"Theres not alot of games left for old Brett Favre."

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Nov 23, 2008.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

-Brett Favre.

That quote makes me sad. I have never had that much fun watching a quarterback than I have with Favre. I will enjoy the rest of this season and try to cherish it.

2. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Ha, my thread is an uplifting quote that he just said.

It's really true. Favre brings a different feel to the game. I'm going to be perfectly honest with you. When Favre was talking to the press just now, I was constantly smiling. A real smile on my face, excited at what Favre has done with this Jets team, on the field, and in the locker room.

3. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Favre is still having fun and we're still winning. Not a lot of games could be this year plus another 16. That's not a lot of games, but it's still another couple seasons.

4. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Speaking on behalf of 66% of cheeseheads -- thank you, New York, for giving the man a stage to keep entertaining me for another year or two, doing his thing. And also other greater players to watch too while he's doing it!

I expecially love me some Leon :)

5. #4kicksA$$

#4kicksA$$ New Member

Hey as a life long Packer fan that followed Brett over to the Jets I know what you mean. I really can't get excited about Packer football this year without old #4 under center. But I love the Jets,and after all these years of following Brett I have learned to never say never.

6. Greencoloredglasses

Greencoloredglasses New Member

I think Brett will only retire if he wins the Lombardi Trophy.

7. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

listen....favre goes in and out of retirement .... dont listen to these things...i personally think that unless we win a SB this year...which is possible at this point...then he comes back for next year...

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

hopefully when Brett retires his winning culture will still remain

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

amen to that... thats why I want too, if Parcells created the culture, and Favre really drove it home, we might see a different franchise in the future.

10. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Well ... this is something hard for me to say, I'm really struggling with it right now ... I'm not sure that's happening in Green Bay. It's on life support right now.

11. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

please kill this...

we have him now...we're winning now...why talk about his limited time left now...its such a jets thing to do lol

12. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I really really hope that's a typo

13. Ray

Ray New Member

Yes, on behalf of all us Packer fans who now come here to get our Favre fix, thanks so much Jet fans for appreciating him.

What I find really funny, TT may have actually done Brett a favor, trading him to a better TEAM, than the Packers, :rofl: Joke's on you Teddy, Favre not going away.

14. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

In general I agree with you and I expect him back in 09'. That said, if a 39 y/o washed up hall of famer that is run out of town by the evil management hooks up with a gasping 4-12 franchise, turns it around in one season for a SB run and pulls it off--wouldn't that be a fitting swan song and just add to the "Legend"?

Sounds like a comic book but if it occurred, then I expect him to retire. Some darksider will bitch about that too.

I am not hooked into this darkside shit at all, I expect the Jets to make it to at least the AFC championship, beyond that its a crapshoot.

15. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

Not quite accurate. Favre has retired 1x and that's it. Admittedly he has thought about it. I understand that Favre's only problem in NY is that he got lost trying to find his way several times and I am sure the Jets would help with that if necessary.

16. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

In which case I'd be happy he did. If he wins us a SB, he can do whatever the hell he wants.

17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Favre is the man. There is no doubt about that. Honestly he has 5 years left with 2 quality ones. Realistically he could be done after this year.

18. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

if we win a Superbowl the whole Jets team could retire and i could get shot in a different body part everyday for the rest of my life and i would still be happy

19. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Amen Brother!!

20. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

If you watched the same game then you saw the ball with zip and accuracy, he can play a few more years if he wants. The only truely iffy pass was the int and it was a great defensive play.