deal (from Newark Star-Ledger). It is really time to jettison this clown... didn't he strong-arm Tannenbaum into giving him guaranteed $$$ for the next two seasons???? What a team guy...

4. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

Tells me nothing I don't already know. 20 Mill under as it stands now.

Wilford is gone (7 Mill)

Ferguson could retire (4 mill)

Carey could be gone (4 mill)

Starks could be gone (7 mil)

Porter could be gone (5 mil)

Torbor could be gone (5 mill)

Holliday could be gone (3.3 mill)

Derek Smith is gone (1.5 mill)

Crowder could be gone (1 mill)

Lots of players on that list that could be out the door.

5. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

Not trying to be classless. But everytime you argue with the Kings of being classless (Jet Fans), then it tends to end in arguments. Especially ignorant Jet fans who can't see their Salary Cap without putting on the green and white glasses.

6. XxAlbert84xX

XxAlbert84xX New Member

Wow, you are a moron.

Charlie Anderson has 2 sacks....... he's a great pass rusher. He has 2 more sacks than our first round pick and he was inactive for a few games.

Do you even know what a beast is. you are labeling people who are garbage roster fillers beast?!?!?!?!

Joey Haynos had 3 catches the entire season, and he's nice. David Martin a play maker..............

Don't even get me started on your secondary or your wide outs because that is quite laughable.

Dude i nominate this the most hilarious post of the year. this is the equivalent of me saying Vernon Gholston is the rookie of the year........very nice.... lie down before you hurt yourself dude.

7. The Kramsta

The Kramsta New Member

Ironic....

8. XxAlbert84xX

XxAlbert84xX New Member

I never thought id live to see the day that Andre Goodman gets called the best corner.

This guy cracks me up

9. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

Anderson is a situational pass rusher, and he has done a nice job, while on the field. And like I said, OLB will be taken care of in the offseason.

David Martin is a beast :rofl2: And to think, he's our 2nd TE, he'd be a starter on alot of rosters in this league. And Joey Haynos, like I said, not bad. God why are Jet fans so stupid? Just because your not a starter doesn't mean you don't contribute :rofl2: Depth is key, only people with football knowledge understand that though...

10. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Wow...all of them are either beasts or underrated...SB for the Dophags baby!!!!

ps. Chad Henne is a beast in the waiting too. Carpenter is also a beast. Ted Ginn is the biggest beast. Ronnie "Fuck, my leg, ouch" Brown is a beast. Cobbs is a beast. Camarillo is a beast.

11. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

Picked off your washed up Qb twice today :metal:

Did I mention he's been shutting WR's down lately?

Also, perhaps you can't read. I said, OUR BEST CORNER :wink:

12. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

The site tells me....Jets are $506,379 above Miami's payroll.

And Jets are in Cap hell...please come back when ur down on Earth!

13. XxAlbert84xX

XxAlbert84xX New Member

If 2 Sacks is a great pass rusher, than Bryan Thomas is a GOD!!!!!

14. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

I was asked about young talent, and I gave it to you. Truth hurts? I can't blame you. Miami is back, now the Jets can go crawl back into their holes for another decade or so.

15. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

You do realize I said "Situational" right? That means he doesn't start :wink: For the playing time he has gotten, he has been good. Did I mention he blocked a one of your Punts today? Sure had no problem "Punt Rushing" so to say.

16. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Well I'm not one of them, I even went with my Fins friend to the game today. I ended up not even caring because the Jets blew it last week and once Baltimore won today, that sealed the deal. I just try to look on the bright side; because the Jets lost that game(after Balt and NE winning), Mangini is more likely to be fired, our draft pick is lower, and most importantly the Pats didn't make it.

I think that the cap numbers aren't that important, its the coaching. Look at what Sporano (and Parcells) were able to do with the 1-15 team they inherited. The differences of talent between NFL teams are blown way out of proportion most of the time. Coaching is always the answer to long term consistancy. I just hope we find ours.

#96 Quinnenthebeast, Dec 29, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  17. The Kramsta

The Kramsta New Member

The Dolphins pretty much mirror the '06 Jets. Pathetic schedule ignites false hopes about the future. I love this kid's enthusiasm though, he doesn't need to know that the Phins are a Pennington injury away from being a 4-5 win team again.

18. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

Finally somebody with some sense. I agree about the coaching. Good coaches can make any level of talent overachieve, and Miami overachieved this year. As for salary cap, no it doesnt matter as much as it's made out to be. If you have GM's who can find talent, that is what matters. Although having more money never hurts :wink:

19. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

We have Henne to keep us from 4-5 wins. You guys had what? Clemons? Testaverde? Haha.

False hopes? Are you trying to tell me Parcells won't make this team an AFC Powerhouse? Not even you believe he won't do that. Are you trying to tell me Sparano isn't a good coach? Just what are you trying to tell me?

20. XxAlbert84xX

XxAlbert84xX New Member

The same mentor you boast about mentored Kellen Clemens...... oh and if you believe Henne is good because of the preseason, then you have to believe Brett Ratliff is just as good because he did the same thing in the preseason. Sparano isn't a good coach. He has a great offensive coordinator. He is a great cheerleader with his fist pumps. Parcells will not make them an AFC Powerhouse, he will either leave before or he will make them competitive....that's all