Final Pennington vs Favre Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Long Time Jet Fan, Dec 21, 2008.

1. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I would take Favre over Chad anyday. I stand by that even now. I don't even care that Chad is having a great season, don't care, not at all, not in the least. I want to watch some exciting football and Favre was able to give that to me this season, even though that excitement has stalled nearing the end of the season, I'm still glad I got to experience those amazing wins over the Patriots and Titans. Chad is sooooooooooooo boring. I hated watching him throw his dink and dunk lame ass games. I still want to puke thinking about it.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I hope you are enjoying exciting football as we lose week after week. I'll take a boring win over an exciting loss anyday and in reality we haven't been exciting anyway.

3. Trickstone

Trickstone New Member

Nobody is exciting as Brett Faaaaaaaaavre putting 3 points on the board.

4. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

LOL

I'll take being out of the playoffs just to have experienced Brett Favre's EXCITEMENT. Nothing is as exhilarating as watching Favre's pass go 50 yards downfield... right into the hands of the safety. What a privilege it was to watch Favre throw nearly 20 picks this year

5. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the 10 fumbles.

6. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Hey, but getting respect on ESPN is really what it's about. Who need the playoffs?

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

"Final Pennington vs Favre Thread "

We should all be so lucky.

8. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

It's possible. The season ends Sunday and a lot of questions will be answered. Plus we can just keep this one going forever. :up:

9. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

And we in Miami thank the NY Jets organization / ownership for feeling the same way....

You're right, it's been extremely boring watching Chad outperform Favre all year long. Thanks again....

IN TUNA WE TRUST....

10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

We had Chad last year and he went 1-8.

How quickly Chad Fans forget.

11. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Yeah , we all know that last year had nothing to do with having 3 players on the Oline that should be Career Backups at best, And absolutely No D whatsoever.

12. nyjunc

w/ a completely different team. How quickly favre fellaters forget.

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The only real upgrade to the OL this year was changing out Bender/Clarke for Faneca. Woody does not impress. Who is the third you are talking about?

And I don't see much D out there this year, either.

14. nyjunc

:rofl: and you are caling out others for lack of knowledge? you are clueless and I don't know why I am wasting my time quoting your nonsensical posts.

15. Beamen

Beamen New Member

^ Don't forget that our OL still struggles immensely in pass-protection. We no longer have a revolving door at LG, but what few 'pockets' our OL creates tend to collapse before anything has a chance to develop downfield.

Since we're talking about QBs, I figured that OL change really hasn't changed much... There have been fewer sacks, but that's largely because a) We've gone with many more quick-passing plays, playing to Favre's strengths, and b) Favre has a tendency to launch the ball into coverage instead of taking a sack...

But our OL cannot consistently protect the QB on 5 or 7 step drops.

16. nyjunc

Our Ol isn't great protecting the passer but it's not as bad you make them out to be. Alot of the presssure comes from Favre holding onto the ball too long.

17. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Brandon Moore - He is still here at least Now we have 4 NFL starting Claiber Linemen.

Sorry but Jenkins and Pace made a huge difference this year in the D.

#117 Section 336, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  18. Beamen

Beamen New Member

That's just not right. A collapsing pocket will give you the illusion of Favre holding on to the ball too long, because nobody is hitting him, and he keeps his eyes downfield. But when your passing lanes are all blocked by your own OL, that's poor pass protection, and it makes it impossible to find a man downfield.

Add on top of that the right side of our OL cannot pick up a blitz to save its life, and you have Favre under pressure within a second or so of the snap more often than not.

Pressure can be defined as any situation in which the passrush makes it more difficult to make a play. Just because the defensive players haven't always gotten around our OL, does not mean they're not applying pressure.

19. nyjunc

W/ the coaches film it's hard to see that. These are just excuses for Favre, I can buy the being unfamiliar w/ the system and his receivers but the Ol has been good overall.

Very rarely is Favre undre pressure w/in a second or 2. It usually comes from him moving in the pocket, that may or may not be the OL but either way he has had time to throw the football. He just looks like an old, fading QB. I'd like to see what he can do w/ a year under his belt in this system, w/ these players and a full offseason.

20. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Chad is much better than Favre at this point...I dont need to explain...

All i'll say is this...Favre "the gunslinger" has completed SHIT beyond 20 yards...Chad has completed tons of passes beyond 20, several going for TDs and I think 2 ints. Favre? about 12 ints on deep throws and one TD (that too against Miami when he was about 4 months younger).........nuff said!