I think we've found the offensive woes

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyJohnson, Dec 25, 2008.

1. gulbane

gulbane Member

Favre's been taking a beating for the last several games - the O-line seems to have shut down...I'm sure he got hurt and doesn't want to break his precious record of starting in XXX games. Such a shame when aging, hall of fame athletes come back for that 'one more year' on a different team.

2. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Maybe the alternatives are much worse. Either way, he appears now to be a liability, at least until proven otherwise. I do think by leaving him in there so long, if they did know he was injured and weren't talking, because of Mangini's pirated stealth tactics of not releasing info, that will undoubtedly strip Mangini of any cred with the team. He's benched quite a few people in his day for not performing, and then Favre comes along and doesn't get benched for being a liability for over a month. There's a crack in the armor.

3. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Mahahahaha

4. Salz

Salz New Member

You defend Mangini to much. Some of the criticism against him is exaggerated, and I'm not 100% against him returning, but he has appeared to be overmatched this year. Don't you think he did a terrible job coaching last week? Don't you think it's a bad sign that the Jets haven't won one game that they've trailed at half time? But yeah, I do think that if Favre was more effective, we'd have more wins and Mangini wouldn't look as bad. Nonetheless, he's been bad a lot this season.

5. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

How about Pennington's arm? He's supposed to dink and dunk down there at Miami too, no?

6. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

Yeah, because Joe Montana regrets taking KC to the playoffs. Just like if the jets get in, I am sure Favre regrets taking the jets to the playoffs.

Please. Besides, how has his former team done this year? Oh, 0-8 in close games? Oh the irony.