Brett Favre was a mistake...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Sep 22, 2008.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I said C^4 in the Clowney thread... I want royalties!!! haha...

I can see this little nickname carrying onto the field, with 4 threats at Favre's disposal.

What dime CB runs a 4.26 like Clowney does??? I feel bad for that defender.

2. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

^Better get down to the patent office before some writer picks it up and takes credit. I don't know how the hell it works, but I recall that Paris Hilton patented "that's hot".

3. kinggofg

kinggofg Active Member

You just made me cry a little thinking about this. I would most like to see the completion % one. It would reflect very well on our recievers if they can hold on to that many passes.

The reason this would make me so happy however is becasue of all the Tom Brady "records" they kept talking about last year. That made me sick.

Great post and welcome to the board.

4. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

Guys, don't get all high on Clowney yet. He is unproven. Or, lest we forget, the packers cut him because he couldn't catch the ball. While he had a nice preseason, so have a ton of other players that are not good enough.

So, wait and see. He is fast, but before speed matters you need to hold onto the ball.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

That's why he is #4 on the chart, and will be used in specific packages. I hope that he uses his speed to get by defenders, that way he only has to catch a fly ball rather than a laser that Favre fires into a tight window.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't really expect a whole hell of a lot from him, but his speed will open things up underneath when he goes long and pulls a safety back, and that's where Favre will be hitting guys like Keller and Baker. The intermediate game is way more important than the long ball, IMO.

7. uberchink

uberchink New Member

hopefully he'll be a poor-man's Devin Hester

8. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Final Word on Favre Deal is Failure

Ok. So we all gave Favre his shot and he blew it big time. You can talk about drops and the defense, but the bottom line is that in the biggest game of the season with all the marbles on the table he, more than any other Jet player, stunk up the joint today.

All that was heard around here since 2003 was that, for a QB, what matters is putting points on the board and winning big games. Well today, in the biggest game of the year, Favre led the Jets to exactly 3 - count them - 3 points against one of the worst defenses in the NFL. He underthrew almost every pass. He is the most immobile QB I can remember. Namath moved better than him. From the middle of the first quarter on he did not put a single point on the board. His throws today, and for the last 4 games, made Pennington's arm look like John Elway's. Favre's throws are quacking. In fact, without Losman's blunder, this is a 5 game losing streak and during that streak Favre has been horrible, awful, pitiful.

Meanwhile Pennington, who people knocked, put up 38 points on a cold and windy day in a must win game when his defense stunk. If Pennington is noodle arm, then Favre is Ramen arm. I'll take 3700 yards and a 17-7 TD to Int ratio, plus the 7.8 YPA over Favre's 3200 yards and 21-18 ratio and 6.8 YPA anyday. Plus Favre stunk with a better supporting cast. Pennington took a team to the playoffs in 2006 that is so far inferior to this year's team it isn't funny. And the Dolphins are an inferior team this year. In fact, Pennington NEVER failed to take a Jet team that was in contention for the playoffs to the playoffs.

The Favre trade is now officially a disaster and the Jets are the laughingstock of the NFL. The Jets, who were on a plan to build a perennial winning team, brought in an OL, much needed defensive help, and then brought in a washed up 39 year old QB for a one year run?????? What happens next year now with all these players in their prime? You turn the keys over to Clemens or Ratliff???? Johnson should be ashamed for his unabashed greed at using Favre to sell PSLs. Tannenbaum and Mangini should be ashamed for not recognizing what they had in Pennington (a winner) and what Favre was (old and done).

I was against the move when it was being proposed and I was against it when the Jets made it. I was hoping I was wrong. I bought my playoff tickets. But I wasn't wrong. And it doesn't make me any less of a Jet fan or make me a Pennington fan for stating the obvious - the Jets cut the better QB. Stating this is no different than disagreeing with a draft pick or thinking that the Jets should have drafted Marino instead of O'Brien.

The Jets blew it big time and now, here we are again, with a team that collapsed, a CS under fire, a team with a bruised and maybe broken ego, and a cloudy future.

When you look at the two biggest holes on this team - they are QB and DE and our QB is in Miami and the pass rush is in Atlanta.

9. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

You are spot on. Not only is Favre old, but he is out of shape. He can't take the riggors. If he was in an offseason conditioning program, maybe. But with his age and lack of condition this should not be a suprise.

Getting rid of Penny was a mistake. I did not want Chad gone. If we were so desperate for a QB we should have picked Flacco or traded up for Ryan in the draft. Everyone knows that Clemmens will amount to nothing.

I have been a Jet fan all my life and I have always hated the fins, but with Pennington and Parcells down there it is kind of hard not to root for them. If not us, I hope it is at least the fins instead of the pats.

10. kmj6z

kmj6z New Member

dont forget the fact that we couldnt even trade him for a 7th rd pick to avoid miami snatching him

11. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

He keeps playing he will need them pain killers. The dude has no legs to old hes screwed when the pocket collaspes. Get a good in there with some wheels its another threat when u have a qb that can take off.

12. GermanJetBerlin

GermanJetBerlin New Member

CP gets away from the Jets. Has a career year. A MVP-runner up comes in, alongside with a ton of talent in other areas. Has the 2nd worst year of his career. Explain to me, if that does not happen by desastrous coaching and gameplanning.

FIRE THE COACHES. BURN THE PLAYBOOK.

There cannot be any doubt, Brett Favre is the better QB. CP would have looked like last year. He was about ot loose the TC-Battle. Brett coming in that late, working out bfore with high school kids, has failed. Tell him to come back, prepare like he did in 2007. But before...

FIRE THE COACHES. BURN THE PLAYBOOK.

13. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

"He keeps playing he will need them pain killers."

The last few weeks, he looks like he's been playing high on those pain killers. Woody has been exposed for the scam artist that he is. As for Mangini, you gotta love those "gap assignments". Ha! Ha!

14. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

I gotta admit that I was very wrong on Favre as Pennington has been by far the much better quarterback this year and unless we miraculously make the playoffs and some magic happens there then we really screwed up this whole Favre experiment.

15. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Favre did nothing for us. It's safe to say that we should have kept Penny on our team. At least he plays with fire in his eye. FUCK.

16. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

Chad just needed an o-line.

17. keypusher

keypusher Member

Maybe not. He doesn't have one.

18. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

Well maybe not but he has an offense that works around his dink and dunks. The wr's know how to block.

19. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

Already posted. :wink:

20. SameOldJets2008

SameOldJets2008 New Member

I HAD TO BUMP IT, disgrace today Mangini is an idiot for etting rid of pennington