LC comments to SF press

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by babyknight, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Coles has not been happy since his buddy chad left town. Get over it and play some football. He acts like he is the only receiver on the team. Baker production has been down this year because Keller is doing so well and you don't hear him crying to the media. Small cancer cells must be cut out before they grow.
    :shit:

2. DCanadian

DCanadian Active Member

Even then. All his answers are me, me, me.

3. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

When LC becomes 1 of the elite WRs in this league then maybe we will allow him to talk like this. Until then STFU LC and just play the dam game.

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

If the question is directly pointed at his role, the answer should logically include him, no?

5. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Coles played like shit last week. WTF is he thinking coming up with this crap now?

6. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

what a dumb story.....you could take anyone's comments all season and makeit look that way.....retarded.....they wouldn't do this with Mangini's quotes

7. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Mods, can we merge the two Coles threads?

8. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

I don't know if you want to trade him to a division rival. You could trade him to a team that is in dire need of WR talent (like the Titans) or do everything possible to get him out of the conference.

As for Will Allen, he's great in run support but has trouble playing the ball in the air. I've followed his career in Miami because the Giants and Dolphins essentially traded Allen for Sam Madison (though it was via FA). Allen is younger, stronger, faster, and more athletic than Madison; but he's not good at playing the ball in the air and couldn't catch AIDS if he changed Magic Johnson's diaper.

If the Jets are that hard-up for a CB they may look to send Coles and a 1st rounder to Oakland for Asomugha (sp?). They've had issues with locking him up long-term for some time now.

9. DCanadian

DCanadian Active Member

"I catch balls from the Jugs machine. The ball probably comes out harder from there than it does from anywhere else."

What a prick answer.

10. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Broadway Brett, I see your point, but with all due respect, even if you imagine the questions as favorabley as possible, that last comment still does not come out sounding very well:
    Hard not to interpret that as "Favre is getting the credit but he doesn't deserve it (the ones who deserve it don't get it).

I'm curious who he thinks deserves credit in the offense. Keller and Washington definitely get a lot of positive press, the O-line was really being built up too, we just had an article yesterday from NY Times talking about the potential career season Jones is having. Whose left? Richardson, Coles, Stuckey, Cotchery. If he's talking about Richardson, I'm right with you there buddy, I've said as much myself here repeatedly he's a big component of the run success that is not getting credit. But I'm guessing he's not talking about Richardson, he's talking about a guy named ... Coles. You know, the guy who USED to be the big man on the field, as he said.

11. allan1

allan1 Active Member

Lavern...not this shit again

12. WhiteShoeWillis

A prick answer to WHAT? We don't know the question.

God I hate it when everyone shits all over Coles. We don't even know what was asked to get these quotes. You guys took the authors bait, hook, line and sinker.

13. WhiteShoeWillis

I'll agree to the last one - that was a poor choice of words regardless of the question asked. His point is actually a good one, but he should have thought a bit more before spitting those words out.

#33 WhiteShoeWillis, Dec 7, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  14. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Well it does. How is that a prick answer? They probaly asked him if it is hard catching balls thrown as hard as Favre throws, he said no because he practices with w jugs machine that can launch it faster than any NFL QB throws.....it's a legit answer....

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I can't believ that punk said those things. He should be benched just like anybody else on any other team would be. Of course Mangini is spineless as well as incompetent.

16. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Maybe we could get the Redskins interested again?

17. DCanadian

DCanadian Active Member

This isn't the first time a Favre WR has been asked about catching his fastballs. And out of the answers from those WRs, no matter how the question was asked, did you ever hear that type of answer. Lavern is a prick and he's clearly jealous of Favre.

And at least the WRs in the league who act like divas are actually good, and legit #1 receivers. Coles is an above average #2 at best. He should keep his mouth shut and consider himself fortunate to be able to catch passes from a HOFer like Favre.

#37 DCanadian, Dec 7, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  18. WhiteShoeWillis

So if the question was
    Then
    Is a prick answer?

GTFOH

19. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

OK. I found some of the excerpt that put a little more meat on the context of the interview, and it sounds a bit better:

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2008/12/03/coles-says-jets-are-about-more-than-favre/

20. Mr. Papagiorgio

yahoo.com: