The Official "Who should i start?" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by German Jets Fan, Sep 5, 2007.

1. tdoublee

tdoublee Active Member

The age-old question: Coles or Cotchery??

My gut is telling me Cotchery is gonna have a good game but my mind says stick with Coles. Cotch is available off the wire so I have to move fast if I go that route.

Is Champ Bailey still hurt? I would think he will draw Coles.

A third option is D. Bowe. He has a potentially tough matchup but he usually does OK against Oak.

2. jetsyankeesfan6

jetsyankeesfan6 New Member

Should I start Matt Forte against Minnesota's run D, with no lead blocker (fullback got injured in practice) or Leon Washington?

3. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Tough one. I'd probably start Forte anyway, but his upside is limited. If you want to swing for the fences, start Leon, but keep in mind, his touches are limited. Just for that reason, I'd start Forte, just because you know he'll get the ball a lot.

4. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Ted Ginn at STL or Santonio Holmes at NE? (or Braylon Edwards vs Indy).

5. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

That?s a tough one, but Forte already proved, that he?s matchup-prone (56 yards, TD against Minny and 72 yards against Ten), but my gut tells me, that Leon will rip Denver apart. I?d probably start Leon even thou starting Forte would be the smart thing to do.

I don?t think that the Phish will throw a lot, especially not Deep, but Pitt may have to, I?d go with Holmes. Screw Edwards.

6. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

Ok, now that Burress shot himself, should I start Hixon or Kevin Walter? Also, loyalties aside, would you start Keller or Owen Daniels?

#726 F Miami, Nov 30, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Right now Keller. Daniels has done f*ckall the last 3 weeks while Keller's come alive. Take the hot hand IMO.

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

pick one brandon jacobs leon washington justin fargas

9. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Between those three? Jacobs is the no-brainer so long as the knee doesn't flare up again.

Who do I start at flex this week, Cotchery or Davone Bess? Already have Roddy White and Marshall starting at receiver and Jacobs and Gore starting at RB. Favre and Keller starting at QB and TE so I'm not sure I should go with three Jets this week after they cost me homefield and a bye last week :p

Oh and do I stick with the Minnesota D now that the Willamses are suspended? Philly's my other D and I don't want to play them.

10. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Fuck this thread.

I missed the playoffs on a goddamn tiebreaker. How does 7-6 not make it in a league where 6/10 make it....

excuse me...

11. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

SF is tough to run on, but easy to throw on, go with 3 Jets.

The Giants are a tough O to start a FF-D agaisnt, so I would stick with the Vikes.

OK, last Regular season Weekend, If I win i?m in. 0.5 PPR League, need a RB2 and a Flex

Reggie Bush (Atl)
    McFadden (@SD)
    Ronnie Brown (@Buf)
    Santana Moss (@Bal)
    Sammy Morris (@Sea)
    DeSean Jackson (@NYG)
    Domenik Hixon (Phi)

12. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

Favre vs SAN FRAN or M. Ryan vs NEW ORLEANS

A. Gonzalez vs CINCI or V. Jackson vs OAKLAND

Playoffs now!!!!

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Ryan. He;s been lighting it up of late and NO isn't spectacular on D

Jackson. Even though he had a couple of down weeks since Chambers returned.. it's Oakland.

McNabb vs. NYG or Pennington @ Buff?

14. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

tough spot for me here,

My rbs, Adrian Peterson (Det), Steve Slaton (GB), Ronnie Brown (Buf)

My recievers, Larry Fitzgerald (Stl), Hines Ward (Dal), Lance Moore (Atl), Eddie Royal (KC), Donald Driver (Hou)

I get to start 2 rbs, and 2 WR with a flex play, meaning i get to choose either a third RB, or a third WR.

Obviously I am starting Adrian Peterson against the Lions, and Fitz against St. Louis. But I am having a tough time choosing a second WR and my flex, as I believe i am going with Slaton (against #27 rush defense, and coming off huge game last Monday night) as my # 2 rb.
    at WR I am stumped as to whether I should go with Ward, Moore or Royal? Moore has a TD grab in 5 straight weeks Royal has better numbers since the bye than marshall (and he just tore us a new asshole) and Ward is constantly reliable. Driver also put up solid numbers last week, but he is more of a reserve drawing dead kind of must play for me.

Also at the flex I have started the triangle of Brown, Slaton and Peterson, and it hasnt steered me wrong yet, but is this the week to bench Brown for a reciever? Brown was piss poor the last time he played the bills, and Williams has started eating into his carries, especially down in the red zone...... what do i do?

also since im already here, who would you go with at TE this week? Gates or Keller? Gates has Oak and Keller has San Fran? Being a Jets homer, I expect Keller to have another big day, but Gates has the woeful Oak secondary (at least when covering the TE) ...... I believe i am going Gates, but man oh man is Keller hot right now.....

15. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I am going Mcnabb there, he knows he is playing for his job, so he is going to be extra careful with the ball. Plus westbrook is back, so i see lots of yardage in dumpoffs and screens to him. and merely having westbrook opens up the offense and passing lanes.

I just flat out do not trust CP in an AFCE game, where he absolutely has to have the win. Bills D will be pressing and doing everything they can to force him into making mistakes. which is exactly what I expect him to do late in the game when they need it most. I expect the Bills to win this game, snag their first division win, and give us the full 2 game cushion we need to win this freaking division without it coming down to the last week of the season

16. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

If the weather is crappy again this week avoid Bush like the plague. I have brown this week too and am unsure about starting him because i expect the bills to win this game. I do like both Jackson and Hixon but doubt either will put up dominating performances (Ie. 70 yards and a td) I also doubt either catches a TD, but if one will its Jackson. Sammy Morris is not great for PPR (at least thats my take) Santana has to contend with a top Defense so he is a tough play, but I pick him over Jackson and Hixon.

My guess is Mcfadden at rb 2 if the weather is shitty in NO, otherwise go bush, he will actually catch the ball this week. as for a flex, if you believe brown is in for a big week he's your man, if not coin flip between Moss and Mcfadden...

17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

OK I made a last minute roster adjustment....

McNabb vs NYG
    or
    Shaub vs GB

18. RLUCAS4137

RLUCAS4137 Member

19. RLUCAS4137

RLUCAS4137 Member

TO @ Pitt
    Hixon @ Phi
    Toomer @ Phi

It's hard benching superstars, but I'm in the playoffs now and need to w/ the best matchup.

My gut tells me Toomer catches 2 redzone TDs and has around 40-50 yds.

20. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

bump... little help guys?