Must see video! (Mike T celebrating with Jets players)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PennyandtheJets, Nov 18, 2008.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

^ 3rd and 15 draw w/Chad turns into 3rd and 15 completion to Keller w/Favre.

2. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

3. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Read my post again please? I didn't say it wasn't special treatment/different reaction. Indeed I acknowledged it was. What I said was that there is nothing wrong with it.
    Uh, yeah. that's why I put that comment in the post you replied to.

You did actually read my post before replying, right?

4. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

I was kinda getting at that in the post you replied to, but didn't come right out and say it. Thanks for drawing it out. I guess what I'm thinking is, this is what Brett was maybe looking, a GM he can relate with. He had that with Wolf and then Sherman, but once Thompson got to Green Bay all sorts of Favre vs. packers front office fires started sprouting up (the retirement wavering, the Walker holdout issue, the changing and tweaking of plays in the huddle, the beef over the failure to go after Moss, the drafting a QB in the first round, etc). He was a model "employee" before that. If what I've read is true, during the three years Thompson and Favre shared in Green Bay, they hardly ever talked, almost from the start Thompson blew off Favre.

If we learned anything from the ugly summer trainwreck in Green Bay, it was that Brett needs to feel an integral part of things, not like an hourly worker who should just do his job and "stay in his place."

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

If Tanny is hugging Brett like that at the end of the game, and Mangini's son's Middle Name is Brett, I would think this guy makes a huge impact in people's lives and thats why it seems like its special treatment.

Its actually a special person getting the treatment he deserves.

6. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

There's no special treatment at ALL from that video. Every other player besides Favre came through immediately after the game. They were relatively close to each other and only had time to give Mike T. a handshake before the next player came. if you watch the video closely, you notice that Favre came WAY after all the other players because he had to do the on field interview. Mike T stood there for minutes waiting just for Favre to come through....so of course he's gonna get a HUG

7. FinFanInCali

FinFanInCali New Member

Fitzy's got a new video out and mentions his hate for the Jets, and says New England is going to squish the fish. I would of posted it, but I don't have enough posts to post a link or start a thread.

#127 FinFanInCali, Nov 20, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  8. MauiJet

MauiJet Member

Mahalo Drew! the video makes me realize I haven't really known true love until now. I mean how many of you guys have told a girlfriend you loved her... to later separate and find a new-"better" or "higher" love. Maybe you even used the words to your new lady... "I thought I was in love before, but now, cuz of you, I really know what true love is" ? I thought I loved previous Jet teams, and maybe I did in fact love the 68 Jets, but I was too young to really be qualified ... it was really love at first sight. This 08 Jet team, as per the power of this video clip, is the first time in 40 years that I've seen something really coming together in this way, in large part because of a team leader/character such as Favre... wow... I now feel like I'm free! Yes, I said it... I said for many of you dudes who will never muster the words! Blast away... This is the longest 10 days of my life... Tennessee here we come! Go J E T S JETS JETS JETS!

9. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

it's great to see the owner in the runway there...very good. it's maybe not a grand gesture but it shows the man for whom they're playing give a sh!t. probably only a handful of owners do that. i think a lot of the players really appreciate that.

10. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

thanks very much for re-posting!

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I do see him taking more of a caring role it seems. That does mean a lot. As long as he's striving for a SB i'm happy. Hiring Tanny was a step in the right direction.

12. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

it says the video was removed! whats up with that?

13. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Ditto, thanks for putting that back up! Fuckin... awesome.

:jets::beer::up:

14. CanadaGreen

CanadaGreen New Member

Fuck Yeah! I got fucking chills watching this video..Fuck Yeah!!:beer:

15. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Fuck Yeah!!!

16. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

FUCK YEAH!

BTW can somebody re-find this video?