Tennessee fans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brien O'Ken, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Brien O'Ken

Brien O'Ken Member

I wasn't at the game. I'm just going by what I heard on TV. It sounded like the booing got louder after the replay would have been shown on the jumbo stadium TV, so I assumed the fans would have gotten a better look at how the PI call was legitimate. But I didn't consider that it still would have been hard to tell and I didn't consider that whole "mob mentality" aspect you were talking about. Those are fair arguments.

2. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

"Same old Titans"

I mean seriously, they have been mediocre for years and now suddenly they cant even give credit where credit is due because "there is no way the lowly Jets (atop their division) could be better than us" Get over it, Sunday we were the better team. What happens later happens later, but at this moment the nod should slightly go to the Jets as being the best team in the AFC. This could all change next week but thats how the NFL goes. Such cry babies.

This is not directed at you Bipolar, but to the general populous over at the titans boards.

#82 thejetsaddict, Nov 24, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  3. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That and on week 3 we were still adjusting to the new personel, our oline play is much better now than when we played earlier this season. Likewise we were still trying to figure out the best way to use Brett Favre where we went from a team that ran way too much, to Favre being way too careless with the football until now that we look like a much more smoothly run offense. We knew it was a bit of a gamble to bring in all these mercenaries and we struggled early because of the transition but it is paying off now in a big way.

4. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I was in Tennessee for the Game in 06. I met Rick Lyle's parents (Former Jets now/or then? a coach for the Titans) I found the fans very respectful (We won then too) even in a loss . I guess its sour grapes down in country music land!

5. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Banned castoffs? This is the one and only football site I have ever been a member of. And I am sure there are alot more like me.

And the first half of that game was not easy. 10-3 is not a big lead.

6. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Fisher was asked about the two calls.

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

And the titans biggest problems are their receivers. They are awful.

8. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Having McCareins in the starting lineup speaks volumes.

But 3rd and Draw has a good point also about Fisher tandem-skydiving into practice. First of all, tandem skydiving is for wussies and outright cowardly wimps. I used to jump out of perfectly good C-130's with the 82nd Airborne Division at Ft. Bragg, and we would have scoffed at the idea. So I'm not sure what Fisher thought he was proving or who he thought he was "motivating" by doing that, but it's strange indeed for him to think this was anything but the complete and utter self-agrandizing distraction it had to be during what should have been a week of complete immersal into the NY Jets.

Secondly, if I owned the Titans, I'd have to question WTF he was thinking. Seriously. You need to be in the building going over game film of the Patriots game and trying to figure out how the hell you're going to stop our running game, Dustin Keller and ouor WRs.

Instead he's out of the building over at some airstrip receiving last minute safety instructions on what the game-plan is going to be while exiting the aircraft, the fall down, and how you can best land without spraining your ankle.

The whole thing is quite bizaare to say the least. I suppose if the Titans make the Superbowl, the team will need to be "motivated" again. What's next? A Harry Houdini stunt in which Jeff Fisher is handcuffed and dropped in a fish tank?

Yeah... that really motivates me to play better football. Totally amateurish.

#88 Section 227. Row 5, Nov 24, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  9. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

The refs didn't call several PIs on Keller and Coles, ignored an obvious hold by Mawae on Jenkins, and let the Titans go on several offensive holds by WRs all first half. Then apparently, seeing as the Jets are the better team and were dominating anyway, the refs decided to stop cheating for the Titans.

If you want to whine about the refs, they're the only thing that kept the Jets from going up 20-3 in the first half. The refs hate the Jets.

Or you could just admit the refs were okay and didn't cause the loss. Up to you.

10. Bipolar The Titan

Bipolar The Titan New Member

It is and they are.

11. Bipolar The Titan

Nashville fans are incredibly welcoming and hospitable, polite and courteous. Respectful to say the least. They are also fairly tolerant.

I'd rather the Titans get the shit beat out of them by a division leader at 1pm Sunday on a regional broadcast than lose a squeaker against a winless squad on Thanksgiving day.

12. Bipolar The Titan

one of the Jet fans that was stirring the pot characterized this message board as Alcatraz for Jets fans more or less. That's just what he said.

13. Bipolar The Titan

you guys are looking good. I'm shocked. I wasn't thinking the Jets would get anywhere near as good as they are now at the beginning of the year. Mad props.

14. Bipolar The Titan

I am here as a representative of myself and gotitans.com where no one is placing blame where it doesn't belong. The only thing I'm crying about is posts like this that are alleging my friends are being poor sports. Most of you must be just taking others word for it but I am here to tell you that isn't the case, Loser talk like that draws peer criticism in my circle. To quote Tom Brady, "hey, we got our butts kicked".

15. Bipolar The Titan

i appreciate that. i will tell you why i came. it was pointed out that things were being said about us over here and I just wanted to come and represent and demonstrate the class and sportsmanship that some here felt seemed to be lacking from us. I should quit while I am ahead but I'll just level with you. I am not the typical vagabond that stumbles in and acts like a total jerk.

Your comments in this post are over and beyond whatever I may reasonably expect and they are much appreciated. Hopefully the Jets will collide with the Titans again as I'd love nothing more than my team to get a shot at redemption. The Jets did the Titans quite a service.

16. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

What ever happened to Tyrone Calico and David Givens?

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The irony is that the majority of 'banned castoffs' on Jets message boards are on the other ones. Seriously, though, this guy's posts are empty and useless whining. Basically what I've read of the 2 pathetic Titans message boards I made the mistake of browsing this past week. Boring. Utterly devoid of interesting content.

18. boogerstyles

boogerstyles New Member

Hey man, and if they do collide in the playoffs again and you guys beat us, feel free to come back here and force some of us to eat crow.

Reality is this, like any sport board, has it's jerks and it's people who just like to debate sports. It might not seem like it, but we do enjoy mixing it up with opposing fans, it spices it up from our normal self-loathing complaints.

Some people, as you know, flood your board the week before the game and rah-rah-rah about everything from your 3rd string long snapper to your cheerleaders attractiveness. Then after the game, they're nowhere to be found.

So if you can stand it, come back. But like I was suggesting, and as you probably know, this is the type of battle you can rarely win, even if you fight with dignity.

19. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

My apologies if this was posted somewhere before, but here is a commentary from a guy visiting from Germany who went to the game and came away stunned how fairweather, disinterested, and easily shut down the Titans home crowd was.

20. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I can't believe some are saying the Titans are a better team still. I thought they were suspect to begin with and I felt good about this game all along.