Brett Favre: "These games could be my last"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetfanmack, Dec 17, 2008.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

He requested that I dig it up. I guess you missed that part.

Really? A lot of people felt that way? Who are all these people? I only know of one, I guess you're #2? That would explain a lot.

It's still possible that we could make the superbowl isn't it? FTR, I never said he was the difference. I did say he could give us a chance at a superbowl if the cards played out right though.

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Don't forget Ratliff in the equation, which makes any decisions on Clemens even more difficult.

Ratliff looked EXCELLENT in camp and preseason. Talk about muddying the waters...

3. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

The point is you still took it out of context. Not all people love Favre enough to use "Broadway Brett" to post. Many people were against this deal. And yes it's still possible to make the Super Bowl, although extremely unlikely. And then Brett will pull his usual schtick and the Jets will be back to square zero at QB.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The fact that you compare the acquisition of Favre to the personnel/circus situations of the Bengals and the Cowboys is all I'll ever need to know about your opinion of Favre. Not that I didn't already know it. Nice to see you're not denying it anymore, though.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

How the hell did I take it out of context? Your whole post that I quoted was you talking about how you hate Favre, then the quote.

My premise was that only someone who wanted to hate the man would find a way to be upset with his answer to the question the reporter asked. Then I remembered your quote from when the Favre to Jets talks were hot. Your quote was in the exact context that I quoted it. gtfoh.

I understand a lot of people don't appreciate Favre as much as I do, and that's fine. People have made good, logical arguments for that. But when people just plain hate the guy and would rather lose with someone else at QB than win with him, there comments about him don't have much value in my mind.

6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Thank you, all the brett usernames combined with the GB brett fans make the green goggles tint a little to dark for my taste.

Nobody on this team is above criticism. Any other jets QB played the last 3 games as badly as favre and we'd be circling them with a noose.

7. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The aquisition of Favre made no difference at all in our QB of the future unless you think Pennington would have sat on the bench?

Favre has clearly been up and down but he gave us our best stretch of QB play against good teams since 02 and that's a fact.

8. Long Time Jet Fan

Actually saying I'd rather lose a few more with Pennignton than win with Favre is very different from saying I'd rather lose with Pennigton that win with Favre. Secondly, to think that only someone who dislikes Favre would be upset if he pulls the same BS he's pulled the past three years is naive at best. And as much as someone who dislikes Favre might be biased, no more so than someone who uses "Broadway Brett" to post about the Jets, who believe me are more than Favre. You would seem to be a Favre fan first and a Jet fan second.

#108 Long Time Jet Fan, Dec 18, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  9. Long Time Jet Fan

That's not necessarily true. The fact that Pennington is playing lights out with the Dolphins when he didn't look nearly as good with the Jets means that maybe the Jets didn't know how to use him (and yes the offensive line is better this year). Also, the Jets could potentially lose a second round pick, which clearly could impact what they do in the draft regarding QB or any other position. Plus you are assuming it's a given that Pennington would have been the starter, when clearly the staff wanted Clemens to win the competition.

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Pay close attention to the games. When Favre comes off the field, it's generally Ratliffe that
    appears to be quizzing him

11. abyzmul

Practically every single time I see a QB talking to Favre, it's Ratliff. You're right about the quizzing.

12. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

That's because Clemens knows everything already.

13. winstonbiggs

I don't assume Pennington would be the starter. I assume that they weren't thrilled with either of them during the competition and that's why they pursued Favre very hard. Fact is if they believed in Clemens the Competion wouldn't have happened. Another bad Coaching move if that was the intent.

Lights out, I don't think so he's been as good as Neil O'Donnel was with us in 97, when we went from 1 & 15 to 9 & 7 without their D or running game.

#113 winstonbiggs, Dec 18, 2008
  14. WhiteShoeWillis

Please explain the major difference between the two.

Of course I'm biased, I'm a Favre fan. That doesn't change the fact that your hatred and comments are more emotionally based than logically based. Anyone that says they'd rather lose with one person than win with another is thinking emotionally rather than logically. I cannot think of a logical reason why Favres response to the question that was asked would bother anyone. Please explain if your response is something other than an emotionally charged response based purely on your hatred of the man. What logic is there behind it?

I've been a die-hard Jets fan since I started watching football in '86. I was at Giants stadium in '02 - week 17 cheering my ass off for the Jets as they beat down Favre and the Packers. Favre is one of my favorite athletes of all time but I always root for the Jets first and foremost over any individual player.

15. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

How is that a fact?

Farve played well in those games, but the best?

The tenn win was largely because our defense smacked them around and took control of the game. I dont think we threw a pass over 12 yards that game. ANd it was the first game tenn allowed a 100 yards rushing. In NE our running backs ran wild both in the running game and with screen passes. And kick returns.

I got to think we won those by being a complete team. Favre contributed.

#115 ouchy, Dec 18, 2008
  16. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Agreed. Now, if we can get that same degree of play out of him for the next two games and into the playoffs, no telling what can happen.

There's no question that we should all feel more comfortable going into this last stretch with Favre than we would have felt with either Pennington or Clemens. He's been there and done it.

Now the rest of the team needs to rally around that, truly believe in themselves and go out and execute well.

17. winstonbiggs

Comming from you that's an admission of guilt. The 04 Jets were a far better team than this team and Chad took us to 8 & 5, Quincy took as to 2 & 1. That was a complete team with an excellent D, this is a team with no pass D, weak WR and rookie TE who shows signs and a decent journeyman running back who has run well when their are huge holes and gets nothing in short yardage situations.

18. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

If we were far better in 04 then why do we have so many pro bowlers this season?

I am not turning this into Chad vs Brett. I am just saying dont give favre more credit then he deserves.

#118 ouchy, Dec 18, 2008
  19. winstonbiggs

You bring up pro bowl voting like it means something. If you believe that nonesense here's a fact, Favre is in the Pro Bowl Chad isn't.

20. abyzmul

More ownage.