are we getting pushed to sunday night?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jesterjetman, Dec 15, 2008.

1. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

Just wondering if my tailgate is dinner or lunch.... are they gonna flex it to sunday night

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

People need to read the threads already created. I mean, is it that hard?

3. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

alright chill, sorry i have a life and dont check every single thread to find out every single thing...

4. GreenMachine

Probably not. The game will probably be Dallas-Philly

5. DCanadian

DCanadian Active Member

Dallas can't be moved to Sunday night anymore. It has to be an AFC matchup and I'm pretty sure the Cowboys have reached their NBC max. 95% likely it'll be the Dolphins-Jets.

6. GreenMachine

Per rule, a team may appear in prime time up to five times per season, and one team may play in prime time six times.

After Saturday, the Cowboys will have played in five prime-time games, against the Eagles, Packers Redskins, Giants, and Ravens. (The Thanksgiving game against the Seahawks doesn’t count.)

So the Cowboys can be televised in prime time come Week Seventeen, and that game likely will be the first choice if Dallas beats the Ravens and if the Eagles win their next two.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

UPDATE: Oops. In calculating the Cowboys’ prime-time appearances, we overlooked the fact that the Eagles (after tonight) will have appeared in five prime-time games, too. Since only one team can go beyond the five-game limit for prime-time appearances, broadcasting the Cowboys-Eagles game would result in two teams appearing six times in prime time.

You are right..

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

UPDATE: Oops. In calculating the Cowboys’ prime-time appearances, we overlooked the fact that the Eagles (after tonight) will have appeared in five prime-time games, too. Since only one team can go beyond the five-game limit for prime-time appearances, broadcasting the Cowboys-Eagles game would result in two teams appearing six times in prime time.

8. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

They also will have to take an AFC game. It's 99.9999% likely that they will take the Jets-dolphins game for week 17.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Madden is already lubing up.

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

you don't have to check out every thread -- that is why each thread has a title that more often than not describes what it is about so you can determine which thread to check in the event that you have a life. though, I am confident having or not having a life doesn't causes one to simply not be aware of such remedial aspects of communication on a message forum.

#10 JetBlue, Dec 15, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  11. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

Tony Kornheiser has asked NBC if he can join Madden in the booth for the game. Michaels is being asked to wear a Favre costume to the booth.

12. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

hahahaa, got to love the Frank Caliendo impression of Madden's man love for Farve.

13. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

So, since the Pats went and asked the League for the Back-to-Back West Coast package deal, can we go to the League and ask them not to change our last fucking game with huge playoff implications from 1pm, since those are the only games we've consistently won here at home?

If the Titans lose next game (which they will since they face the Steelers giving them a 12-3 record), they would go to Week 17 to play the Indianapolis Colts (who at that point would be 11-4). Why not move that game? It has Divisional implications as well as a first round bye in the Playoffs for the #2 seed?

Cause this is some bullshit. I just wish they'd leave the Jets games alone.

14. slimjasi

1) Even IF (I'm not sure why you are so confident) the Steelers beat the Titans and the scenario you proposed plays itself out, there is no way they take the Titans-colts matchup over the Jets-Dolphins for the NBC primetime game. The Titans have already clinched the AFC South and a 1st round bye. The Jets-Dolphins game will be for a division title, and very likely, will be a playoff elimination game.

2) I'm Just curious but are you a season ticket holder who will be going to the game?? If so, then I totally understand your frustration. If not, then I guess I'm just wondering why you are so bent out of shape over the prospect of the Jets playing in primtime against the hated dolphins for the division title.

3) Personally, there is nothing more exciting to me as a fan than watching the Jets play for the division in primetime. However, I have to admit that, traditionally, I have always preferred the 1pm starting time for the Jets.

#14 slimjasi, Dec 15, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  15. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

According to an NBC spokesperson, the network's flex schedule will be decided by NFL officials after the conclusion of this weekend's games, and announced next Monday.

Along with the Dec. 28th Dolphins-Jets showdown, which could decide the AFC East winner if both teams win this Sunday, Dallas playing at Philadelphia, and the Giants playing at Minnesota are also believed to be strong contender for NBC's Week 17 primetime game.

16. slimjasi

This has been mentioned many times but the Dallas-philly game CANNOT be the game they flex to. Dallas and Philladelphia have both used up their number of alloted primetime games for the season. It will either be Jets-Dolphins or Giants-Vikings. (And quite frankly, if the Jets-dolphins game is really for the AFC east title, I would be very surprised if they didn't choose the Jets-dolphins)

17. fireguy404

fireguy404 New Member

The word I'm hearing at work is that it's going to be Jets/Dolphins (assuming they both win next Sunday). The Giants aren't as likely unless it's for a 1st round bye.

18. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

I hope we beat the Fish otherwise it could get ugly 13 days from now.Does any one remember a game from 20+ years on a Monday night when the Jets were getting their brains beat in at the Meadowlands.I believe the opponent was Buffalo,was it someone else?)and the game was out of hand in Buffalo's favor. As the game continued people were setting fires in the stands and were p****g on them to put them out. The cameras of course saw all this.:drunk: That ended the sale of alchol at night games and Giant fans continue to blame us for no beer at night games.:beer:

19. SameOldJets2008

SameOldJets2008 New Member

dude if the game is essentially a one game playoff, win and your in lose and you go home, i dont see how they couldnt put it on primetime

20. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

It's gonna be the Sunday night game. They wanna get Favre on TV. It could be his last game. The game is essentially a playoff game. Pennington back at the Meadowlands with a chance to knock off the Jets is a huge story.