Brett Favre Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by packerbacker1234, Nov 11, 2008.

1. LaSeeno

LaSeeno New Member

The reason I registered.

What's up fellas!!!

I wanted to start a new thread but I need 50 posts before I can create a new thread. I am a huge Packer and Brett Favre Fan. I was stoked to hear Brett come back and once the Jets traded for him I was instantly a new york fan. It was easy because I have never had any reason to dislike the Jets.

Matter of fact, my best friend being a Bengal fan--I think I know how you guys have felt the last two decades. Dealing with personalities like Rich Kotite, Bruce Coslet, and Herm Edwards must have been frustrating to say the least.

Anyway, after lurking for three months I saw a post in the Patriots game thread that forced me to register.

forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=38088&page=70
    Seriously................... :rofl:

2. uberchink

uberchink New Member

lol there's no convincing this guy

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Junc has his convictions. He will not waiver. Its time for everyone to understand that.

4. uberchink

uberchink New Member

yeah i read that post too and had the same reaction. favre was the king at fighting off sacks back in the day and even now at his old age he's not bad.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

You convinced me, he was great. he did all he could to will the packers to the Super Bowl but it was his teammates that cost him the W not himself. Thanks for convincing me:rolleyes:

To recap: When Brett's team loses he has nothing to do w/ it, he played great but his coaches and teammates let him down and when Brett's team wins it's all b/c of the greatness of Brett Favre. Now that we have that straight can we move on?

6. uberchink

uberchink New Member

which in essence makes him a troll, at least on the subject of brett favre

7. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

he is an old man now. i would prefer him to go down like he did against the pats. it takes away the risk of injury and the risk of a patented favre int. of course it also takes away the lucky big play he occasionally gets but ill take it.

8. uberchink

uberchink New Member

now you've resorted to making shit up, nice :rofl:

apparently "not too bad" is the same as willing a team to victory

9. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

he isn't a troll. he believes what he believes. you guys dont agree. neither one of you is going to change the others mind so why continue to get in these long debates with him when neither of you ever accomplishes anything. unless you like being frustrated of course.

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Again, a guy who only talks about Brett favre and how great he has been for us despite the FACT that he hasn't isn't a troll but a guy who talks about all aspects of the jets and has been here since about '01 is a troll. Makes sense:rofl:

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

he isn't disrupting the boards flow or starting threads about QBs and who is better. He just really strongly believes what he believes is correct. I've learned there is no changing it, so I don't argue at all.

It goes away when everyone else stops the Favre-Chad BS.

The Leon Washington thread almost got ruined by LW vs Bush debates instead of praising LW for what he does. Its beyond me

12. uberchink

uberchink New Member

i give you facts and you ignore them then you start making shit up. that's what trolls do. I never said you always post like that, just when you're talking about favre.

13. uberchink

uberchink New Member

Yeah I guess you're right.

14. SameOldJets2008

SameOldJets2008 New Member

dude we prob wouldnt have won that game without favre yes, but w/o jenkins no way we are 7-3, he changes our whole defense and do you really want to go back to us getting manhandled at the line of scrimmage and teams running all over us?

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Then I guess you are just as much of a troll, right? Because no one will convince you on the opposite pole. Just agree to disagree. junc is not a troll.

16. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

Why is anyone arguing that any one player is the main reason for a team winning a game? It takes a whole team effort, and that can't be stressed strongly enough. The main reason GB beat Seattle in the playoffs is because their offensive line dominated seattle's defensive line. The reverse happened a week later when the Giants beat GB.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Without James Dearth, every special teams play would have resulted in a bad snap. James Dearth is the reason we won that game. You go, Sloth.

18. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

Was it a rookie mistake? What do you know about running a "shake" route vs. an out pattern?

You seemed to be a bit off on GB's rush yards for that game as well. Troubling for a guy who seems to know all about this game.
    IMO it shouldn't have even gone to OT. Lots of other blown plays by GB WRs and offensive linemen. Those guys don't always get the credit they deserve and they sure as hell don't always get the brunt of the criticism when its deserved. Its much more convenient to point the finger at the face of the franchise and blame him for everything.

19. uberchink

uberchink New Member

no because i listen to facts and i dont make shit up like he is. ill stop arguing with him, though, because facts mean nothing to him at least on this subject.

20. uberchink

uberchink New Member

agreed on both