Call of Duty 5

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Scikotic, Nov 5, 2008.

1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I watched Missing In Action 1 & 2 on Monday night and felt inspired...so i bought this last night...haven't cracked it open yet though. The killing starts tonight.

2. Drew

Drew Active Member

COD4 is still the best online game there is. It's the perfect game. Best game I've ever played, and that's incredibly high praise from me.

I still play that from time to time, I traded in World at War.

3. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

the more I play this game, the more I think its just as good, if not better then COD4. Love the Tanks, the extra perks, the weapons, and the pack of dogs. The Levels are pretty badass too..

4. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

The singleplayer is boring. Same old WWII-Shooter, not even a good Story or nice Levels or anything. If you are still into those WWII games, OK, but there have just been too many in the last few years that this would be a great gameing experience. The Multiplayer is once again great, thou, but it´s not really worth to spend the Money if you already got CoD4.

5. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

i only play the Multi....who really cares about the gameplay of single player these days. No one buys it for the single player anymore, so its pretty much worthless IMO. The multi has tons of new stuff that COD4 doesnt. I love most of the maps too, except Seelow. I hate that freakin level.

6. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

just bought a used PS3 60 gb backwards compatible
    i should buy COD 4 or 5?

7. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

depends on which setting you prefer

8. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

to be honest....both. They are both great multiplayer....2 games equals twice the maps....

9. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I like it....the maps are awesome...I kinda like them more than the COD4 maps....they definitely look better.

Once you get an aperture sight, you're good to go, but playing guys without a sight is friggin rough....hard to get one for all your guns when it requires goign back to the steel sight until you unlock the aperture.

10. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Aperture FTW. Although the telescopic isnt so bad for levels like Seelow or Roundhouse....

11. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

i think im in the minority in that i preferred the wwII themed call of duty's. imo call of duty 4 was just way too easy to get kills, what with all the insane modern guns and whatnot. granted there are always gonna be those who are just insane at a game, but in cod4 anyone could get lucky and get a buncha kills with those guns, even if they suck.

obviously the ww2-themed games use the guns used back then, which arentt as good as modern warfare's. it takes a little more player skill to be a good player with those guns in the ww2 formats.

12. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

your not the only one. I love COD5.

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I still think Rainbow Six Vegas is the best online shooter ever. It's not just like COD4 where guys just run and shoot and run some more. You actually had to be tactical ALL the time to be successful in RB6.

I'll pick up COD5 when Microsoft sends me 360 back from repairs.

14. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Jesus, havent they had that thing since August?

15. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

oh man i LOVED rainbow six vegas. great great game. and you're exactly right about cod4. no strategy at all. just run n gun. the fact that there could be about 16-20 players running around a map all playing that way didn't help either, and add in the insane guns.....and its just kinda messy. yeah pretty fun, but still messy.

cod2 used the most amount of strategy in any game of the entire cod series. small games, 4 v 4 at most, and add in the fact that it took skill and strategy to be successful instead of aimlessly running around and shooting.......it was my fav game of the series.

i hear cod5 is a lot less run'n'gun though, except one of the main complaints with that is there are a lot more campers lol..but yeah, i like the strategy/wwII formats

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Well I sent it to them at the beginning of September - and it's was supposed to be back in 30 days or so - I called them at the end of October, and my order is on "the list". I'm supposed to get it back sometime this month -- so hopefully any day now.

17. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

thats fucked up...I would complain to see if you can get something out of it.

18. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

That's terrible Mr.E, Me and my roommates both got ours back within 3 weeks of mailing them out. You should raise friggin hell.

Mine didnt get the RRoD, though. Shouldn't matter.

19. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

for the most part i agree that waw has weapons that are more difficult to use, but some guns are just as easy to use as the guns in modern. specifically the stg 44. that gun is almost the perfect gun, im gonna predict that within the first two weeks of the new year its the "noob" gun of cod waw.

20. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Any tips on how not to suck?