All Haters: Why Chad is So Great...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Fusion2006, Dec 24, 2008.

1. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Hey Fusion2006 - To say that Chad did nothing for the Jets is just flat out wrong. Three playoff appearances is nothing to sneeze at. If you don't like him fine, but just to blindly say that he did do squat shows that you are just as obsessed in a negative view of Chad as you rail against others for their positive view of him.

Also, just a question since your start date here indicates that you're a September 2008 member. Are you a misplaced Green Bay fan that is now a Jet fan because of Favre? Not that this is bad in any way. I'm just curious if that's the reason you're here or if the date is a coinsidense.

2. Fusion2006

Fusion2006 New Member

I agree, he didn't do "squat" is harsh as other franchises has had QB's like Joey Harrington - thats a whole different story. But I am so sick of all the Chad talk. Its like 90% of the talk here. If you love him so much for his heart or wahtever, why not talk about him in the NFL News section of the forum. What does it have to do with the Jets this year.

And no I'm not a GB fan. I've checked out this board before but this year with Favre and the OL signings and getting Jenkins I just thought this year could be "something" and was excited so I joined to post. I hadn't been this excited about a Jets team in a long time. Looks like all that excitement could be for not soon. But as frustrating as this season has been, its been good to be able to come on here and vent.

3. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

In No particular order.

Peyton Manning
    Tom Brady
    Joe Namath
    Troy Aikman
    Dan Marino
    Dan Fouts
    Len Dawson
    John Elway
    Johnny Unitas
    Roger Staubach
    Terry Bradshaw
    Fran Tarkenton
    Waren Moon
    Jim Kelly
    Joe Montana
    Sonny Jurgenson
    Y A Tittle
    Steve Young
    Bart Starr
    Bob Griese

4. steveincolorado

steveincolorado New Member

Ronnie Brown, hehehe

5. Fusion2006

Fusion2006 New Member

I'm not even going to address anything because your list has JIM KELLY. You clearly have a bias. I have never been one of those Favre is the GOAT or anything like that but he's a top 10 QB in NFL history.

Did you watch Favre in the 1990's? You would honestly say JIM KELLY is better QB than Brett Favre????????????????????????????????????

If your whole argument is that Favre throws too many INT's or something, look at JIM KELLY's career stats. And his zero Super Bowls.

And if you want to see how good Favre WAS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbwiuz9utmI

Seriously, JIM KELLY?

6. Fusion2006

Fusion2006 New Member

And someone might as well move this to the NFL news or something section because this has nothing to do with the Jets now.

7. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Some of these names are pretty laughable. Especially Warren Moon, Jim Kelly, Joe Namath, and Steve Young just to name a few. We get it, you hate Brett Favre. This year is one of his worst years ever. I'm sure this year is a major influence on your list as well. However, during his prime, he put up some incredible numbers. He is easily a top 10-15 QB of all time.

8. Fusion2006

Fusion2006 New Member

If have years like this:

3882 yards, 33 td's, 14 int's
    4413 yards, 38 td's, 13 int's
    3899 yards, 39 td's, 13 int's
    3867 yards, 35 td's, 16 int's
    4212 yards, 31 td's, 23 int's
    3921 yards, 32 td's, 15 int's
    3361 yards, 32 td's, 21 int's
    4088 yards, 30 td's, 17 int's

Then at 38, he had 4,155 yards, 28 td's, 15 int's.

And played in 272 straight games.

You don't think thats a better QB than Jim Kelly? Seriously?

9. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Yeah Seriously -- there are a few questonable on my top of my head list nut Jim Kelly is not one of them , I hate the Motherfucker but he was a much better Qb than Favre --- And no I am not basing it on this years suckass performance of Favre.

If you have any more quarrels substitute Ken Stabler and Ken Andersson , and please don't bother me with stats cause you Favre ball suckers feel the need to discount s tats when used to compare his year this year to Penningtons.

10. Fusion2006

Fusion2006 New Member

You still havn't explained how you put Jim Kelly in front of Favre. And I didn't even mention how Kelly had Thomas (HOF) and Reed (Probably a HOF one day). Favre never had any one like Thomas, not even close, Ahmed Green maybe? Throw out statistics with Favre too if you want (which makes NO sense because I don't know). Base it on talent then? You think Jim Kelly has more talent than Favre? Super Bowls? Wins? Durability?

And who's discounting stats??? OBVIOUSLY Pennington is having a better year statistically in Miami than Favre is having with the Jets - though if both teams don't make the playoffs, who gives a crap. I don't think thats an earthshattering conclusion. The whole point is some people don't believe that if Chad was here a) he would even been the starter, b) The playcalling with Chad at QB would be no different than last year and similar results.

He moved on to a better situation for him. Do I think the Dolphins have a very weak schedule and struggle against crap teams, yes. Do I think the Dolphins have any chance at a SB, no. If the Phins lose on Sunday, they will be in the same position as us, watching the playoffs on TV (except they will have lost twice to us).

#30 Fusion2006, Dec 25, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2008
  11. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

And now there is no doubt in my mind that you are daft. Chad is a good quarterback -- I've always thought so, unlike many longer-time Jets fans ironically -- but this team wasn't going to get to the superbowl with Pennington, Favre, Brady, Brees or Manning (either one) the way it has played.

12. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

Sorry pal, been a Jets fan for 40 years. I live in SoFlo and I suffered through the mud bowl and the fake spike and much as I hate it sometimes, I bleed green.

Even though right now I hate the organization's management.

Sometimes the line between love and hate is very thin. Maybe these are the kinds of feelings that drive the sociopaths among us to batter their wives.

13. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

Fact: Chad never got anything done with the Jets, and was here long enough to get something done. He had issues staying ont he field, and his best season (10-6, which ironicaly Favre might do with his only season as a jet) he really didn't beat any teams of note, and lost in the playoffs round one, If I recall.

Wouldn't be any worse then making it and losing round one this year, would it? meh. Point was, it wasn't a bad move, it was clear the Jets were not going to let Chad be there guy, even before Favre came along. Love chad all you want, he just FITS with Bill Parcels, and the Miami Dolphins offense. He didn't fit here, and so they got rid of him.

Seriously, enough already. The guy did nothing as a jet.

14. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Chad never won a Super Bowl with the Jets, but that doesn't mean he did nothing. And as for the not fitting part, a west coast, short passing game, ball control offense isn't a fit for Chad Pennington? You have to be kidding me.

15. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

I seem to recall him only have one decent season in that offense, and last year, when he wasn't hurt, wasn't it. He couldn't even hold onto the starting job last year WHEN healthy. Meh.

16. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

There's that all-or-nothing segment of any fanbase. I distinctly remember people calling WFAN and saying "Patrick Ewing never won anything", which of course is a ridiculous statement. He never won an NBA title, he won just about everything else there is to win in basketball.

17. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Chad was hurt last year, got hurt in Week 1, missed Week 2, came back and played hurt until he came out at 1-7. Just like in the 2004 playoffs when he played hurt and everyone railed on his performance when a lot of guys wouldn't have been out there. They never tell you this stuff until after the fact. I'm almost certain there is something wrong with Favre right now, but nobody is going to say what it is until the season is over.

18. Trickstone

Trickstone New Member

The qb who got anything done for the Jets is old, drunk, and trying to suck face with Suzy gobler on national tv.

19. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

SO Chad is only good because he fits Parcels? Funny because I remember Chad going 10-4 two years ago with Barlow at RB, McCraphands at WR, and Robertson at NT. Those 3 changes right there would = 12-4 this season.

ANd the overall bottom line is - Chad has out played Brett this year. SO it stands to reason we would have been a better team with him.

20. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

With the exception of 1 of those trips the rest were despite of him, not because of him. They backed into the playoffs twice.

I know here comes the "no such thing as backing into the playoffs" argument, but it is what it is. You can see it 3 different ways: Those seasons were half-full, half-empty or they were mathematically placed into the playoffs due to other teams performance the last weeks of the regular season.

Fine, he got us there, and I think he only won a single playoff game, if not 2. So yeah great, woohoo. Let's throw him a parade.