Must see video! (Mike T celebrating with Jets players)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PennyandtheJets, Nov 18, 2008.

1. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

I know what you mean but I think if you know the details behind how the trade went down, it would be understandable. There were articles about it back in August (probably linked here somewhere). Tannenbaum devoted a lot of time and effort to just prep work, having everything in place to make the run for Favre. So that when GB finally decided they would trade, the Jets went from 0-60 in 6 seconds and snuck in under Tampa bay's noses. I think if you also listen to Favre's first PR as a Jet in Cleveland, you'll hear even Favre was amazed at (and, ultimately, overwhelmed & gave in to) the full court press the Jets put on him over those 24-48 hours.

I guess I'm just saying that Mike T probably feels that he is personally responsible in getting Favre to the Jets, having to convince Mangini, Woody, and Favre himself to go for it where maybe they wouldn't have. It was a huge gamble, with definite consequences for his career if it failed. So I think I can understand him feeling good that the rest of the world finally saw it his way. He probably shouted "fuck yeah!" so many times peed his pants when Terry Bradshaw went all caveman on the Sunday Fox pregame against Packers management for doing the trade.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

that and the fact that Brett was responsible for a lot of what went on during that game.

Its Brett Fucking Favre.... of course you hug him like that.

I'm crying and telling him I love him after a win like that.

It cannot be measured with what #4 brings to a team. It can only be felt. *points to chest*

3. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

I understand the background and I loved the emotion of the video and I know that favre was a hard fought acquisition for Tanny. I still don't agree with putting some players on a pedestal. This is a page directly from Parcells playbook. He treats everyone the same and is not afraid to ride his superstars ie LT. It is just an opinion of mine that I don't agree with the practice of making a player bigger than the team.

4. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

I think we really need the full transcript on the end. Epic!

Mike T: Oh MAN! Fuckin Great! That's fucking GREAT!
    Brett: Oh c'mon that's fuckin better than great!
    pause
    Brett: FUCK YEAH!
    Mike T: Woohoo!!!
    Brett:FUCK YEAH!

5. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Hugging a guy is "putting him on a pedestal" ?!? Man, people can find controversies anywhere if they look hard enough, I guess!

Maybe Mike Tannenbaum should be allowed every once in a while to just act how he feels, instead of spending every waking minute acting like a robot, worrying that someone somewhere has a video camera and might put it up on youtube.

i have experience in watching a robot GM in action, trust me it's painful.

If anyone else (including Vernon Gholston) proves to be a bust, Tannenbaum's career goes on. If Brett favre had, after Mike T had straight out cut Pennington , I'm not so sure it does. So, let him just act how he probably feels, ok?

It's not like ... he named his son "Brett" or anything :rolleyes:

p.s. anyway i think you're talking about Parcells when he was the HC. Tannenbaum ain't the HC.

6. Capt. Spaulding

Capt. Spaulding New Member

H! E! L! P! HELP HELP HELP! I hope people are still reading this thread because I've been away from my computer and haven't seen this yet. The youtube one says it's expired and the only SNY one must have been the "other" video because it had very little dialogue. Please help!! This is the first thread that I have seen on this board where 6 pages of posters agree on the thread topic. THX

7. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Well, that's that.

8. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

FUCK. I never got a chance to see this video. Damn you, Youtube!

9. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Fuck I missed it! The video is no longer available due to a copy right claim by Tribune whoever the fuck they are. Fuck those motherfuckers. Did anyone copy this video and would they be willing to email it to me!

10. Drew

Drew Active Member

I saved the video yesterday. I'm uploading it to a different site. Hold on guys.

11. Drew

Drew Active Member

12. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Thanks for the upload of that vid Drew!

13. chrisrex

chrisrex Active Member

I truly appreciate the upload, but does anyone have a zipped/rar file or a way to download it without having the register somewhere

14. Drew

Drew Active Member

I can email it to you. PM me you e-mail address.

15. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

ok i need one more post in order to see this, so....yeah.

16. greenghost

greenghost Member

DrewAlmighty...YOU DA MAN!!!!

Thanks for posting!

17. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

If you don't think that was special treatment, I am not sure what is. I just believe as many other do that 'superstars' don't get special treatment from the organization. On a side note, you do know that Mangini named his kid after Brett, right?

18. JetsLookingforDWare

Top. 10. GM.

And he'll shoot up rankings over time.

This dude has been the organization's ace behind the scene for how long now? Since Parcells handpicked him pretty much...maybe even beforehand if Parcells picked him as basically the long term GM before he left.

Mike T. knows his shit.

I guess I am a homer. I like every single thing about this organization right now. *Hyperbole alert*: But really when you think about it...the passion and ability to sell an idea to a 39 semi-retired QB that may or may not really have wanted to come to a big city...especially one with a losing history....

#118 JetsLookingforDWare, Nov 19, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  19. Fraze27

Fraze27 New Member

Mike T is my hero

20. jetsleader

jetsleader New Member

Really liked Chad...but anyone here have any confidence in him leading us to those must score drives? That's the Favre intangible and the reason people will be wearing Favre Jets jerseys for years after he retires.