Green Bay Packers

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 4transplant4, Nov 25, 2008.

1. 4transplant4

4transplant4 New Member

Boy oh Boy...their fans are pissed! Too bad, so sad. Favre's got to be laughing (just a little) on the inside.

2. DCanadian

DCanadian Active Member

It really isn't Rodgers or the offence's fault though. I don't think they would be any better with Favre. Their defense is shameful.

3. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Well, looks like he got out right in time.

I think they'll win a few more though -- and in that division, they still have a legitimate shot at the playoffs.

4. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

I put the pack somewhere around the middle of the league. OK offense matched with an average defense.

Could be worse.

5. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Oh come on. Shameful is a harsh word.

The Detroit Lions defense is shameful. The Denver Broncos defense is shameful.

The Packers are ranked 6th against the pass after last night's game. They slipped up with a 50 burger against the top offense in the league. It happens. They're number one in the AFC in INT's and they're number one in the league in defensive touchdowns with 7. That's not shameful. That's pretty goddamn good actually.

6. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

I post on a neutral NFL forum.

Those fans are really feeling down about their team. Sorry to all of them

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Rodgers looks like he's going to be a pretty good QB. I still think they were dumb to play for the future when they had a 13-3 team, but the future at the QB position does look good IMO. He can lay the leather when he throws an INT too.

8. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

No worries, the Packers got the Bush scumbag Ari Fleischer. Incoming story of Favre helping the Bears

9. DCanadian

DCanadian Active Member

Last night was shameful.
    And I think the Packers made the right decision to go with Rodgers not because he's better than Favre (he isn't) but because if they decided to take Favre back they would probably be left with neither after this season.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Why? They could have extended Rodgers' contract.

11. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

I think he's better for that team than Favre, last night was a bit of an abberation, usually that D is going to play much better, and Rodgers is better at playing within the system than Favre, who still has a tendency to let it fly into coverage, and take chances, the coaches want to make that a run heavy offense, which makes sense in the NFC North.

12. Bob_Nelson

Bob_Nelson New Member

Only problem is they have a GM who doesn't sign free agents and doesn't draft for need. You can say you want to run the ball all you want, but if you can't control the line of scrimmage its a moot point. They need to overhaul the offensive line.

13. 4transplant4

4transplant4 New Member

You're drunk or you're kidding, right? They were total blubbering idiots for shutting the door on Favre. What planet have you been on?!?

14. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

really, have you watched the packers the last few years? Last year Favre was very good most of the year, the 2 yeard before he was awful, the rest of that team is pretty young, and Rodgers has been excellent, none of their losses have been his fault, at a certain point they needed to hand the team over to him and now seemed like the best time to them. They're still going to make the playoffs, then lose because they can't stop the run. Favre would not have made that team any better than it is now.

15. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

Rodgers isn't bad, its not as if they've somehow destroyed the franchise. Favre only had 1-2 years in him, they got something back in the trade and Rodgers is at worst an average QB. GB made a mistake, but it wasn't a huge one. Not going after Moss was prolly a bigger mistake for them.

16. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

I have several friends who are Pack fans and they are not in any way sorry BF is with the Jets. They all believe that the right move was to go with Rodgers and they now all root for the jets too.

I actually have more negative things to say about the GB FO than they.

17. Popeye's Army

Popeye's Army New Member

The Packers have been building the OL in the draft for the last several years. They always have at least one mid round pick for a lineman each draft. They've done a good job getting starters from their draft picks. It's the smart way to build a team.

As far as Rodgers, I'd say he will be an above-average QB in the league for a long time. He's got the skills & arm. All he needs now is more time under center. And before the injuries he looked great. So I think GB made the difficult but correct choice for the franchise's long term future.

18. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

You got a rookie QB and have got to expect that he is going to have some tough outings. At least the guy is getting the experience. I dont think the packers would be much better with Favre starting and they would not have gotten the rook the playtime he needs to develop.

19. GreenMachine

Rodgers is not a rookie

20. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

I doubt it. I doubt Rodgers would agree to a contract extension. Remember, he was potentially the number one overall pick. First round quarterbacks typically don't have to warm benches for 3 to 4 years. If Favre came back this season, Rodgers would've walked to another team in the ensuing off-season.

The real dip shit move in the entire Favre/Rodgers/Packers fiasco was drafting Aaron Rodgers in the first place.