Admit it trading for Favre was a mistake

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LI JET FAN, Dec 15, 2008.

1. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

EXACTLY! Best point in this thread.

2. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

These threads are like Ground Hog Day

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Pennington?

Outdoors in December ? This Aint 2002.

And yes, the Jets have been in a slump for the last 3 weeks...But they've still outscored Miami....

4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

While Favre has not looked as good as many of us had hoped for, I want all the "Favre was a mistake" crowd to think of one thing........ Chad's performance last season.

Did any of you have ANY confidence that he could get it done this year?

Favre has had great moments and bad ones this year, but one thing that can't be denioed is the hope and energy that his presence added to the environment.

The FO took a shot...... while they may not have hit a homerun, I'm happy they at least swung for the fence.

5. azpackjetfan

azpackjetfan New Member

I really don't understand this argument. The Jets have scored more points that any team in the AFC. And more TD's in the NFL including Arizona and New Orleans. Their defense is hemmoraging about 23 points per game. They are making some big plays too and it's a team game so it is what it is. But, the offense is scoring plenty of points to win.
    Miami with Chad is scoring 100 points less than NY. I think that have 32 TD's to our 47. And anyone watching the games would know that their offense is working with pretty good field position for most of their games. Their defense lately has been lights out. They are averaging only giving up 19 points per game on the year. And in the last three, about 6 or 7.
    If our defense can keep the Dolphins in check considering we beat Seattle, I don't see how our offense won't be able to outscore them. We'll have to hang 28 on them to beat them, but I think we'll do it.
    Our offense looked a lot better in the first half yesterday and should countinue to improve down the stretch. Plus that TD to Cotchery, only a few QB can make that throw with the least amount of separation. Chad is not one of them.
    Pennington is more cafeful with the ball, something that would kill this team this year. Punting and putting your defense out there is not a recipe for success. In nearly every game I see about 4-5 throws that potentially sustain drives that I dont' think Pennington can make. We'll see now, won't we.

6. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

I'm tired of this stuff, I'm sitting it out. Have fun (if that's what it is to you).
    Give it up. He's not interested in facts or reason. He's the type of guy that sees a few bad plays and forgets about all the good ones. Anything short of highlight reel throws every other play was gonna be a letdown for him. You just can't reason with people like that.

7. greenwhite&nogold

greenwhite&nogold New Member

Yeah, Favre sucks. He should be throwing for 6 TDs in every game - WTF. And His

completion percentage shows how much he sucks; Only 67.6%, come on now... that

sucks. Heck, if we had Penny right now we'd have a record of 12-4 this year (but

sometimes I'm dyslexic). We should have had the division all wrapped up in week 10 with a 10-0 record.

Chad would have done it. Every loss we've had this year has been Brett's fault. Every

pick he's had has cost us the game. Everyone else is playing awesome and Favre is

clearly the weak link every week. The fact that we beat the Patriots or the Titans

wasn't any credit to Favre - we just got lucky. I fully expect the Jets to score 6 points

,at best, in the next two games. Nevermind the fact that our offense is the second

highest scoring team. Stats can be deceiving! Favre is at best an average QB. Every

time he throws the ball, it's uncatchable. Cotchery and Coles would be catching all of

those passes if Brett could put it in the right spot. The guy has no arm, and most of all,

he can't scramble like Pennington. If only he could run like Penny, then we'd have a

real QB. Nevermind the fact that we're 9-5. Most of those wins were luck. We are

clearly the worst team in the NFL. I mean, who loses 5 games and expects to make the

playoffs. I sure wish we had Chad back.

8. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

You so totally read my mind!! Don't forget that Brett plays really crappy coverage and can't stop the run lately, either.

Brett has brought this organization to it's knees with his ineptitude!

Unreal.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Why should the Jets worry? They have Seattle and Miami left and it couldn't be any easier than that.

10. kmj6z

kmj6z New Member

really though, it is insane that Chad was dropped and not traded out of the division, while Favre is better than Chad, Id rather have Chad and have Miami not be a contender

11. GreenBleeder69

So let's not fix the awful defense, and just put it on the shoulders of one guy. Good call coach! I guess being 3rd in the NFL in pts. per game is something we gotta work on. If only Chad were here to help this atrocious offense.

12. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

Project much?

13. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

How would the Jets have done that, exactly?

Please, lay out the day by day activities of Jets management to obtain such an outcome.

14. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I don't want Chaids.

15. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

LIsten for all those who worship at Favre's feet. He's thrown 21TD's.He's also thrown 17 INT's. That's not HOF material imho. Also what does it say when Mangini told him earlier this season not to throw blindly down field as he did in yesterday's game. My ownly loyalty is to the Jets.I have no loyalty to Favre because he won his SB's with GB.The real question here is have the Jets gotten what they expected out of Favre so far? The answer is coming in the next 2 weeks. He was brought in here to win games,not to manage them!

16. greenwhite&nogold

It hasn't crossed your mind that... maybe the Jets tried to trade Chad... and

that the only answer they got was "Sorry, we're not interested". Miami wanted

him, but they knew that no one else did. Thus, they knew the Jets would be

forced to release him and they could get him without having to give up

anything.

So, you think that had we kept Pennington, that we'd be 9-5 right now and

that the Dolphins wouldn't be a contender?

17. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Yea, what the hell are you talking about man?!?!

18. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

So why don't you let the next two weeks play out?

19. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I agree with your post, wholeheartedly!
    I don't care what any of you guys say, FAVRE IS DONE! The guy cannot lead this team down the field for a game winning TD. He does not instill the confidence in you that he can get the job done.
    This is why we've lost the last 2, and shoulda lost yesterday. Teams are not afraid of Favre beating them deep, anymore. All his deep throws look like a last minute hail mary! They are blitzing us, and taking away the short pass!!

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, stop drinking the Favre coolaid. WE NEED A QB!!

20. greenwhite&nogold

Brett Favre NOT HALL OF FAME MATERIAL, that's laughable. I don't want to hurl insults about your football knowledge here. But seriously, when did you start watching football? Were you even watching football in the 1990s. Did you even watch football last year? You do realize that Favre was runner-up for MVP last year? Oh and BTW, he won the thing three times in the 90s.

Now I won't disagree with you about this year, he's had a decent year. Not spectacular, not an MVP performance, but by no means a bad year.

Let me put it to you like this, If Peyton Manning is still playing in 2014 and doesn't put up the performances that we saw from 2000-2007, would you not consider him for the HOF? Should they have not included Jerry Rice in the HOF because he played too long and ended his career as an average receiver who struggled to even make the team (Raiders, Seahawks, etc.)? Just some food for thought.

You can argue Brett's performance this year, that's debatable. You can argue whether or not Chad would have done just as well and whether or not we should have kept him. Because, truth is, we don't know the answer to either of those. Those are opinions and we'll never know the answer. I can respect that. However, to say that Favre isn't HOF material is absolutely retarded. Favre is going to be in the Hall of Fame (first ballot). That's a forgone conclusion, a fact.

#60 greenwhite&nogold, Dec 15, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2008