LC comments to SF press

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by babyknight, Dec 7, 2008.

1. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

wow when i first read i thought it was an article out of the Onion or something...seems kinda comical

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

So Biden was the man every democrat supposedly looked to before Obama came around? Or is Biden taking shot at his own camp? With all due respect, it's not even close.

3. Fusion2006

Fusion2006 New Member

I just think its lame and not the time. Your 8-4, last year you were 4-12. Keep your mouth shut.

IF Randy Moss can go all of last year without saying something about Brady getting all of the credit, then you can too. "The offence ran through me". WHAT? He's made the Pro Bowl ONCE I think. He is not "feared".

Who cares who gets the credit, be a man and show up and play and don't say anything negative about your teammates, especially wne your 8-4

4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Rather, dolfags. Coles will be living happily ever after, catching the soft lob from his BF Chad.

5. IATA

IATA Trolls

Quote of the day:

Still, the Jugs machine trails Favre by a wide margin in the MVP race.

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Not the time to answer the questions by the press. Maybe he'll just ignore them and everyone can bug out about that too. Again, you don't know what he was asked.

7. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Coles has been a crybaby his entire career. Not sure why anyone is surprised by these comments. I've thought in the past they should have cut this asswipe and his comments just reinforce those thoughts. He is an above average WR, but he is not as good as his opinion of himself. Hopefully the Jets draft a WR high next year and ship LC out of town.

8. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Yeah, I like that one too. ;) Good writer!

9. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Coles got his money and now he is bitching again? What a shocker. I do agree with most of his comments but he should not be saying this to the press.

10. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

i dunno, without the questions in the original article its just BS and someone trying to stir up discontent in the jets locker room, so his Niners dont get their ass kicked.

I betcha with the questions tossed in, all of his answers are decent, and while they could potentially sound "prick-ish" all the same, the questions prompt the answers. its not like coles found the nearest San fran reporter (cuz they are oh so hard to find in NY) grabbed and said, listen to me, you need to write an article in the paper, and qoute me exactly, ......... and says all these things. jesus people reporters are payed to be tricky bastards that get you answer questions where the answer, without the question makes you like an asshole to the world!

11. pender30

pender30 Member

I agree. He bitched until he got traded to Washington and then got a huge deal. He bitched again, got traded back, and got more money again. Then he bitched again to get more money. Now he's not happy with how many looks he gets in the offense even though he's on a team that's headed to the playoffs. I love the effort this guy always brings, but he's too selfish and can't help himself from becoming a distraction.

12. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Coles clearly wasn't even trying in the 2nd half against Denver. He's dropped so many passes this year.

I don't get it: he'd rather go 4-12 with Chad than be 8-4 with Favre?? He sounds like a loser and a crybaby.

And when did the offense ever "go through him"?

13. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Normally I would chalk this up to brain damage from multiple concussions but Coles history of lashing out at everyone makes me believe this is just more of the same.

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

He's got issues, and a history of being a PIA, but it's Hard to pass judgements on such a poorly written article with quotes taken out of context.

15. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

This is a clear example of "taken out of Context".

wow!

16. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Sorry the transcript was in the SF papers so it is what it is which is LC dumping on BF so stop making alibis for LC

17. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Coles is one of these guys that they try to imply is a team player but when given the chance, shows he's really not.

18. WickedBadMan

WickedBadMan New Member

Even though I think the some of it is being taken out of context...

Would LC really rather have the offense "run through him" (which is a joke in itself... no offense runs through a WR), or be 8-4 looking at the playoffs?

19. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I can't believe the reaction to this. Why don't we petition the Jets to cut every player who is reported to have said something we disagree with.

Then we can spend the rest of our time bitching about how reporters are assholes who make stuff up and report out of context and don't give the Jets the credit they deserve and don't know anything about football.

And then when they report that another player on our team has said something we don't agree with we can petition the front office to cut him.

We can repeat this until we get dizzy and throw up.

20. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Sorry but what was in the SF papers is not what it is as you put it.

Puddnhead posted from another article that filled in where the SF paper left out.

When you fill in around the quotes with what else was said it does not seem near what many are making it out to be.

I am sure the rest of the quotes were taken just as far out of contaxt as this one.

Reporters will know to a degree how the majority of a fanbase views a player and they will slant the article in that direction and let the fans take it over from there.

It obviously worked in this case.