Fire Mangini?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Dec 21, 2008.

?

Fire Mangini

1. Yes

86.4%
  2. No

13.6%
  1. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

Unless he is able to throw both his Offensive and Defensive coordinators under the bus (neither is able to make in the game adjustments) then his head should also roll. Now if he promotes Chalahan (sp) and picks up the Pittsburg LB coach...I'd be willing to give him another year. Now if Bill Cowher is willing to be a Coach and not a GM... All bets are off. :drunk:

2. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I said yes, but there has to be someone else out there that is better. If (someone like) Cowher is available then no question we fire Mangini for him. I'm not too big on Callahan and I'm not too big on giving some 30 year old a shot at coaching.

3. hazmat

hazmat New Member

But we don't have the talent to win 12 or 13 games. We have no player on defense that can really pressure the qb. The wr's all suck. Coles, Cotchery and Stuckey are wr's with tight end speed. The offensive line is average at best pass blocking. Bryan Thomas, Eric Barton, Abram Elam and Ty Law are not fast enough to play in a 3-4. The special teams took a beating most weeks. This was year three of rebuilding and they did a great job getting to year 3. But it takes more then 3 years to become a really good team.

Mangini needs to improve his coaching but he also needs better coordinators with a better feel for the game. Just firing Mangini doesn't fix everything. Who are you going to replace him with? a 4-3 coach? The grass isn't always greener.

4. sayuki

sayuki New Member

Jets need new coach!!

why he did not let Felly kick the field goal????????? why did he try for first down when it was on 15 yard line of Seahawks???
    bad coaching!

5. zonebuster413

zonebuster413 Member

All of the Bellichick's disciples could be fired this off-season. Romeo Carnell, Eric Mangini, and Charlie Weis. They are all bumbs.

6. JetMonkey

JetMonkey Member

If I were Mangini, I would resign. He clearly can't coach a team in a city where EVERYTHING he says or does is scrutinized. Go to Detroit where you can rebuild and retool without being dissected.

7. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Changing the head coach every 3-4 years isn't the answer. I'm not defending Mangini....just saying that replacing him isn't the cure (and Cowher isn't coming here).

8. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

i think hes going to disappear completely! remember earlier in the year there was that poll and he was one of the top 5 coaches players don't want to play for, and his role in spygate, lol he was def involved when they did it, then he was one the to rat them out. Combine that withthe fact that his inability to adjust to[personal and maximize team. i think hes done in the nfl.. hell prob end up in college. better suited for a an arrogant dictator like mangini.
    For the past 3 years hes mistreated, black balled players and pushed all blame towards the fact that he hasn't had the right personal.. Now he had the personal he wanted and he still sucks... Time for him to go.. Hes an awful coach...Im really disappointing in the season, and in my mind its over. Im not praying for the bills to beat Ne. I don't think its happening, The only pleasure i have to look fwd to now is manginis firing... i feel really happy for CP, and the complete vindication he must feel. hes to classy to ever say so.. But good for him! manginis a scumbag and deserves to leave and be completely forgotten about!

9. Skender51

Skender51 New Member

This is not manginis fault it is the players fault no one on the jets can excute for shit... its actually quite pathetic at how much these players dont care they dont play with any fire or passion what so ever there all a bunch of pussies with the exception of a few players

10. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

We can agree to disagree then. If you look at the schedule this team should be a 12 win team. Fuck I would agree if the Jets didn't beat the Titans, Cards, and Pats. They lost 4 games to completely shit teams and played totally uninspired and won in a few others. If this team was well coached there is no reason that they couldn't have won that many games this year.

I do agree about the 4-3 thing. I am just not convinced Mangini is or will ever be a good coach. I just don't think so.

Edit: I had this feeling with Herm from day one. At least it took Mangini 3 years.

11. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

Fuck the haters, I'm rooting for Miami next week.

New England misses the playoffs AND Mangini gets fired? That's gold.

12. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

I'd rather have a vaccine that makes me suffer another year before getting better than sticking with a sickness that's chronic. I don't presume to know what the next head coach will bring, but things sure as hell don't seem to be getting any better by sticking with what we got in Mangini.

13. chris5533

believe it or not im normally never for Blaming the coaches, this is not just this season.. really look back over the body of work. The players that have been in and out the door.. mangini was not ready for this job, the mere fact he retained Bob Sutton after last years is proof in istself. mangin sucks... i think we all agree the talent level on the jets rivals all good teams this year. so what makes them affective and us so infective? its the coaches!

14. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

I heard on the radio the other day that Weis will stay at ND. Crennell is probably gone. Mangini is on the bubble, but not necessarily down for the count. It IS only his 3rd year of a realistically 5-year rebuilding project.

15. Skender51

Skender51 New Member

If there is one coach to blame its sutton but thats it... But still these players are just not playing with heart... I watch other teams play and they all fly around playing with emotion then i watch the jets and it looks like there in slow motion

16. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Well I mean the schedule was a joke and we had no injuries so we should have won more games but with a regular schedule and typical injuries this was not a 12 win team. They just have holes, they have no dynamic linebackers to create problems for the offense.

You can argue that Mangini should be fired, but even the best coaches in the league have sucked in their early years. You can blame Mangini all you want but the blame also has to rest with the shitty effort from the players.

I ask you this: Is the organization in a better place now then we were 3 years ago when Herm left?

17. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

I missed the opening drive. Why did Mangini opt for the FG on 4th and 1 at the Seahawk 2?

18. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

This is the first time I have ever voted yes. If we beat the Dolphins, I might change my mind, because that would mean the team did not at least quit on him.

I think the effort is there. I just think the coaching is pretty poor, and the quarterback is not playoff-caliber.

19. chris5533

No, as i watch mangini week after week win or loss, i always wonder why did we hate Herm so much. i don't even think its a questions as to who's a better coach.

20. It doesnt matter who we have as coach or who we have as players...the team is cursed. Consequently...in Foxboro it;s the opposite..they win no matter who the coach or players.