Brett Favre Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by packerbacker1234, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

junc just has a hard time backing down from an argument. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for him to do so here, either, right or wrong.

2. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

So again Chad is brought up in a Favre "appreciation" thread?

Get off of Chads Jock.

Can't we just say good job Favre without the Chad BS?

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I wish they could.

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

been saying this for weeks.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I'm a troll that has been at this board aince almost the beginning not the favre lover who just showed up a few months ago- explain that one to me?

Play like he has the last 3 weeks and I'll be happy, this team is good enough where it doesn't need him to win games by himslef. Just don't make the big mistakes and we'll be good and at times when he is called upon to play great(like at NE) that he steps up.

Such a hard time that I prasied the guy after the W the other day and have said how happy I am since the Buf game. Instead of just using your perceptions how about you actually read posts?

It was the Favre fans that brought up Chad like they always seeem to do.

6. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

junc is right, the "I told you so" stuff is coming from the pro-Favre crowd. I don't think any Jet fan wants Favre to play bad so they could say they are right.

People just went way overboard with the Favre love. I can't stand it.

7. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

I wasn't aware that in GGland tenure == veracity. My apologies.

So, shall we compare birth certificates next, or can we just agree to dispense with the stupidity of that line of thought before even starting?
    Some would say that he played that way 16 weeks last year. Others, 16 years.

Oh yeah, that's right, you disagree. He was vastly overrated. Well, then I have no idea why you think he's even got a prayer suddenly gonna play better than he ever has before (which you say was not not good) at the age of 39.

You can't agree that Favre was good in the past, despite 3 MVPs, etc, or more recently just last year leading the 2nd ranked passing offense in the leagueafter the Pats. So I think it reasonable to conclude there is no friggin' chance in h#ll that you'd agree he's doing it this year, come what may. You are gonna say what you are saying, no matter what happens from here on out.

That is the definition of a troll, and I stand by it.

#187 puddnhead, Nov 17, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

if Junc isn't debating QBs he's a great poster, and highly respected..

Shake hands and agree to disagree.

9. uberchink

uberchink New Member

Everything I said was true so I don't see your point. I'm glad you finally praise Favre, even if it took a phenomenal game like NE for you to do it.

Anyways, this argument is irrelevant in this thread. It's not a Chad vs. Favre thread.

10. nyjunc

I don't care what he did in GB, what matters to me is what he is doing this year and he is STARTING to play like a great QB again. keep it up and I'll be thrilled.

When did I say Favre wasn't good? When did I say Fvare wasn't an all-time great? I just said he doesn't belong in the discussion for greatest ever. That's an exclusive list that he doesn't belong on.

I am not sure if you have realized it but I have not mentioned Chad at all.

11. uberchink

uberchink New Member

In your opinion. In the opinion of most football fans and analysts Favre deserves to be in that discussion. Not everyone, but most.

Good. Everyone else should probably not as well.

12. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I think he belongs somewhere in the discussion, but his recent history of tragic errors in playoff games would certainly make that a short discussion, at best.

13. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

That was my problem with him coming in here. It could still happen, but I'll worry about that when we get there. As junc said, what he did in Green Bay is of no importance to me. We all know the resume, it doesn't help us now any more than Boomer's heroics with the Bengals helped us when he got here.

14. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

I think it would be easier to do if did not feel the need to "disagree" 29 times (!) on this thread. I silently, unilaterally agreed to do that (agree to disagree) for many, many days, but it's gotten very old. And this is one of a half dozen threads he was doing it on. Hopefully he will not feel the urge to be disagreeable 29x6 more times.

15. uberchink

uberchink New Member

He played fine last year. Great against the Seahawks obviously and not too bad against the Giants in -10 degree weather. There was much more to that loss than Favre's INT. Very poor D and even worse run game would bigger reasons for that loss.

16. nyjunc

Outside of packer and now jet fans I don't think you'd find that most people have him near #1.

he cost the packers the title game, how did he play "not too bad"? It's always someone else's fault when his team loses but he's the reason when they win. How does that work? GB had 130 yds on 37 carries for a 3.5 YPC- how did the run D cost them? Favre's 2 INT's didn't hurt it was the run D?

17. uberchink

uberchink New Member

don't agree with you there but if you think that fine

again, your Favre hate shows. Here's some stats for you:

E. Manning: 21/40 for 254 Yds with 0 TD's 0 Int's
    Brett Favre: 19/35 for 236 Yds with 2 TD's 2 Int's

Both very similar. Can't say one is better than the other by looking at that. But Plaxico Burress had one of the best games of his career and completely dominated Al Harris the entire game with his 11 Rec. for 154 Yds.

Giants Rushing: 39 Carries for 134 Yards and 2 TD's
    Packers Rushing: 14 Carries for 28 Yards and 0 TD's

Yeah, 28 yards. That's not gonna win a game for you in a bad weather game. Like I said, the biggest reasons for the Packers loss were their measly 28 Yards rushing and allowing the Giants to get 134 Yards. Favre had that badly timed INT but anyone with any football sense knows that the crux of their problems came elsewhere.

#197 uberchink, Nov 17, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  18. uberchink

uberchink New Member

The fact that Green Bay scored 20 points in that weather against that team (the same team that held the record-setting Patriots to only 14 points in good weather says a lot. But facts don't mean much to you it seems, and I'm just wasting my time.

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

SERENITY NOW...SERENITY NOW!!

[​IMG]

20. nyjunc

Eli had NO TURNOVERS, Favre had the game ending TO. I watched the game and I hate the Giants more than anybody so I was rooting hard for GB. Fvare cost GB that game, that was a rookie mistake on that game ending INT. It was that bad.

always excuses. The facts are he lost ANOTHER hom playoff game and threw the game away w/ a terrible INT.