All Haters: Why Chad is So Great...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Fusion2006, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Fusion2006

Fusion2006 New Member

Y'all are a bunch of haters on this board, straight up.

Chad was so great as a Jet and there is no doubt in my mind or anyone's mind that he would have done great this year as a Jet and we would have won the Super Bowl! With his play, the secondary would have been motivated and the coaching staff would have COMPLETELY changed their offensive plan because we had Chad back!

He's a former MVP!
    Um, he's never been even close to winning an MVP

Well whatever, the MVP award is based on a bunch of media idiots. Look at all his Pro Bowls!
    Um, he's never been on a Pro Bowl team

Well, whatever, Pro Bowls are based on a popularity contest. It's all about team accomplishments. Look at his win-loss record!
    Um. He has around a .500 career win-loss record

Well, whatever, its all about that one season when you go out and win the Super Bowl!
    Um, he has never won a Super Bowl

Well, whatever, its all about those Conference Title games. The Super Bowl is nothing but a commercial sham!
    Um, he's never been to a Conference Title game

Well, whatever, its all about durability and being an iron-man!
    Um.......

Well, whatever, remember that season when Pennington led the Dolphins to the playoffs! It doesn't matter that the Dolphins only beat two teams with a +.500 record (the Broncos are going to lose), had a weak schedule and still struggled to beat crappy teams.
    Remains to be seen. At least Chad lovers will have that to hold on to IF they win on Sunday? Thats something? I guess?

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

3. Fusion2006

Fusion2006 New Member

Its unreal how people drool over Chad Pennington. He didn't do crap here. Never in all my years of watching sports have I seen such an obsession with a guy who didn't win an MVP, no Pro Bowls, no Super Bowls, no Conference Title games AND he was always injured.

Yet people still think he's this HOF AND there are people that are actually going to cheer AGAINST the Jets this weekend because of their obsession with Chad Pennington.

He didn't do crap here. He moved on. He's doing well in Miami.

WHY CAN'T JETS FANS MOVE ON TOO?!

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

You started a thread about Chad Pennington to complain about people being obsessed w/him and not moving on.

5. southwestjet

southwestjet New Member

That's the part that I don't agree with. Yes, the Jets kind of did Chad dirty, but Woody had PSL tickets to sell. :wink:

Chad's a class act and there's lots of history with the Jet's 2006 comeback player of the year, etc... but it is time to move on.

Hoping and cheering for a Jet's loss is unjetlike.

6. Fusion2006

Fusion2006 New Member

I am so sick of the obsession. I hope the Jets make the playoffs but even if they don't it will be so sweet to watch the Jets beat the Dolphins again.

I actually think this forums server would break down if the Jets lose due to Chad-mania.

7. Colintes

Colintes New Member

Chad was our quarterback and a big part of this team for many years. I think the hype makes some sense, he aint the greatest player, but hey, the man had heart, i cant hate him for that. I want the Jets to make the playoffs more then anything, and after that i want to make sure the friggin Pats don't. IF the Jets become mathematically eliminated i dont see anything wrong in routing for the pats not to make it, however that has to come about....its not all about chad. I just think its hard to route against such a stand up guy, ive routed for, for many years.

8. southwestjet

southwestjet New Member

I beileve it and the Chad vs. Brett threads would last until next pre-season.

9. southwestjet

southwestjet New Member

I think you speak for alot of Jet fans there, hell I still have a Vilma and Chad jersey hanging on my Jet's wall, in my opinion, they are NO LESS JETS and at some point and time CONTRIBUTED TO THIS TEAM. It may not have been enough to carry the whole team, but such is sports.

I would give him a standing ovation no doubt when introduced, but also recognize that at game time it is Dolphins versus Jets - a classic battle.

10. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Oh, look, Big Blocker's little brother logged on to TGG and made a little doody. :breakdance:

11. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

All I wanted was for Pennington to take back the starting job in training camp. I thought he was well on his way to doing so even running Schotty's hare-brained schemes. I realize Clemens could well have won the job, which would have meant that this season was doomed from the get-go.

Then came August 7th and the whole season got turned upside down. I tried to enthuse while I could, but there's nothing left to enthuse about. Favre is coming down with Alzheimers.

And I'll move on whenever I feel like it. The Jets make the so-called product. I consume it as I see fit.

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

With any luck at all, this conversation/debate will end on Sunday forever. Chad gave us 8 years and more than a few good memories. l won't root against my team though even if winning means giving GB a higher pick in '09.

I'm so done with the entire Chad/Farve drama scene.. Just fckn bury it already because what's done is done..

13. cnc66

cnc66 New Member

Being a Cane, you have to know we would welcome you with open arms in the Dolphin camp.. it could spare you years of misery. We are on our way up, you are looking for a qb and coach.. nows the time. Think about this.. rooting for your team to win is the same as rooting for the patsies.. now if that doesn't leave a bad taste in y'alls mouth well, I dunno what to say then. You guys screwed the pooch losing to holmgren, this could have been an epic game, now even if you win, you lose.. we all lose.. damned pats

14. Fusion2006

Fusion2006 New Member

My whole point is that if your so obsessed with Chad and love him more than you love yourself, then go to the NFL section of this forum or go to a Dolphins board and praise him. Why is it in the JETS forum.

He moved on. There's a chance that he might not have even been the starter this year. There's a BIG chance that the offense would have been run the same as the last few years and Pennington would have sucked again. Your talking about a whole lot of "IF this" and "IF that" Pennington would have been so awesome here. WHO CARES!

At least wait until the season is over then you can make threads about how Pennington is so great for 6 months. For all you know the Dolphins could lose on Sunday and be out of hte playoffs too.

15. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The guy lead us for 8 years. Through good and bad he fought the good fight for us and never complained.

ANd there is something you dont put on your Pennington ( really favre) review. The guy came back from 2 (not 1) surgeries on his throwing sholder. Something no other QB has ever done. No he isn't the best QB of all time but he HAS defied the odds in ways no other QB has. The guy has heart, determination, and fire. If you cant respect that then I dont know what to tell you.

17. Trickstone

Trickstone New Member

He should have made the pro bowl this year, over that 19 int throwing stiff you have behind center now.

18. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Hit the nail on the head, absolutely on point.

The OP is as obsessed with Chad as the Chad-lovers are... in the opposite way.

19. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Some Fans don't just root blindly for the Green Jersey , they admire and feel a personal connection to players and root for them also. Especially the older fans who lived through sports before free agency when most players spent their entire careers with one team.

Wayne Chrebet was an immense fan favorite. He was never once even the most talented WR on the roster but fans loved home because he had heart and determination and did the best he could with what god had given him - Pure Talent without these traits is useless. Chad exhibits everything Wayne stood for and more -- Leadership.

The real question is why everyone gets on their knees to suck off Brett Favre , Yes he won one Superbowl ( so did Doug Williams and Trent Dilfer) but I could name over 20 Qbs off the top of my head who were better .

20. Fusion2006

Fusion2006 New Member

Its not like grade school where the kids that don't win a ribbon in track and field get a "participation" ribbon. Its the NFL. He didn't squat here, thats the facts. So why we have a fanbase that is so obsessed with him to point that they want the Dolphins to beat the Jets on Sunday is beyond me.

He moved on to a better situation for him, nothing would have changed had to stayed another year here IMO.

And I'd love to see your list of 20 quarter backs off the top of your head that were better than Brett Favre. Note he's 39 right now and your probably base that on this year. I can't wait for this list. Please proceed.