Admit it trading for Favre was a mistake

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LI JET FAN, Dec 15, 2008.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't think it's going to be that easy, or that simple. Chad may be limited, but he's got very good backs and he's got Dan Henning putting him into position to succeed.

2. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

This thread is TOTAL bullshit....without Favre we woud'nt be where we are today. Lets concentrate on getting this DEFENSE better!! I was always a Chad supporter but c'mon man! get real!

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Another brilliant post by Hobbes

Like I said earlier..... come end of that game in 2 weeks everybody around the league will realize why we let Pennington go. He isn't going to come into the Meadowlands and beat the Jets. Now the running backs may but Chad is not going to be the reason the Dolphins win that game.

4. keypusher

keypusher Member

It would have been Cade McCown starting for Miami this year. Or McNown, or whatever the hell his name was. Pennington's been quite an upgrade.

Re the posters who made the point that the Favre trade + cutting Pennington made sense under the circumstances, I agree. Re those wondering whether Pennington's been good or not -- he has been. The Wildcat hasn't really accomplished much. Even in the NE game, it was Pennington who gained all the yards. We have one of the worst receiving corps in the league (even before Camarillo got hurt) and our offensive line might be worse than last year's (despite Long). Yes, our defense is much better than last year's, but we've also benefitted from some lame opponents. No one who saw the second NE game would say Miami's defense was good. I have no idea how the Bills with Losman scored 27 points on the Jets.

The biggest thing with Pennington is the Dolphins haven't turned it over -- they might set the record for fewest turnovers this year. And it's not like he's throwing 3-yard passes, either. He's averaging a yard more per pass than Favre.

5. Bizprof

Bizprof New Member

No.
    Favre is so much fun to watch even when throwing picks. He loves the game, and his enthusiasm is infectious. This season may turn out to be a pile of shit, but I still enjoyed the chance to watch a HOF qb play.

6. FinFanInCali

FinFanInCali New Member

Who do you think has meant more to there respect team, Brett or Chad? I am biased, but due to what he has brought, and our turn around from last years 1-15 I would have to say Chad.

7. ToddisGod

ToddisGod Banned

guys it is not buy mistake that we nearly lead the league in scoring or Thomas Jones has so many yards and the record for touchdowns. Bill Parcels said the job of the QB is to get the offense into the end zone guess what brett does that and I would be curious to know the last time we scored so many points. Yes this season has had its ups and downs and Favre along with it but its been lots of fun to see some absolutely "Love" what he does and guys take one other thing into consideration does Pennington or Ratlcliffe or Clemens take some of the hits that favre has taken and play through them?

8. Fusion2006

Fusion2006 New Member

I don't think anyone is arguing that Chad has done well. But can you imagine if your fans after a 1-15 season were complaining like nuts about being 9-5 and at the top of the division?

9. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I said earlier in the thread the real difference between these two teams was Henning > Schottinthepants.

However, If this game gets flexed, it's a blowout.No way the officiating goes like it did sunday.

Favre's second INT...He takes a blow to the head by Lindell, as he's delivering the ball.

Clear Penalty, that (A: Affected the throw but...) B: Should have been 15 yds and a first, negating 3 points by Buffalo.

Also...In the 4th quarter Favre hits Keller in the EZ. Clear PI call. OFFICIALS PICK UP THE FLAG.

(Any one that tapes go back and freeze that frame...DB is clearly (it isn't even close) faceguarding, and the ball is pretty much in Kellers hands as he outjumps the DB.)

Net loss to Jets 4 points.

Thats the 7 points they had to make up with the defensive play late.

10. Hobbes3259

Brett throws picks. Brett almost never costs you the game.

Chad throws picks that cost you the game.

And see my post above about yesterdays game.

Between the officials, and DSuckashaw missing blocks at key moments, (we'll have a new LT inside of 3 years, write it down) it's a testament to how good this team really is that we won yesterday.

11. FinFanInCali

FinFanInCali New Member

I hear you. I wasn't arguing bro, just looking for input from Jet Fans such as yourself, who has meant more to there respective team.

12. Hobbes3259

jets might have 6 wins with ole noodle arm.

that said, with the regime in place most predicted 8-8 for the Phins...call it a wash.

13. JetFanInTampa

JetFanInTampa Banned

Jets 40 offensive td's Phins 30, enough said

14. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The Jets would have only 6 wins with Chad because he would be playing on a more talented team then the one he is playing on that has 9 wins.

This is a common conclusion at this site.

15. Hobbes3259

see above.^^

Do you think TJ has what he has with Ole Noodle Arm under center?

Do we have half a dozen Runs for 40+ yards ?

And...I might also add...go back and watch some tape.

The play before Leons 47 yd TD run...was a bullet from Favre for 25 yds to set up the play...

Favre has made at least 50 throws this season (go back ad look at the Tenn tape)that dont get made with Ole noodle arm slinging it.

#155 Hobbes3259, Dec 15, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

see below^^

17. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

you are wrong

18. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

Favre has not been as good as people said and thought he would be, just like Chad is not as bad as most here say he is, end of story.

19. FinFanInCali

FinFanInCali New Member

20. Hobbes3259

Thats nice. But I have two other things to support the argument. Game tape. and The general consensus.

You OTOH seem to have a pair of teal and orange #10 panties supporting your assertions..