Prediction you dont want to hear, but know.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by xmscott, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

That doesn't make it okay. It would be nice to see the defense step up and not let a QB have a field day against them. And if they aren't going to do it against the likes of Thigpen, Losman and Shaun Hill, then who? You would expect more from a team that is supposedly playoff-caliber.

2. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

Were gonna beat them ala STL... then take the division week 17. I'm goin to that game with my bro (who is a dolphins fan) so we better kick ass.

3. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Neither Fitzpatrick or Thigpen is "awful". Both have had SEVERAL solid games against teams other than the Jets.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Fitzpatrick did not even look good against the Jets. What are you guys talking about? He had one good drive.

5. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Seriously, I wouldn't throw Fitzpatrick into that.

And as well as Losman played, his YPA was extremely low that game, he didn't play THAT well, we almost (edit, thanks 2K08) lost that game because we couldn't stop the run.

Carlson I'm worried about big time. Going against him in the fantasy championship game, I'm the underdog by 7, and I'm worried he's going to go for 100 and a touchdown like I watched him do against my team on Thanksgiving against the Cowboys.

He's a rookie, and he has better stats than Keller. I'm more worried about him than I am about Deion Branch, that's for sure.

#25 Jetfanmack, Dec 18, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Guard against letting "fantasy" cloud reality. This is the problem I have with FF.

Carlson may be someone to watch in this game, but he's not going to stop us from coming home with a W.

7. uhsplit

uhsplit New Member

I thought we (SeaHawks) always made the other backups look more like HOF'rs than merely Pro Bowlers.

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Actually, we won. :)

9. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

http://www.nfl.com/players/tylerthigpen/profile?id=THI677677

Here are some Thigpen stats:

15 TDs, 9 INTs, 2,000 yds despite only starting for 9 games
    He is mobile and has 325 rushing yards, averaging 6 yds a carry.

Thigpen has already become the first KC QB to score a TD passing, rushing and receiving. He's a talented player with a bright future, I'd trade Clemons or Ainge for him.

10. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I hate when people dismiss people who watch fantasy football. I view football through three different ways: as a fan, as a fantasy football player, and as a bettor, and each provides a different perspective.

Carlson has 601 yards and 4 touchdowns.

Keller has 509 yards and 3 touchdowns.

He's their leading receiver by a wide margin. A lot of that is due to injuries, but they're sure to go against him. Just because it has to do with fantasy football doesn't mean a 100 yard performance against the Cowboys should be dismissed. He's a good player, and we struggle a lot against the tight end.

11. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

we will consistently see a 3 down lineman in blitzing situations only to see a drag route or a dump off gain just enough for a first down