8-8 at best with Favre

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by OhioJetsFan, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Icon139

Icon139 New Member

You are right. Favre upholds all of those qualities.

But, how many times have we seen former sports GODs switch teams in the twilight of their careers because, for some delusional reason, they think they can recapture that past glory.

Brett lacks the humility to see that his time has come. And that is a dangerous quality.

#61 Icon139, Aug 7, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  2. GreenBleeder69

I'd take 8-8 with Favre over 5-11 with Clemens/Pennington. We have a better QB today than we did yesterday, how can you complain?

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

4. JohnnyJet

JohnnyJet Member

What's with the F***in NEGATIVITY

We get a Hall of Fame QB for a bag of Chips and a draft pick.

>> He is head and shoulders better than the QB's we have.

>> And he is gonna have one huge chip on his shoulders to prove to Green Bay how STUPID THEY ARE.

>>And this is BAD WHY???????

>>>>all who wish to respond please see Nurse Ratched for a proctological examination to determine if you have your brains in the correct postion.

5. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I don't think the OP is to off base. I don't know what our record is going to be but I'm not all that comfortable with our OL either. Sure, it is improved over last season but by how much exactly? That has yet to be proven.

It looks alright on paper but that wont get you anywhere. Same thing goes for the Favre trade. It loooks good on paper but it has yet to be determined if he can handle playing in NY. I still think we have a lot of question marks that need to be answered before we can predict anything.

I hope I'm way off base and our OL is TOP 5 in the league and Favre wins OPOY this season. We'll see..

6. Icon139

Icon139 New Member

So you are saying that we are going to get to the playoffs based on Bretts desire for revenge against his former team?

I think Brett is the one who should get the proctological examination.

7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I agree people are expecting too much improvement at least on the right side of the OL, but I also think people will be surprised how well the DL plays.

As far as handling playing in New York, I don't think that's such a big deal. This guy has been in the spotlight for a long time. He's not just a local media story.

Favre doesn't have to be OPOY to make this a great deal.

8. Reidy

Reidy New Member

Read his WHOLE FUCKING POST. I'm sick of little nit pickers like you. You are almost as bad as the fans over in Minnesota.

9. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

As has been said many many times before, the Chad Pennington of 2002 is absolutely nothing like the one of today, so the 1-1 record for the 2003 Jets games is completely irrelevant (so is the 2002 game, since Vinny was the QB then). You also left out the 1-1 Packers playoff record last year.

#69 statjeff22, Aug 7, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  10. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Does it count when Favre is misspelled?

11. JohnnyJet

JohnnyJet Member

Icon139>>>>> Nurse Ratched tells me that you haven't reported to her yet for your examination could this be

>>>>>WHY you are trying to put words in my mouth?? Nowhere in my prior post did I mention ANYTHING about the seasons outcome. YOU DID!!!!

>>>>And now you know why you needed the examination.

12. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

So, the time has come.....right after he had one of the best seasons of his CAREER? I don't get this. His 2006 wasn't all that bad either, and he was better than Penninton was in that season that everyone holds so highly. 2005 was his only really bad season.

13. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

This is the best quote I've heard today.

14. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

This board has taught me that world peace, ending hunger and curing cancer are worth crap next to a Jets Super Bowl win.

So let a meteorite obliterate all of humanity the day after the Jets win the Super Bowl, as long as they win the Super Bowl.

15. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

The Jets proved me wrong regarding my original post... barely.

Hindsight is 20/20. Same ol' Jets.

16. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

I'm torn on this. Favre probably gives us the best chance to win next year, but have we seen enough of Clemens? What did he have, 8 starts? Most QBs suck after 8 starts. Maybe start with Favre and then if/when they suck at midseason move the Clemens?

God I hate being a Jets fan....

17. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Only off by 1 game....not bad.

18. GermanJetBerlin

GermanJetBerlin New Member

He should only be back with an according preparation in the offseason. Like 2007. His meltdown comes from what he missed this year. He did not have the condition for a whole season. But after 11 we were 8-3. So let's built on there.